25 TO LIFE month to cont'd

Options

Replies

• sindyb9
    sindyb9 Posts: 1,248 Member
    Options
    ok i need help with the water. i started out doing good and that was all i was drinking,but now i just seem to be tired of it. i never really liked plain water at least not that much. is ways to spice it up and it still be benefit me?

I use Wyler's Light to go. It has no sugar but taste great. 10 cal. per packet. It helps me drink my water. :drinker:
  • cp005e
    cp005e Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    OK guys... I need a little push here! :laugh:

There is an "Aqua Kickboxing" class at the Y that I've kinda been wanting to try - but I'm afraid it's going to be really hardcore and I won't know what I'm doing! I've done karate in the past but never kickboxing - and then doing it in the water as well sounds like a TOUGH workout. But I thought it might be easier on my knees that a regular aerobics class.

What do you think? Should I give a try? Has anybody done this?
  • plantlady99
    plantlady99 Posts: 1,338 Member
    Options
    HAHA!! I love Ellen! I can see it now... "My next group of guests are part of an online weight loss site. They supported each other throughout their weight loss ups and downs and they will all be meeting in person the first time today...a combined weight loss of 999 lbs! Bring out the hotties!" haah, or something like that.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • jenbar
    jenbar Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options

There is an "Aqua Kickboxing" class at the Y that I've kinda been wanting to try - but I'm afraid it's going to be really hardcore and I won't know what I'm doing! I've done karate in the past but never kickboxing - and then doing it in the water as well sounds like a TOUGH workout. But I thought it might be easier on my knees that a regular aerobics class.

I've never tried it, but it sounds like fun!
    DO IT!!!!

Patricia...
    No problem!:heart::flowerforyou:
  • jenbar
    Options
    Okay,
    I HAVE NOT EXERCISED ALL WEEK!
    What the heck is going on!?
    I went to a gym yesterday (that I went to 4 years ago) to check it out again, b/c my cardio has dwindled and I need more than what I can do at home.
    1 month $89.95
    3 months $249
    6 months $499
    1 year $719
    good LORD!???
    I might join in Sept. when I have both kids in school (yeah!) I'll go on MWF when my little one is in all day, and then on T & Th when I have to drop him off at 12, I'll go straight from there. (Well, that's the plan in my head anyway.) The gym is on the other side of town (a zig zaggy way I hate driving) but I really do kind of miss it. I use to go at night, when Ryan was a baby, but I don't think I can do that now.
    I don't know what the heck is going on?
    I think we're all starting to lose a little motivation.
    Why?
    It's like we're saying in our heads that it's great that we've gotten this far and we're feeling good.
    The end.
    But, it's not the end. For most of us, we still have a lot to go, and we should start everyday like it's the first day.... With GUNG HO!
    Anyone up for GUNG HO!
    My 10 year anny is on Sat. My husband booked an inn that has dinner, jazz, overnight stay, and famous brunch (with sticky buns... oh LORD!) I haven't gotten him anything. Really at this time, we can't afford to get anything else (I think he got me a ring, he's not very good at being nonchalant, he made me measure my finger :laugh: ) And he is the most difficult guy to buy for.
    Maybe just anniversary sex will tide him over! hahaha! Maybe I'll pick up a slinky number for the night. That should be good. Now here's the problem. Instead of working out tomorrow, I'm going to have to go find this slinky little number before I have to get Ry from school.
    See, I just don't have enough time in the day!!!
    And I can't/don't get up before 7:15?!
    whoa is me!
  • kerridwen
    kerridwen Posts: 165
    Options
    Wow lots to catch up on! (:

I ran away to the city to celebrate and do some things. I was good celebration day but today I ended up just under 150 over, eek!

I also, used to have water problems (as in drinking it), but found water inserts helped a lot. I was partial to the iced tea myself, but anything low calories works!

I found a gym in reasonable distance to where I am at the folks - we're fairly northish so that's a surprise! I might be able to get myself on a stationary bike to get the heart rate up! I'm excited.

Sounds like everyone's in the same bit of a rut at a moment. Me too. Hopefully we'll all do better tomorrow? :flowerforyou:
  • sindyb9
    sindyb9 Posts: 1,248 Member
    Options
    I dont know about everybody but the rain around here is bumming me out. :sad: But I am not going to let that stop me. If I have to walk in the rain I will. We all have busy a busy schedule but lets start today to get back into it like it was the first week. WE CAN DO THIS :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:

Hope this motivates everyone. :bigsmile:
  • cp005e
    Options

I've never tried it, but it sounds like fun!
    DO IT!!!!

Well, I did it! :tongue: But it wasn't as tough a workout as I was hoping. More analagous to strength training or circuit training than cardio. Everyone in the class was older and heavier than me - including the instructor! But it was fun, and I'll definitely keep it on my list for when I want a resistance workout or my knee is bothering me. My HRM started acting wacky in the water with all the jumping around, but it looked like my heart rate only got up to 130-135 at the max - average probably 120. I think I burn more calories swimming laps.

It's Friday, everyone! Have a great weekend and don't forget your water (or your workout). :laugh:
  • wagsgirls
    wagsgirls Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    hey all i may need lots of support later or maybe lots of cheers! i go to the docs today at 4:00pm(et) so i will actually get on a scale again after about 2 weeks. i really hope i see a difference if i don't i will really get discouraged. i think either way i may talk to her and tell her that i am trying this and see what she says. i just hope that i see a lower number even if its a pound. now does it matter that this is a different scale? anyway thanks for the support! i will check in later. and also thanks for the help with the water. i wasn't sure how the packets worked because i do like to add them but i didn't know if they gave the same benefits as plain water.
  • iluvsparkles
    iluvsparkles Posts: 1,730 Member
    Options
    morning all!
    yesterday went ok. I didnt get as much exercise in as i had planned, but i did manage to stay at my calorie level...so im glad for that.
    i really want to get a heart rate monitor so i can more closely monitor my BMR and what i burn while exercising, since i tend to do exercises that are found on no list.
    Anyone using one of these?
    im really hoping i can up my motivation to work out this next week. Apparently hiking up the hill is not enough.
  • jenbar
    Options
    About the water.
    Kelloggs has a powder in Lemonade flavor that's full of fiber! It's in the aisle with the diet aids I think. It's pretty good!
  • cp005e
    Options
    i really want to get a heart rate monitor so i can more closely monitor my BMR and what i burn while exercising, since i tend to do exercises that are found on no list.
    Anyone using one of these?

I treated myself to a Polar F11 heart rate monitor after I lost 25 pounds. (Probably fancier than I needed, but they were having a special on Amazon so it was just as cheap to get the F11 as it would have been to get the F6. Woo-hoo! :happy: Several people have mentioned eBay as another place to find lower prices on the Polar models.)

I've only had it for a couple of weeks, but I am really liking it so far. The chest strap is comfortable; I pretty much forget that I'm wearing it. I haven't tried wearing it all day on an inactive day yet - that's the next thing I want to try to see what my daily calorie requirement is (NOT the same as BMR, which is if I was lying in bed all day following 12 hours of fasting). I did wear the HRM for an hour while lying on the couch and then just multiplied by 24, and it came out to be pretty much what some of the calculators estimate. Banks also suggested wearing it for a couple hours before and after exercise, to see how cardio and strength training affect your calorie burn for a few hours after you finish (apparently strength training keeps your metabolism up longer). It even works while swimming!
  • iluvsparkles
    Options
    it works while swimming!!! then it will be worth the investment for me since thats my main exercise!! thanks so much for the info!!
  • kerridwen
    Options
    Ok think I'm caught up!

Thanks Gem, good luck with your school process too!

So, after reading a little, I found out there was a tiny gym in town and bought a one month membership! They have a few stationary bikes that shouldn't bother the arm, but I hope will get my heart rate up! I might even try the eliptical. I'm excited! Thanks for the motivation guys!

I also went grocery shopping and splurged a little on my favorite "healthier" items, so hopefully I have enough around to cover the extra calories I'll be earning. :laugh:
  • iluvsparkles
    Options
    i purchased my heart rate monitor!!!!!! Im so excited
    I went with the Highgear PulseWare Duo Heart Rate Monitor with Fingertip HR Sensors and Wireless Strap
    It has alot of the features i wanted that the Polar has, but for a bit cheaper.
    i also splurged on a little vera bradley for myself :)
  • jenbar
    Options
    I keep debating on joining a gym or not.....
    I really have no money, but think that this is the extra boost I need since I haven't exercised in a week.

Tomorrow is my anniversary. Bought a size MEDIUM woot woot! cute nightgown.
    This tavern we're going to is not known for any lite dishes! I'm going to have to do some working out tomorrow and try to make smart choices! And hopefully I'll burn some calories tomorrow night! ahahaha!
    wish me luck!
    iluv... love vera!!
    btw, what is your real name, I hate always calling you iluv! .... if you don't mind?
  • iluvsparkles
    Options
    ha! how hilarious. i didnt even realize that'd i'd never mentioned my own name!
    So real quick, i might as well do a breif 'about me' while i have your attention!
    My name is EMILY :) My first girl name i have picked out is Ryah (like the end sound of "Zachariah") but It'll be a few years before kids for me. I am 26 and very random, and very eclectic. I'm an artist by trade ( i work as a graphic designer at a small town newspaper) however my first major was in Vocal Performance. I have a few recordings if anyone ever cares to hear! I've had my dreadlocks for almost 6 years, and ummmm im waiting on an engagement ring that i've already picked out!.

SO, how about you guys?? Give me a paragrah that (somewhat) sums you up!

(btw its 9:30 and according to the site i am still 400 cals under, (i hiked the hill twice today!) so i'll let it slide as a mistake in estimation of cals/inaccurate figures in the site ..ive bought a HRM so ill let yall know how that goes once it arrives!

oh btw Myspace: myspace.com/iluvsparkles and facebook too ..not sure the link tho...
  • kerridwen
    Options
    Hey there - quick question, what heart rate are you guys aiming for? I've seen a fair amount of variance in what the ideal "weight loss" range is.

Hey Emily! haha

I'm Stacey - I'm 26 too, finished up my psych degree and am working on my hr certification. I have a ridgeback named Minnie and I'm waiting for surgery on my broken arm since first week last October! This will be my 3rd horseback related injury (I've been doing it since I was 9 and all three were odd accidents! I have the strangest luck). Which is why coming back this time I thought I could use a little extra motivational boost!
  • cp005e
    Options
    I don't usually focus too much on my heart rate, actually - I usually know if I'm working hard enough. For me, that's between 135 and 165. I guess if I were focusing on "fat burning" I would stay below 145 or 150, and if I were focusing on cardio, I'd go over 150. But I figure that it doesn't matter so much whether I'm burning fat or carbs while exercising - if I have a calorie deficit overall, then if I don't burn the fat when I exercise, I'll burn it while I sleep. That may not be an entirely accurate analysis of how it works, but it seems close enough!

Jennifer - can you maybe get a day pass for the gym? That might help you decide if it's really worth it! Some places will give you a free trial period, or you could try the YMCA - it might be a little less expensive. Or just keep working the DDR pad! :laugh:

Anyway, I'm Chris - 29 (almost 30!!! :sad:), computer geek by trade. I grew up in the Midwest, but came out to western NY for college. I've been with my husband for over 10 years, though we've only been married for 2 1/2. :tongue: We love traveling and going on adventures. No kids on the radar at the moment (although we did go to the 2nd birthday party of a friend's daughter today) - just our naughty kitties! :laugh:
  • jenbar
    Options
    Chris,
    Yeah, I'm doing a trial week this week. See if it fits into my schedule. I think it will work better for me in Sept. when school starts.
    Okay, 37 (almost 38, good lord, I'm the oldy on here!... May 27) I've been married 10 years, 1 day! 2 boys, 4 & 8, a dog and 2 cats. I'm also a Graphic Designer and work for myself at home for a company I've been with for 15 years.

So I was totally bad last night for our anniversary dinner. But I figured, it's only for this special occasion.
    I had some corn bread fried calamari, pear, roquefort? cheese and walnut salad (yummy), stuffed filet or sole, creme brulee and some chocolate mousse. I also had a glass of champagne, a drink and a coffee with baileys and kahlua in it. THEN I had brunch this morning and had fruit, yogurt, bagel/lox/cream cheese, 1 sausage, poached egg, a small french toast (made from french bread) and.... I'm sure there are more things, but I can't remember.
    tomorrow's another day!