Welcome to Fun and Games! Many of the discussions in this category are games based on responding to the most recent comment. Please take a moment to refresh the page and make sure you are replying to the most recent comment to keep the game going!

The official nightshift thread....

Options

Replies

• rai8759
    rai8759 Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Emotional eater here too. Every emotion.

For me, water never curbs the "trying to stay awake munchies"...but coffee will. Burns my belly and I'm distracted from the hunger. Terrible, but I kinda like the burn...

My daughter is 5 @rai8579.

Sometimes water works for me and sometimes it doesn't. I think it has more to do with whether my "hungry" is actually "thirsty". Does that happen to anyone else?

Honstly the coffee helps curb my hunger bc I put creamer in it. I know that stuff is terrible bc of transfats, but I didn't bring my halfnhalf tonight and I was desperate. I don't like coffee with milk in it.... I know I'm being a baby, but when you have a baby and work nights coffee is kind of important ;D

I love having girls!! I never thought I'd like all the frilly bows and dress stuff, but I do! I could just eat them up! I can't even think of my oldest being 5 and going to kindergarden. She would love it. I'll cry my eyes out.
  • Frankie_Felinius
    Frankie_Felinius Posts: 1,398 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    We do the same with our girl, language wise when speaking about food. She is a great eater though, loves veggies more than just about anything. Willing to try anything. She really has a great mindset towards food. I tried to raise her differntly than I was and it has worked so far. I think about food CoNSTANTLY and cannot have stuff that I really love in the house because it will get eaten. No self control. So we stress eating healthy not anything about losing weight.

Oh, how I miss 3 and under. Back when accidents were accidents and not done out of spite. My daughter is a daddy's girl and acts just like me (stubborn, no self control, sassy pants)...so we butt heads a bit. I'm looking forward to all day kindergarten next year. I'm an only child...really enjoy my alone time...and she is the most social butterfly there is. Yup, all day kindergarten is going to be nice for both of us.
  • belimawr
    belimawr Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    As far as the eating out of tiredness, yeah, I do it too. How do I combat it? I don't, but I make sure I have nothing 'destructive' easily accessible. If I'm sleep deprived (typically on my first day off I'm up 24-30 hours), I'll forage if I'm in the house. I'll try to keep busy, but that doesn't always work. So, I make sure everything available is stuff like fruits and veggies. So, as I don't have candy bars in the house, if I do need something to snack on, I grab a carrot or an apple. My locker at work is stocked with granola bars and cereal, so I don't hit the candy jar on the desk. If the weather's bad, trust me, I can forage all damned day, going to the cabinet every five minutes. This is where my love for cinnamon helps - I grab a cinnamon stick.

Also, I've had a fancy for Jell-O lately, that's reasonably harmless but the right flavor hits the sweet spot.
  • fatjon73
    fatjon73 Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Evening all.....I have work munchies tips......but it does involve calories........

I work in a chocolate factory, we make 12 different types of chocolates...., After dinner mints, easter eggs, walnut whips, choc biscuits and peanut butter cups....so temptation is all around as you can imagine.......if left to my own devices I can eat a *kitten* load of calories in a night without thinking about it.....3 sweets are 150 cals......I can eat 100 a night......its easy in a 9 or 12 hour shift......lol....

A solution I found a few yrs back were polo mints.....(I live in UK...not sure what the yanks have that's same)...I suck on a mint for as long as possible.....I play a game with the mint...see how long I can suck it for...not chew it.....so it lasts........Now personally I don't like mints with chocolate...so sucking the mint stops me wanting / eating the choc........a pack of polo mints is 120 cals or close to that......and a full packet easily does my shift.....if a bad one....but usually 2 shifts.........so this saves me from eating a *kitten* load of calories in the sweets.....

So my tip....find a pack of suck able sweets / mints.....check the cals.....under 200....and make a game to make the pack last your full shift........eat one or 2 a time.....to get you through the craving for food...........
  • sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,244 Member
    Options
    OK, I've eaten brownies, sausage, burgers and just about anything else I could get my hands on. Cocoa Puffs are half gone. I'm eating out of anger and it's not helping. Anyone have a Chocolate cake to spare?
  • bethanie0825
    bethanie0825 Posts: 1,475 Member
    Options
    I'm an emotional eater all day long. Food has been the solution for everything from simply needing a nap to my marriage is ending. I try to get it under control but it's hard. Caffeine is a God send.
  • bethanie0825
    Options
    mmmm....cake....
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    I'm thinking a midnight run to Super 1 groceries. They make good cake. :smile:
  • bethanie0825
    Options
    I already had a donut from the break room. I have no self control lmao
  • Frankie_Felinius
    Options
    Forage had me lol'ing @belimawr. I think that is exactly what sleep-deprived people do. It isn't "snacking" out of hunger but foraging for energy sources to keep us coherent. :D
  • Frankie_Felinius
    edited May 2015
    Options
    I tell ya what I have no self-control with and there is some in my fridge at home. Cotija cheese. We made elote on our day off but only use a bit so that leftover wheel o' cotija just calls to me. Break a salty hunk off, eat, repeat. Dammit...
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    If you are going to breed your dog, you should have the money set aside for the C-Section when things go wrong.
  • BodyByBex
    BodyByBex Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    If you are going to breed your dog, you should have the money set aside for the C-Section when things go wrong.

There are SO many that need homes already so why anyone would breed their dog is beyond me....

I know some people want pure bred animals but aren't mutts healthier anyway?
  • Frankie_Felinius
    Options
    Not our mutt! $$$$ :s
  • MadDogManor
    MadDogManor Posts: 1,454 Member
    Options
    I call it "prowling the pantry". I binge eat, with stress and any other emotion as my trigger - I have to get a handle on things. Sorry you're angry, suffer.

And most of my mutts have had medical costs in the thousands - chemo, anal sac removal, bladder stone removal, to name a few.
  • Frankie_Felinius
    Options
    Our cats have always been healthy. Frankie, who lived until nearly 20 was on BP meds towards the end, Sonny had stud chin once. That is about it. Dogs on the other hand...Tony was tumor-y. Nash, our current dog, is allergy ridden, gluten-free, bum hips. I know a girl that had purebred boxers, one had cancer the other diabetes. I think purebred/mutt...doesn't much matter with dogs especially...
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    Oh hey, guess who's working nights again? That's right, this girl! How's everybody's night going?
  • bethanie0825
    edited May 2015
    Options
    I have 2 German shepherds, both boys. They're both a couple/few months shy of 2 and I'm hoping they stay healthy. One of them is def getting fixed before the other lol.

And we are home #3 for both of them.
  • Frankie_Felinius
    Options
    I have a soft spot for German Shepherds. My first sentence was "Megan jump fence.", in reference to the babysitter's German Shepherd! She was wonderful.

We have a pitador. Pit/lab mix. Our shelters locally are nearly all pit or pit mixes...which was fine for us. My fiance doesn't like "pointy eared" dogs so he was not up for German Shepherds! What a weirdo...
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Oh hey, guess who's working nights again? That's right, this girl! How's everybody's night going?

S.L.O.W. It's the holiday, no one is coming in during the day, and barely anything to do. MFP and YouTube to help me stay awake. lol. Thankfully I am meeting some friends for a jog later in the morning after I get off work and I am looking forward to that. Oh and it's my Friday, can't complain too much. ( ^ _ ^ )