25 TO LIFE month to cont'd

Options

Replies

• jenbar
    jenbar Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    Okay, I walked around the lake (3/4 mile) four times equaling 3 miles in under an hour and burned 510 calories. I jogged a little (and I mean a little) every now and then to boost my HR. I feel good, but I think I'm gonna be sore tomorrow. I'm going to ice my knee now and watch Grey's Anatomy!
    Talk to you tomorrow!
    Jennifer
  • iluvsparkles
    iluvsparkles Posts: 1,730 Member
    Options
    this is the first day in a while that i didnt work out. BUT i did get my exercise ball and began using it as a desk chair today. I wonder if that burns calories? Tiresome for sure but it will be worth it to get some core muscles going.
    I have noticed that since josh and i have been hiking up our mountain daily that my legs are freaking cut! i love it! they are so much more solid (definitely put some weigh on my thighs as muscle, and have lost 2 inches in each thigh, so im not feeling quite as bad about the being up 1 pound anymore...now if only there were a way to get rid of that pesky upper inner thigh fat!!
  • dulceluva
    dulceluva Posts: 728 Member
    Options
    While I didn't eat great today, I did do 1 hr of yoga and then an 1 hr of cardio.
  • jenbar
    Options
    While I didn't eat great today, I did do 1 hr of yoga and then an 1 hr of cardio.

Good for you! That's a lot!
  • dulceluva
    dulceluva Posts: 728 Member
    Options
    yay for me. I just need to do both properly. I seem to do either really well but not both. hahaha
  • kerridwen
    kerridwen Posts: 165
    Options

I have noticed that since josh and i have been hiking up our mountain daily that my legs are freaking cut! i love it! they are so much more solid (definitely put some weigh on my thighs as muscle, and have lost 2 inches in each thigh, so im not feeling quite as bad about the being up 1 pound anymore...now if only there were a way to get rid of that pesky upper inner thigh fat!!

I second the upper thigh thing! Wow, mountains, that sounds lovely! (:
  • sindyb9
    sindyb9 Posts: 1,248 Member
    Options
    This week I boosted my exercise (walking) to two 30 min. 7 days. Sorry about the tredmill Buckeyebabe. To our challenge. I can understand we can do it when you get your tredmill back. But I would have lost last night anyway. Because I boosted my exercise I could not finish all my calories. It was 1544 with exercise, but I only had 1388 I still had 156 left over. I did not even think I was that far off until I logged this morning. :sad:
  • buckeyebabe
    buckeyebabe Posts: 235
    Options
    Congrats Kerridwen! 10 lbs. is a huge mile marker! Keep up the good work.

Jennifer-I have to admit that we have a stationary bike that we bought about 4 years ago....it's in mint condition because it so rarely gets used. I thought it would be a great little addition to our exercise room. I guess it was as I use the handle bars to hold myself up to do stretches!:laugh:

I think my husband and I are going out tonight to buy a treadmill. I am just going to take a chance and get something, anything in here. I have only been able to run once this week so far and it's driving me crazy. What are you going to do, you know? I just can't run outside very well anymore with the temperature and pollen counts going up. My asthma is absolutely ruling my world and it's so hard to breathe outside when running.

CINDY...are you still in the challenge with me? I got all my water in last night but I was over my calories by 120!:tongue: My girlfriends and I had a Grey's Anatomy Martini Party! I had 2 martini's and a handful of strawberries and grapes. Unfortunately I know the calorie count for martini's are really high but hey....they were really good and got in some girl time. I will just get back on the wagon today.
    :happy:

Hope everyone has a good day!
  • sindyb9
    sindyb9 Posts: 1,248 Member
    Options
    Congrats Kerridwen! 10 lbs. is a huge mile marker! Keep up the good work.

Jennifer-I have to admit that we have a stationary bike that we bought about 4 years ago....it's in mint condition because it so rarely gets used. I thought it would be a great little addition to our exercise room. I guess it was as I use the handle bars to hold myself up to do stretches!:laugh:

I think my husband and I are going out tonight to buy a treadmill. I am just going to take a chance and get something, anything in here. I have only been able to run once this week so far and it's driving me crazy. What are you going to do, you know? I just can't run outside very well anymore with the temperature and pollen counts going up. My asthma is absolutely ruling my world and it's so hard to breathe outside when running.

CINDY...are you still in the challenge with me? I got all my water in last night but I was over my calories by 120!:tongue: My girlfriends and I had a Grey's Anatomy Martini Party! I had 2 martini's and a handful of strawberries and grapes. Unfortunately I know the calorie count for martini's are really high but hey....they were really good and got in some girl time. I will just get back on the wagon today.
    :happy:

Hope everyone has a good day!

Yes still in was under on mine by 156 so we are about even for yesterday. :tongue:
  • kerridwen
    Options
    Thanks Buckeye! Hope you find something you like!
  • twin2
    twin2 Posts: 404
    Options
    Okay, I need a little motivation here!! Yesterday was my son's birthday, you know family over, cooking, eating, cake, eating, and finally going to bed on a FULL stomach. I watch what I ate but I felt so miserable after it was all said and one. I missed my gym day, I was going to go today but I have a hard time going to the gym by myself so when my gym partner can't go I miss usually. All you moms know, when you have kids they always come first, regardless, so this evening is out too. I am feeling a little frustrated and big time disappointed in my self. As I sit here I just feel my pants squeezing my waist and I feel like crying. :sad: I know GET A GRIP!!!
  • jenbar
    Options
    Twin!
    I hear you! It's not easy! Things get in the way, kids, work, house, errands, etc. I haven't lost over 2 pounds in a whole month. Talk about needing motivation! I'm working out, different things, not the same as when I first started, thought I needed a change, maybe that's why I'm not losing? Who the heck knows!
    Don't worry, just go for a walk around the block with the kids. It may be slow, but at least you're doing something. Tomorrow's another day!
  • twin2
    Options
    Tomorrow's another day!

SO TRUE!!!!!! Thanks!!! In needed that! :flowerforyou:
  • iluvsparkles
    iluvsparkles Posts: 1,730 Member
    Options
    im going out in some of my old jeans! i saw at the gym today that im back down to 166 but still at only 4 lbs lost :( however i managed to squeeze into my old size 9 lei's and they are so dang tight but im wearing them anyway to celebrate my new butt ive gained (never had a butt before) while hiking this past month! yay..hope no one makes any rude comments about these skin tight jeans!
  • kerridwen
    Options
    Close to 100 cal over :S
  • jlauren6
    jlauren6 Posts: 209
    Options
    Congrats on your new butt sparkles! Very exiting.
  • jlauren6
    jlauren6 Posts: 209
    Options
    SO I am going to a Chicago White Sox game tomorrow, holy temptation batman. Hot dogs, nachos and beer oh my. I think it's going to be too long of a day to pack a lunch, I'm not sure what to do! I know my husband will be eating and drinking away in the seat next to me!
  • twin2
    Options
    Jlauren, I don't know what to say good luck and be strong, and be sensible. Water for one should help fill the void (some). But have fun!!
  • kerridwen
    Options
    Good luck jLauren! You can always do a little exercise after if temptation gets the best of you! :wink:

Over 150 over today! Yikes! I was in the car all day, travelled down for my last exam EVER. :D Felt the need to celebrate and didn't have time to pack anything.
  • GemFB
    GemFB Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    That is hilarious!! :laugh:

55 cal over today! I just got my college acceptance (woot!) so I celebrated a bit. :laugh:

I might go for another walk so I can splurge a little more?

Congrats! I'm a bit new to this thread...Where did you get accepted?

Don't feel bad...I went over about 50 myself...Now I think I might do dishes and clean some more...I've been craving a brownie for days...lol