coffee lovers please help!

Options

Replies

• MindyMae8918
    Options
    I have a weakness for coffee, specifically, mocha lattes 300+ calories per drink!! If I drink coffee anymore, I use a half packet of hot chocolate in my coffee. it's roughly 45 calories for the regular swiss miss.
    I've switched to green tea lately. I used to drink coffee every morning and take a nap in the afternoon. Since I started drinking green tea 3 times a day (with each meal) I haven't even had the urge to nap once. I sweeten it with organic honey.
  • newlife888
    newlife888 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Black coffee. It's an acquired taste. You have to use high quality coffee. I roast my own. Once you acquire it, it tastes wonderful, but yeah, you can't use the cheap stuff (instant coffee is full of poisonous chemicals anyway). You could start with something like the Starbucks Columbian roast. That is a pretty good quality coffee that will have lots of lovely flavor black.
  • laurenz2501
    laurenz2501 Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    If you are okay with Splenda, you can get the Sugar Free Torani Flavored Syrups. Most of them are 0 calories a serving. I have been making smores coffee the past few days. Two cups dunkin donuts chocolate donut coffee, two tablespoons Sugar Free Torani Smores syrup, a teaspoon of Splenda, and half a cup of unsweetened vanilla almond milk. About 30 calories total.

SUCH a good idea!!! (minus the Splenda) :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: That sounds sooo good!

I personally have been doing 1 packet or 1 tbsp regular sugar and fat free half and half. 55 cals. I LOVE the Coffeemate Natural Bliss Low Fat in Chocolate. I agree don't give up something you love completely. As long as you're not getting 500cal Starbucks coffees every day you should be okay! I just make it fit :smile: I absolutely can't do black coffee. Never could. It actually makes my stomach hurt.
  • size10wannabe85
    Options
    i started MFP this week and haven't had coffee till today. and i tried to have it with less sugar and its awful

what do you guys use ?

You can use half spoon sugar, so if your usually 2 you use 1 and it does taste exactly the same and its less calorific
  • keem88
    keem88 Posts: 1,689 Member
    Options
    you can either adjust your day and have your coffee as you usually do to fit it in.
    or try an alternative sweetener, i don't mind stevia in my coffee.
  • links_slayer
    links_slayer Posts: 1,151 Member
    Options
    buy good coffee and drink it black

or use artificial sweeteners - but they have lots of teh loltoxinz and chemicalz
  • MizzTweezy
    MizzTweezy Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    I use sugar free coffee creamers and splenda
  • BXCHICAinOHIO
    BXCHICAinOHIO Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Can't cut out my Bustelo coffee with organic sugar and organic half and half. The one thing I will not change is this.

NOW WE"RE TALKING!!!! =)
  • qtgonewild
    qtgonewild Posts: 1,930 Member
    Options
    Splenda and French Vanilla creamer. Log it. Drink and enjoy.
  • BXCHICAinOHIO
    BXCHICAinOHIO Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Over the years I have found this to be a very personal choice. After many alterations, I stick w 2 tbsp half & half & 2 tsp of SUGAR (YUP, the REAL stuff), and YES I measure this EVERY SINGLE morning! Like many folks I do buy whole beans, I grind them each morning and use a french press. This never messes up calories...what DOES fark w my calories is the yearning for a latte in the middle of the day...or when I am writing...or reading..or meeting someone for coffee (I make excuses to have meetings over cafe - lol). BUT I do it - I track it, I own and I move on. I will say that I ALWAYS use real sugar and will use 2% OR whole milk, but never skim. (skim has loads of sugar - go figure!) When you keep tracking those high calorie coffees and realize there is only a small amount of room for FOOD calories, you will adjust. You're here to loose weight...you gotta find the rhythm that works for you...and trust me, if you keep making adjustments, eventually you will.

LOVE seeing so many PASSIONATE cafe lovers. Enjoy!
  • susiesweets
    Options
    Black and Bitter and lots of it!
  • 20Grit
    20Grit Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    I like mine black.
  • ladymiseryali
    ladymiseryali Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    I use a calorie and carb free liquid sweetener, sugar free creamer and heavy cream. I also put butter and coconut oil in my coffee. It tastes AWESOME!
  • MoosyGoosy
    Options
    I just have black coffee but you probably wouldn't go for that :P
    Sweeteners? I know they get a bad rap but they aren't as bad as people make them out to be. I use Stevia in my porridge :)
  • nella2014
    nella2014 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I love my Keurig. i will not give it up for anything...but i use one splenda packet and the coffee mate fat free creamer, only 10 calories per serving, and tastes like half n' half to me.
  • susiesweets
    Options
    As for the person who says to look at the difference between baker's chocolate and milk chocolate: I love baker's chocolate and yes, I love to eat it just like that. Milk chocolate is gross and overly sweet. /blaspheme

I think I love you (purely platonically of course not creepy stalkerish) .... yup this! Dark chocolate is the height of Awesomely Wonderful
  • Ossodog
    Ossodog Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I lived in Seattle for a while and ALWAYS put a ton of sugar and cream in my coffee. Until the day i went to a small mom and pop coffee place, asked for the cream and sugar and they said no. They said I had not even tried it yet and told me that the beans were very good quality. He taught me how to "taste" the coffee. It really shocked me It was really good without anything. Since that day I have never added sugar to my coffee nor milk. Spend a bit more money, buy fresh beans from local shops, grind it yourself or have them grind fresh for you. Start with a french press, if you like it get a decent coffee maker.
  • Lauriej0426
    Options
    I use flavored coffee k cups. I add a half and half mini moo, and stevia. 10 calories.
  • prettyface55
    prettyface55 Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    I use k cups.. One cup with one teaspoon of coffee mate. I don't like the taste of sweet coffee!! And I have about 3 cups a day.
  • prettyface55
    prettyface55 Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    I lived in Seattle for a while and ALWAYS put a ton of sugar and cream in my coffee. Until the day i went to a small mom and pop coffee place, asked for the cream and sugar and they said no. They said I had not even tried it yet and told me that the beans were very good quality. He taught me how to "taste" the coffee. It really shocked me It was really good without anything. Since that day I have never added sugar to my coffee nor milk. Spend a bit more money, buy fresh beans from local shops, grind it yourself or have them grind fresh for you. Start with a french press, if you like it get a decent coffee maker.

Omg that sounds amazing!!!