coffee lovers please help!

Options
1234568»

Replies

• EDollah
    EDollah Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    I lived in Seattle for a while and ALWAYS put a ton of sugar and cream in my coffee. Until the day i went to a small mom and pop coffee place, asked for the cream and sugar and they said no. They said I had not even tried it yet and told me that the beans were very good quality. He taught me how to "taste" the coffee. It really shocked me It was really good without anything. Since that day I have never added sugar to my coffee nor milk. Spend a bit more money, buy fresh beans from local shops, grind it yourself or have them grind fresh for you. Start with a french press, if you like it get a decent coffee maker.

There have been a few "buy good coffee and drink it black" suggestions and I want to ditto them. Quality, freshly roasted beans don't need their flavors masked by sweetener and milk. Personally, I do add a Splenda and a dash of half and half when having a more pedestrian cup from some place like Dunkins, Tim Horton's or Starbucks.
  • starrylioness
    starrylioness Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    Truvia is pretty good. I use that a lot.
  • dougt333
    dougt333 Posts: 697
    Options
    Splenda is a strt then slowly ween yourself off.
  • Adc7225
    Adc7225 Posts: 1,318 Member
    Options
    The changes that I make in my diet are for real life - I have my coffee the same as I always have and log the 74 calories everyday.
  • ThriceBlessed
    ThriceBlessed Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    As for the person who says to look at the difference between baker's chocolate and milk chocolate: I love baker's chocolate and yes, I love to eat it just like that. Milk chocolate is gross and overly sweet. /blaspheme

I think I love you (purely platonically of course not creepy stalkerish) .... yup this! Dark chocolate is the height of Awesomely Wonderful

Huge difference between bakers chocolate and dark chocolate, bakers chocolate has NO sugar. It is very bitter. I'm not talking about dark, or semi sweet, I'm talking about chocolate with NO sugar added. If you like that, more power to you, but most people find it unpleasant. They do sell lightly sweetened bakers chocolate, and semi sweet and dark, all of which are good, but not what I was referring to.

https://www.google.com/shopping/product/5865368277653827149?q=bakers+chocolate&espv=210&es_sm=122&bav=on.2,or.r_cp.r_qf.&bvm=bv.59026428,d.aWM,pv.xjs.s.en_US.xtTzElM-kBg.O&biw=1680&bih=934&tch=1&ech=1&psi=iALUUvDmEcrHqgGx9oDYAw.1389626071832.3&ei=6wLUUs_FJsSzrQGwi4CYCA&ved=0CLYBEKYrMAI
  • cmurphy252
    cmurphy252 Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Coffee is a non-negotiable for me. I use sugar (not sugar substitute) and sweetened coffee creamer and just make it fit within my calorie allowance/macro's. However, I have been able to reduce my creamer by 1 tsp while still enjoying the taste of my coffee.