Welcome to Fun and Games! Many of the discussions in this category are games based on responding to the most recent comment. Please take a moment to refresh the page and make sure you are replying to the most recent comment to keep the game going!

The official nightshift thread....

Options

Replies

• BodyByBex
    BodyByBex Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    Tessa (our lab/chow mix) has been having a rough go of it lately. We've been having all kinds of thunderstorms this week and Sandi(who was euthanized recently, for those not caught up) was her thunder buddy. I'm her second choice and I'm almost NEVER at home when the 'Boom Booms' are. Poor thing. She's getting stressed out. Not to mention the flooding nightmare in San Marcos and anyone along the Blanco River.
  • Frankie_Felinius
    Frankie_Felinius Posts: 1,398 Member
    Options
    I don't know what I'd do w/o YouTube...
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    lacroyx wrote: »
    Oh hey, guess who's working nights again? That's right, this girl! How's everybody's night going?

S.L.O.W. It's the holiday, no one is coming in during the day, and barely anything to do. MFP and YouTube to help me stay awake. lol. Thankfully I am meeting some friends for a jog later in the morning after I get off work and I am looking forward to that. Oh and it's my Friday, can't complain too much. ( ^ _ ^ )

Haha yeah my night going pretty slow, too. Bout to fire up some Netflix!
  • bethanie0825
    bethanie0825 Posts: 1,475 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    My work weekend if drawing to a close, my relief should be here in about half an hour. All you'll see of me is @ss and elbows!!!
  • BodyByBex
    Options
    ugh...3 more hours, then sleep, then underwear/show shopping with mah bestie. Then more work. Then...well...another activity... but I will TOTALLY be burning calories while doing it! :blush:
  • MadDogManor
    MadDogManor Posts: 1,454 Member
    Options
    We've been busy tonight. Just enough to stay awake
  • BodyByBex
    edited May 2015
    Options
    LADIES! ATTENTION!

I need a good, relatively inexpensive, eyebrow pencil type thingy(I really don't do make up) that is easy to use for the poor soul(like me) who doesn't do well with the make up stuffs...

I have a date coming up ;)

ETA: You know what? Skip it. He asked me out while I wasn't wearing make up so why should I over do it? Some eye liner and lip gloss should be fine right?
  • LacednLace
    LacednLace Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    LADIES! ATTENTION!

I need a good, relatively inexpensive, eyebrow pencil type thingy(I really don't do make up) that is easy to use for the poor soul(like me) who doesn't do well with the make up stuffs...

I have a date coming up ;)

ETA: You know what? Skip it. He asked me out while I wasn't wearing make up so why should I over do it? Some eye liner and lip gloss should be fine right?

Honestly, I used a really light brown eye liner pencil and apply lightly or even use a medium dark brown eyeshadow and feather it on whenever I did that. But you do whats comfortable for you. No need to up it if you dont want to.

• LacednLace
    LacednLace Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    Checking in. Been working all weekend and between calls been looking into/applying for college. Ive been wanting to go back for a while. Long story short? I took college courses in high school and took a year of college at a local university. Life happened. I failed (barely) a class or two my last semester and so here I am. Almost going stir crazy sitting at my desk, hoping, and praying I can go back and finish everything even with my child and crazy schedule.

Side note: does anyone know what happens if you get a federal pell grant, do one semester at say a community college (to finish the associates) and then transfer for the next semester to work towards the bachelors?
  • Frankie_Felinius
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Less than two hours for my Thursday. Rainy day here. Tater tot doesn't have school due to the holiday...library probably closed so that is out. She has been wanting to go to the art museum but that requires paaaatttience that I don't have! Hmm. She also wants to tie dye a shirt for her dad for Father's Day. Hippies... Oh! And we need to hunt down a tortilla press for Father's Day. Those are my plans. She was at gran's yesterday so I took a looong bath, masks, bleached my teeth, all that girly *kitten* & what not then slept for 11 hours. :)
  • Frankie_Felinius
    Options

Agreed. If he didn't ask you out cakefaced, I'm sure he won't expect it. Wish I could do that! It is either nothing for me or full cakeface. My typical makeup look uses 20+ or so products! Teeeeny bit high maintenance, maybe...
  • sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,244 Member
    Options
    @LacednLace - The rules on Pell Grants always change. You would need to talk to financial aide. The problem is they sometimes change while you are using your grant. If you can get one that would be GREAT!!! Don't forget there are a lot of scholarships for people, and in particular women, that are going back to school. I think that's great that you want to go back! I went out and worked for several years after high school and then thanks to the encouragement of my wife, I went back to school. I graduated 6 years later with a Doctor of Veterinary Medicine and I've had a great career ever since. I'm doing what I enjoy and I'm helping people and pets in ways I could never had done. I make more money than I could have before. I'm not rich, but I make enough that when we started having kids with special needs (One autistic and one with Muscular Dystrophy) I make enough we could afford to get things to help them out. Wheel Chairs are EXPENSIVE!! I really hope you go through with going back to school. It was probably the second best decision I've made in my life. Marrying my current wife was probably the best decision I've ever made if your curious. :smile:
  • BodyByBex
    Options

Agreed. If he didn't ask you out cakefaced, I'm sure he won't expect it. Wish I could do that! It is either nothing for me or full cakeface. My typical makeup look uses 20+ or so products! Teeeeny bit high maintenance, maybe...

My last boyfriend called me 'high maintenance' because I asked for a back massage after a 16 hour bartending shift. :laugh: :laugh:

I also love that you call it 'cake face' Not quite sure why...maybe I just REALLY want cake...
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    @lilaclovebird - I talked to my Aunt last night. You guys are getting HAMMERED with weather. I hope you're staying dry.
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    @Frankie_Felinius - I agree. If liked the way you looked when you weren't wearing makeup, then don't go for the Tammy Fae Baker look alike thing. @lilaclovebird - You'll do fine. Look nice but don't overdo it with the make up. Also, I don't think a back rub is unreasonable. I love giving back rubs. :smile: If he didn't want to do that small thing, you needed to change boyfriends anyway. :wink:
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options

My last boyfriend called me 'high maintenance' because I asked for a back massage after a 16 hour bartending shift. :laugh: :laugh:

I also love that you call it 'cake face' Not quite sure why...maybe I just REALLY want cake...

Mmmm...cake!

Anyway, if you feel good, then you'll look good! I wouldn't really worry about it.

But, if you still wanna pick up some eyeliner, I use the Sephora brand waterproof pencil...I think the name of the color is Black Magic? Don't quote me on that. But it's a good brand! Runs me about $12.00 (Not sure what you consider expensive) and lasts me about 4 months, using it every day.

My routine is simple (Matte balm, eyeliner, mascara, blush, eyebrower pencil), but I almost never go out without makeup.

• BodyByBex
    Options
    @sufferlandrian I am staying dry. Most of where I live and where I work is up on hills but the main portion of Bastrop IS on the Colorado River and flooding IS a concern. We are scheduling our officers so they are available to keep an eye on the roads into our facilities.

Hopefully, this will pass soon.
  • BodyByBex
    Options

Mmmm...cake!

Anyway, if you feel good, then you'll look good! I wouldn't really worry about it.

But, if you still wanna pick up some eyeliner, I use the Sephora brand waterproof pencil...I think the name of the color is Black Magic? Don't quote me on that. But it's a good brand! Runs me about $12.00 (Not sure what you consider expensive) and lasts me about 4 months, using it every day.

My routine is simple (Matte balm, eyeliner, mascara, blush, eyebrower pencil), but I almost never go out without makeup.

Thanks for the pro-tip. $12 isn't that bad. I've seen some pencils and gels go for $30-$40! If you have the funds for that kind of stuff than by all means, but I don't.

Make-up ranks pretty low on my list of things that must be purchased!

What DOES need to be purchased? A new dress, because my others are too big!

• sufferlandrian
    Options
    @lilaclovebird - I heard you have another front coming through today. Hopefully it doesn't dump as much rain and most important, no tornadoes. I heard you had a couple yesterday that just didn't touch down.
  • BodyByBex
    Options
    @lilaclovebird - I heard you have another front coming through today. Hopefully it doesn't dump as much rain and most important, no tornadoes. I heard you had a couple yesterday that just didn't touch down.

Yup. Scary. With all this rain my father is considering just making the lake in the front yard permanent. :lol: