25 TO LIFE month to cont'd

Options

Replies

• GemFB
    GemFB Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    jbaranello buckeyebabe, it's too bad you guys don't live out here...We could just trade off..lol
  • GemFB
    GemFB Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    SO I am going to a Chicago White Sox game tomorrow, holy temptation batman. Hot dogs, nachos and beer oh my. I think it's going to be too long of a day to pack a lunch, I'm not sure what to do! I know my husband will be eating and drinking away in the seat next to me!

Eat in moderation? Mmm...God I haven't had a good hot dog or brat since I was at a brewers game in like 1998...Sad...My b/f keeps promising me a white sox game...HAVE FUN! Enjoy it a little...Hike up and down the stairs so you can eat some yummys. GL!
  • iluvsparkles
    iluvsparkles Posts: 1,730 Member
    Options
    so! i decided today, after wearing my super tight jeans the other nite that i would see what other of my old skinny clothes i could get into.
    i succeeded with a few peices in getting them at least on or zipped, tho they are all still too tight to wear. But its at least encouraging that i can get them buttoned even if i cant walk while wearing them!
  • kerridwen
    kerridwen Posts: 165
    Options
    Way to go Sparkles! :flowerforyou:

Thanks GemFB, I'm on my way into HR college in Toronto I think (just finished up undergrad and am making my choices).

I don't remember who started the idea of posting how you did at the end of the day, but I kept doing it anyhow, keeps me on track a bit. :wink: I'll probably come in at 0 today, I have just enough left for some popcorn tonight. (:
  • jenbar
    jenbar Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    Way to go sparkles! Keep going and in no time they'll be falling off!

wasgirls, if you are still around, you don't need to post your weight on Mondays. If you don't have a scale that's fine! I just wanted to start a thread for people who want to lose 25ish and to just be able to talk and make friends and keep each other on track. I saw your post about not knowing where to go! Stay here! Just know that your clothes are fitting differently is all you need to know you're doing great!

With that in mind, I had on a pair of cords that were skin tight on me with it being tight around the middle a few months ago, are now a little loose in the butt and fit perfectly around the middle! Yeah, now to make those fall off!

So my 10 year anniversary is on May 3rd (Sat.) and my husband asked me what ring size I was. hmmmmm, wondering what he picked out! And asked if I wanted to go this old inn for dinner, stay the night and their famous brunch the next day! How great. He's actually thinking!
    But, bad news, I haven't even put any thought into it! Yikes! I thought we were just going to have our Disney trip in Sept. be our gift to us and the kids.

Going to the orthopedist tomorrow to get my hip and neck checked out, and while I'm there I'll have him check my knee and see if he can fix it or get me a knee brace. I have to say, since losing weight it's been MUCH better!

Hope you all had a great weekend!
    Let's see, what can we do for an added boost to our exercises this week???
    uhhhhhhh, arms and back?
    Do any of you have hand weights? If you do, then try and to some bicep curls, and work the triceps and bend over with bended arms and work your back, and any other things you can think of. I guess we can do 2 sets of 10 of each. We need sexy arms for the summer and all those cute summer dresses!
  • sindyb9
    sindyb9 Posts: 1,248 Member
    Options
    This has been a really bad week, unless you did better Buckeyebabe I blew it on friday and sat. went over 210 on friday and 156 on sat. I could not get that ice cream cake out of my mind until it was gone :sad: thank god my son had most of it. but I managed not to gain, I lost 2lbs this week, 207lbs last week this week 205, That extra exercise must of helped. :Glad to say I am back on track this morning. Hope everybody else did well. :bigsmile:
  • buckeyebabe
    buckeyebabe Posts: 235
    Options
    Ok...checking in. NOt a great week for me. Yes, we finally bought a treadmill over the weekend but it will be more than a week before it's delivered. The problem is that it's going to rain here and get cold most of the week so outdoor running is probably not a very likely option. Then to top it off that dear old Aunt is back in town this week:grumble: I am so bloated and uncomfortable! In any event I am up a pound to 174. All in all I guess it's not bad knowing that at least one pound is water gain, so if I haven't lost I should have, at the very least, maintained.

Well, I hope all of you have a great week!! I think I am going to be doing a lot more free weights this week and lay off on the running. I never feel like it's that great of a work out but it's good to build muscle!! I will just have to be very careful and maintain my calories since you don't really burn too many calories with lifting....not like you do with running!!!
  • jlauren6
    jlauren6 Posts: 209
    Options
    Checking in this morning...thanks for all the support before my White Sox game, I suprised myself and ate the lunch I packed in the car before the game, and only ate nacho chips with NO cheese at the game! It really felt good to finally overcome a craving, I should say LOTS of cravings! I am now at 171lbs.

Congrats on taking your last exam EVER Kerri, that must feel like a huge weight lifted off your shoulders!

Gem-That's how I burn my calories too, cleaning! I have spotless glass in my house. haha.

jbaranello-it must feel amazing to fit into skinny clothes, I attempted a few pair today, not successful but like buckeyebabe my dear aunt is in town this week also.

LET'S HAVE A GREAT WEEK EVERYONE!!
  • proudmama0118
    proudmama0118 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Haven't made it over to weigh in yet. I think I am going to wait until tomorrow morning as that is when I am doing my final weigh in for the BL contest on base. Got ambitious and ran 3 mi Sat and 3.25 Sun. That is the first time I had enough ambition to actually go running on the weekend. Planning on running 5 today and 6 tomorrow weather permitting. Got to get in a few last hard workouts before I weigh tomorrow!! Hoping for 10% but I think that I will fall just shy of that.
  • weightlossinprogress
    weightlossinprogress Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    HI there everyone: Checking in - this week was totally a write off - have been packing all week and snacking and just stuffing everything into me---

I am up to 181.8 - so a gain of 3.6lbs --- yuckss all that hard work to waste...

I'm hoping that this week is better - good luck everyone!
    Patricia
  • wagsgirls
    wagsgirls Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    hey there! yeah i'm still here! i wasn't planning on leaving you, i figured the more challenges i was in maybe the more motivation i would have! anyway, speaking of clothes fitting, i had to work yesterday and i have been wearing capris lately because of it being warm. yesterday wasn't as warm so i had put on my kakis that i used to wear before it got warm. they were actually looser!! yea!:drinker: i could actually button them and put a finger between the pants and my belly! :happy: (even better that is while my friend is here, which means i have alittle extra due to bloating) so of course that made me measure myself and i'm down another inch that makes 3 since starting! and since i don't have a scale i don't know my lbs. i'm still debating it i want to get one or not. i just never seem to see the numbers move even though i know i'm losing inches. idid weigh myself about 2 weeks ago on my moms and i was down 1-2lbs(hers is hard to read it's one with the dial) and then thurs my hubby and i were at the store and i tried to get on one there and see what it said but it didn't look any different then i just get frustrated and discouraged. anyway, thanks for wanting to keep me around and for your support!
  • jenbar
    Options
    Yeah :drinker: to everyone who lost and don't worry :ohwell: to the ones who gained or maintained!
    This is a new week:bigsmile: ! Let's not worry and start again. :drinker:

I'm finally at 166! lost 3 pounds! Yeah!! I really didn't do anything different. Possibly the walk or I think I ate more? Who knows, but I don't care, now to just get to 164 by next week!

Thinking out loud...
    May 5 165
    May 12 163
    May 19 162
    May 26 160
    June 2 159
    June 9 158
    June 16 155
    June 23 154
    June 30 on vacation hoping to be in the mid 50's.
  • iluvsparkles
    Options
    congrats!!! we are at the same weight now!!
    i uploaded a new pic of me with my new exercise ball that i love!
    im going to aim for your same goals! They sound reasonable and attainable.
    Here we go.I think im also going to start logging at the end of each day a basic idea of how i thought it went.
    Oh also, i have a doc appt today. im going to try to wait until afterwards to eat lunch, so that my weight will be more accurate, tho i guess i have to account for the coffee and cereal bar i had this morning. I'm very anxious about finding out my 'dr weight'. VERY
  • motheroftwoboys
    Options
    OK, so I weighted myself this morning and I'm at 169.4. I didn't lose much weight but at least I;m in the 60's. I'm happy :smile:
  • kerridwen
    kerridwen Posts: 165
    Options
    Patricia - I'm at the same 181 :grumble: But, the work didn't go to waste! You're still trending positive. (:

Not overly impressed with mysefl, but with late night studying out of the way I have hopes for improvement!

Thanks jlauren!! I'm pretty excited! And nervous. Waiting for all the official mail to arrive before I celebrate! haha

My arm might be healing, but regardless I'm going to throw in a bit more jogging while dog walking. A few minutes shouldn't make anything worse and sure will make me feel better! :laugh:
  • iluvsparkles
    Options
    so i had my doc appt. today, my weight was 2 lbs over what i thought, but im accounting for jeans and water weight. SO i guess im around the same weight as i thought i was.
  • jenbar
    Options
    Way to go everyone!
    iluv, your weight is way more proportioned then me! You look great! If I took a pic like that my rolls would be all over the place! ahaha!

We lost quite a few people. I'm looking at this little chart I wrote with all the names and weights.

These are last weeks and todays weights.

jbaranello 169..... 166
    julie1984 180..... 179
    ilub 167..... 166
    kerri 182.... 181
    jlauren 176.... 171 (is that right? 5 pounds!) great! if I got that right!!
    buckeye 173.....174
    sindy 207.....205
    twin 180..... didn't receive yet
    GemFB 184.... didn't receive yet
    patricia 178...... 181
    motherof2 174..... 169 (again, 5 pounds!!?, great!)
    proudmama 188..... didn't receive yet
    dulce.... are you around!?
    wags...I'm putting you in around 182 since you don't own a scale, but I will also put in the you LOST 3 INCHES!! yeah!

I'm going back through the threads, so if I made a mistake, let me know!
    Way to go everyone!
    so far we lost 16 pounds total! this past week!
  • Julie1984
    Julie1984 Posts: 33
    Options
    Hey, I'm still here. I weighed in at 179.5... technically a half pound loss since last week, though it's the exact same as last Tuesday. I don't really know why I'm losing so slowly lately, but I'm not going to get upset about it. I'll just try to stick to the plan a little better this week and hope for the best.
  • jenbar
    Options
    I just did a quick tally since 3/17 and to date, we have lost together.....
    60 pounds!! way to go!
    Patricia lost 13 and proudmama as of today 10?!
    Great job everyone keep it up!!
  • twin2
    twin2 Posts: 404
    Options
    Back down to 178 :smile: Lost a total of 3 inches, too, almost back to where I was a year ago.
    As they say slow and steady wins the race :glasses: Slow I am definately there, steady - we will see.
    Way to go everyone!!