25 TO LIFE month to cont'd

Options

Replies

• jlauren6
    jlauren6 Posts: 209
    Options
    Back down to 178 :smile: Lost a total of 3 inches, too, almost back to where I was a year ago.
    As they say slow and steady wins the race :glasses: Slow I am definately there, steady - we will see.
    Way to go everyone!!

WOW! 3 inches is awesome! Great job!
  • proudmama0118
    proudmama0118 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    holey moley! I ran 5.4 miles and then did 30 minutes on the stationary doing the hills workout. i do not think there is any possible way that I can eat all these workout calories now!!! Hopefully it will pay off on the BL weigh in in the morning. Talk to you all later, have a great night!
  • kerridwen
    kerridwen Posts: 165
    Options
    Wow!!! You guys are doing amazing!!!! :flowerforyou:

Way to go everyone!!
  • jenbar
    jenbar Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    okay, confession time.
    I have not worked out since last week. And feeling kind of guilty about it. I only w/o on M, W & F b/c that's when I have the house to myself. But that's also when I make dr's appt's and do other things like shopping, etc. Monday, I had a dr's appt, then tomorrow, I have to go back to the gyno to get another pap smear, b/c he didn't get a good enough one. Gotta love when you have to go back (this has happened 3 times in a row) will this guy scrape enough the first time already! Good lord! It's bad enough the first time, let alone having to go back for a second! :devil:

Anyway, perhaps I'll try something today. The guilt is getting to me! Especially when I see how much you guys are all doing. and I was wondering why I only lost 4 pounds this last month, hmmmmm, I guess I can do the math. me + exercise = loss, me- no exercise = NO LOSS. aha! Now I know why I went to college!

Have a great day!
    Jennifer
  • iluvsparkles
    iluvsparkles Posts: 1,730 Member
    Options
    UGh! i had to go through that whole deal yesterday. i would absolutely HATE having it done twice in a row. let alone 3! ugh is all i can say to that!.

i never checked in last night, so:
    I had a good day, stayed under my calories and sat on my ball for the entire day at work (i suggest it highly its so easy and i can feel it working my core, but its not uncomforatble at all. quite comfier than a chair really! ) . Before dinner i hiked up our hill i talk about so much. it is very steep, i would say it goes up more than 100 feet in a very small distance. I timed myself and found that i was doing about 14 minutes of very intense cardio. WIthout a heart rate monitor it is very hard to tell how many calories you are burning doing something like that which is not listed in the exercises, so i combine 'uphill cross country skiing vigorous effort" along with stair climbing, hopeing to get the most accurate numbers. Any suggestions on that?
    When i got done i had a good taco dinner but was still under my calories.

thats when i made the Cheese Puff Mistake and ate a whole serving, therefore i was still under calories but went over my fat by a couple of grams. UGH. so then i ate some grapes because i was in a snacky mood. I hate that late nite snacky feeling! all in all did ok, but felt guilty for crammng the cheese doodles a the last minute. ugh!
  • proudmama0118
    Options
    Last week: 188.6
    This week: 187

My mini goals:
    190 - April 15 -- 189 4/14
    185 - April 29 -- :ohwell: End of BL contest at work (187lbs 9.22%)
    175 - June 15
    165 - Aug 1
    159 - Sept 20 -- AF 1/2 Marathon

Well, I did not get quite to where I wanted to for this contest at work, but on the plus side... I won for our squadron and the guy at the gym said that I might be in the lead for the base wide girls too. Contest officially ends tomorrow. So I should know Thursday if I actually win anything. But it is pretty nice knowing that I beat all the guys at work. Especially since it seems to typically be easier for them!! :happy:
  • jenbar
    Options
    Last week: 188.6
    This week: 187

My mini goals:
    190 - April 15 -- 189 4/14
    185 - April 29 -- :ohwell: End of BL contest at work (187lbs 9.22%)
    175 - June 15
    165 - Aug 1
    159 - Sept 20 -- AF 1/2 Marathon

Well, I did not get quite to where I wanted to for this contest at work, but on the plus side... I won for our squadron and the guy at the gym said that I might be in the lead for the base wide girls too. Contest officially ends tomorrow. So I should know Thursday if I actually win anything. But it is pretty nice knowing that I beat all the guys at work. Especially since it seems to typically be easier for them!! :happy:

Yeah!! Great Job! Nothing like beating the men!! haha! You're doing great! Keep it up!

Iluv, I can't imagine how hard those steep hills are! I should tackle some hills around here.... if I could find one? Every six months I have my gyno appt. And everytime I have to go back b/c he doesn't "scrape" well enough. Ugh is RIGHT!
  • proudmama0118
    Options
    I would be shopping for a new gyno!!
  • buckeyebabe
    buckeyebabe Posts: 235
    Options
    WAHOO!!!!!!!:happy:

My treadmill came today!! I was so excited that I ran on it for 2.75 hours!!! I burned 1019 calories!!! I ran 3.5 miles and then did every program the machine had to offer for 10-20 minutes each. It all balanced out to 2 3/4 hours. I am so thrilled that we have a treadmill again. Hopefully I will start dropping weight again.

I had no problem eating all my calories...I made my famous peanut butter chocolate chunk cookies and ate 2 of them with a tall glass of milk. that killed 280 calories right there!!! There is nothing like chunks of melting chocolate!!! I am stuffed now and I still have 700 calories for the rest of the night. I think I will be able to get rid of the calories though...I am going to splurge and have a tall glass of O.J.

By the way Kerri...I was the one who suggested posting daily, I am just really bad about doing it!:tongue: Go figure!! I will really try and be better. I also suggested we come clean on whether or not we are drinking all of our water. I have not been getting all of that in daily. I really need to pick that up!!

Well good luck everyone! I hope all of you have a great week!! I think I am going to go play on my treadmill again!!:laugh:
  • jenbar
    Options
    WAHOO!!!!!!!:happy:

My treadmill came today!! I was so excited that I ran on it for 2.75 hours!!! I burned 1019 calories!!! I ran 3.5 miles and then did every program the machine had to offer for 10-20 minutes each. It all balanced out to 2 3/4 hours. I am so thrilled that we have a treadmill again. Hopefully I will start dropping weight again.

I had no problem eating all my calories...I made my famous peanut butter chocolate chunk cookies and ate 2 of them with a tall glass of milk. that killed 280 calories right there!!! There is nothing like chunks of melting chocolate!!! I am stuffed now and I still have 700 calories for the rest of the night. I think I will be able to get rid of the calories though...I am going to splurge and have a tall glass of O.J.

By the way Kerri...I was the one who suggested posting daily, I am just really bad about doing it!:tongue: Go figure!! I will really try and be better. I also suggested we come clean on whether or not we are drinking all of our water. I have not been getting all of that in daily. I really need to pick that up!!

Well good luck everyone! I hope all of you have a great week!! I think I am going to go play on my treadmill again!!:laugh:

I'm so jealous! I wish I had room in my house for one!
  • kerridwen
    Options
    haha! No worries buckeye!

Yay for the treadmill!

I'm over 200 under and have definately been eating all the water. (:
  • cp005e
    cp005e Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    Hi guys, I'd still like to join your thread - even though I'm late to the party. You seem like a great supportive group!! :flowerforyou: I weigh in on Tuesdays:

4/15: 181.8
    4/21: 182.0
    Current weight: 179.8

Hooray for getting into the 170s! All my pants are falling off (size 16 or 18), so I went shopping tonight. I discovered that it's really hard to buy pants at the end of April - everyone's got all their shorts and swimsuits and tank tops out on the racks, and hardly any sizes of pants left. BUT! I tried a pair of size 12 khakis and.... well, they were sorta tight. But only a little tiny bit! So I went ahead and bought them, figuring they would be a great motivator! I'm thinking in another couple weeks they will be perfect.

- Chris
  • kerridwen
    Options
    Correction, drinking water..... :laugh: :ohwell:

Welcome cp005e (Hope I got that right!)!
  • buckeyebabe
    Options
    Welcome CP! I think you will find out little group very supportive.

As I told my husband I (eventually) I want to be in a size 8...at least by July 1 when we go back to VA and see all of our friends! I am in a size 10 stretch now, size 12 is loose. I just want to be able to zip and button a pair of 8's, if I can breathe and move in them (useless ability anyway :laugh: ) then that's a bonus!

Kerri....I was under by 164 last night. Not bad given that I had so many calories to burn last night before I went to bed. I may even be forgetting something so I could be under by 80 or less. I ate a lot last night before bed and felt stuffed but I ddin't want to go to bed with all those calories left!! I would definitely plateau again if I did that and I am sick of doing that! I, once again, was pathetic with the water...only 6 glasses. :embarassed:

Buckeye
  • sindyb9
    sindyb9 Posts: 1,248 Member
    Options
    Congrats everyone :drinker:

Ok this week has been really bad. I went over my calories 3 times this week and was not drinking enough water. Monday and Tuesday it poured so no exercise. Today is sunny so I will get as much walking in as possible.:bigsmile: Just feel down because I have been so bad, but glad I still lost and not gained.

Good luck everyone for this week. :drinker:
  • buckeyebabe
    Options

Ok this week has been really bad. I went over my calories 3 times this week and was not drinking enough water. Monday and Tuesday it poured so no exercise. Today is sunny so I will get as much walking in as possible.:bigsmile: Just feel down because I have been so bad, but glad I still lost and not gained.

Keep your chin up Cindy! We all have weeks like that. You have the right attitude...you didn't gain so no ground has been lost. Just keep forging ahead and you will be fine. Get out there and move. If you can't do any outside exercise then make sure you do lunges and some free weight exercises in the evening while watching TV. I have been trying to do that lately!
  • iluvsparkles
    iluvsparkles Posts: 1,730 Member
    Options
    morning all!
    well, i didnt check in again last nite, so this morning'll do.

Yesterday was ok...I realized a few things...i've found over the last few weeks that i do not eat enough during the day, so when i get home, i go for a hike, make dinner, and after dinner ive been as many as 400-500 calories under. So i eat a snack before bed, but that CANT be good...do you all eat before bed?

SO i guess i need to be getting my calories in sooner in the day... so i dont have to 'binge' at nite, OR go to bed under by 400 like i did yesterday. i know alot of people struggle to stay under calories but i tend to have a hard time getting up to my calories most days. which leads me to this...

'Ive also found that ive been slowly doing less exercise. i think the reason is that when i do go swim, i come home with way too many calories to eat, then i feel like i have gorged myself.

i know the logical fix is to eat more while im at work, BEFORE my work out...but ever since i was starving myself in highschool, i get this weird feeling of satisfaction out of being hungry...but even that is making me feel guilty lately.
    ug i dunno. I hate exercise, and i have never claimed to love it, and i feel like i am eating less and less just as an excuse to not exercise, because then ive burned more calories than my mind will let me eat. I know this probably makes no since..but thats what a food diary is for. siiiiigh. Thank you aunt flow for upping my already overwhelming anxiety about food!
  • Julie1984
    Julie1984 Posts: 33
    Options
    Sparkles- I sometimes eat before bed, and it doesn't seem to hurt anything. Lately I've read a few articles in health magazines which said there's little evidence that eating late at night leads to weight gain. If it seems to have an adverse affect on your body though, try to make yourself eat a larger or higher calorie breakfast and/or lunch so you won't have so many left over cals at the end of the day. I know you said that doing that is hard for you, but you know it's healthier than cutting out exercise to reduce how many calories you need... I don't love exercise all that much either, but you gotta do it.

I'm feeling pretty happy today. I weighed in at 177.5 this morning- that's down 2 lbs from Monday! I haven't had that large of a loss within a week in at least a month. I guess I was eating too little before, because when I changed my goal from 1.5lbs a week to 1lb a week and started eating about 150 more calories a day, I started losing. Planning out my meals and entering them into MFP in advance is helping me quite a bit too. Also, I went clothes shopping yesterday and confirmed that I am officially down a size. :smokin:
  • sindyb9
    Options

Keep your chin up Cindy! We all have weeks like that. You have the right attitude...you didn't gain so no ground has been lost. Just keep forging ahead and you will be fine. Get out there and move. If you can't do any outside exercise then make sure you do lunges and some free weight exercises in the evening while watching TV. I have been trying to do that lately!

Thank you. I went out and did a 40 min walk on my lunch and will do another when I walk home. Feel so much better. Never thought I would miss exercise :laugh: :bigsmile:
  • sindyb9
    Options
    morning all!
    well, i didnt check in again last nite, so this morning'll do.

Yesterday was ok...I realized a few things...i've found over the last few weeks that i do not eat enough during the day, so when i get home, i go for a hike, make dinner, and after dinner ive been as many as 400-500 calories under. So i eat a snack before bed, but that CANT be good...do you all eat before bed?

SO i guess i need to be getting my calories in sooner in the day... so i dont have to 'binge' at nite, OR go to bed under by 400 like i did yesterday. i know alot of people struggle to stay under calories but i tend to have a hard time getting up to my calories most days. which leads me to this...

'Ive also found that ive been slowly doing less exercise. i think the reason is that when i do go swim, i come home with way too many calories to eat, then i feel like i have gorged myself.

i know the logical fix is to eat more while im at work, BEFORE my work out...but ever since i was starving myself in highschool, i get this weird feeling of satisfaction out of being hungry...but even that is making me feel guilty lately.
    ug i dunno. I hate exercise, and i have never claimed to love it, and i feel like i am eating less and less just as an excuse to not exercise, because then ive burned more calories than my mind will let me eat. I know this probably makes no since..but thats what a food diary is for. siiiiigh. Thank you aunt flow for upping my already overwhelming anxiety about food!

That is they way I used to be. You know what the problem is because your thinking about it. If you know you are going to exercise, eat the calories though out the day. I had to force myself to start eating, my body fought it every step of the way. But I know you can do this. Now I tend to go over my calories unless I exercise. It does get easier. :flowerforyou: