Welcome to Fun and Games! Many of the discussions in this category are games based on responding to the most recent comment. Please take a moment to refresh the page and make sure you are replying to the most recent comment to keep the game going!

The official nightshift thread....

Options

Replies

• RodHudson1229
    RodHudson1229 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    That's funny!!!
  • BodyByBex
    BodyByBex Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options

ETA: TL;DR The date was scheduled for Tuesday morning. It ended Wednesday morning thanks to being stranded at his place by flood waters. Missed work and cried about it, but he still likes me and totally called wanting to see me again.

That is a really cute story! Sorry you had so much stress though.

Thanks. I stress pretty easily. I had an old boyfriend who worked in stables tell me that if I were a breed of horse, I would be an Arabian because I am "beautiful and intuitive, but very high strung."

@Frankie_Felinius If it does work out it should be a great story. But for now, one day at a time. :smile:
  • BodyByBex
    Options
    lacroyx wrote: »
    At work I use a pencil mostly. About 2 hrs into my shift and I misplace my pencil. I check under my seat and desk area, nothing. Oh well, no big deal. I grab another pencil and continue working. Time passes on and then suddenly I can't find my 2nd pencil. Now I thoroughly check my desk area, nothing. I get down on to the floor on my hands and knees and crawl around to see if the pencil rolled down under something and it's hidden from view but alas, I came up fruitless in my search. I am really puzzled as to where my pencils are disappearing to. I am alone since my coworker called in sick and there is no one but I in this 3 story building. I grab a 3rd pencil and push on. A bit more time passes and I take a quick bathroom break. After I am done I head over to wash my hands and notice in the mirror my 2 missing pencils from earlier wedged behind each ear. I've concluded I need more coffee. ( > _ < )

So much more coffee.

Oh I can not WAIT to go home and pass out!
  • teresa_garcia29
    teresa_garcia29 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    This night shift is almost over.....and its my Friday....Woo hoo!!
  • sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,244 Member
    Options
    At work I use a pencil mostly. About 2 hrs into my shift and I misplace my pencil. I check under my seat and desk area, nothing. Oh well, no big deal. I grab another pencil and continue working. Time passes on and then suddenly I can't find my 2nd pencil. Now I thoroughly check my desk area, nothing. I get down on to the floor on my hands and knees and crawl around to see if the pencil rolled down under something and it's hidden from view but alas, I came up fruitless in my search. I am really puzzled as to where my pencils are disappearing to. I am alone since my coworker called in sick and there is no one but I in this 3 story building. I grab a 3rd pencil and push on. A bit more time passes and I take a quick bathroom break. After I am done I head over to wash my hands and notice in the mirror my 2 missing pencils from earlier wedged behind each ear. I've concluded I need more coffee. ( > _ < )

That's funny! :smile: I've had nights like that. :smile:
  • belimawr
    belimawr Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    After I am done I head over to wash my hands and notice in the mirror my 2 missing pencils from earlier wedged behind each ear. I've concluded I need more coffee. ( > _ < )

LOL, I go through this at least once a week, to find a bunch of pencils in my pockets.
  • belimawr
    edited May 2015
    Options
    So after eating, we head back to his place in the plains of Smithville to watch our favorite episodes!

Ok, I love Firefly too, but I have to note you said favorite "episodes"... how much choice do you have out of a total of 14? :)
  • MadDogManor
    MadDogManor Posts: 1,454 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the giggle, lacroyx!!
  • BodyByBex
    Options
    belimawr wrote: »
    So after eating, we head back to his place in the plains of Smithville to watch our favorite episodes!

Ok, I love Firefly too, but I have to note you said favorite "episodes"... how much choice do you have out of a total of 14? :)

My favorite is 'Out of Gas' and his was 'War Stories'. :smiley:
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    I used to do that all the time when I waited tables, except I'd stick them in my hair, which I usually kept in a bun. I'd be looking everywhere for a pen, and have 2 or 3 stuck in my hair!

• BodyByBex
    Options
    Another night, another dollar! Feels like tonight is just DRAGGING on for me...ugh...
  • Frankie_Felinius
    Frankie_Felinius Posts: 1,398 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options

Yup. I've left work with multiple pens in my hair many times! We have so many pens at home from years of accumulation! My fiance & I have worked at the same hotel for a long time now so we probably have hundreds around the house. No joke.
  • BodyByBex
    Options
    Okay. 20 more minutes and then I am OUT of here to go grocery shopping with my dad. I am getting real tired of being the only one in the house with a driver's license. Hopefully, we can get just in and out REALLY quickly so that I can put everything away where it is supposed to go(I don't get much help there with my mom away in Dallas). Then I can go to sleep! YAY SLEEP! :sleeping:
  • jennifer_417
    Options
    30ish more mins here. I'm tired this morning, stayed up too late yesterday!
  • belimawr
    Options

Ok I'll give you "Out of Gas," it adds a bit if back story. My favorites are the ones with Kaylee. J/K.

As much as it pains me to say my favorite is "The Train Job." Good action and has two of my favorite lines.
  • BodyByBex
    Options
    belimawr wrote: »

Ok I'll give you "Out of Gas," it adds a bit if back story. My favorites are the ones with Kaylee. J/K.

As much as it pains me to say my favorite is "The Train Job." Good action and has two of my favorite lines.

Now pick a least favorite! Mine is "Objects in Space." It just felt too slow for me.
  • jennifer_417
    Options
    I seem to remember that this thread is usually deserted on Sunday nights. I'm here, checking in!
  • RedRockChic
    RedRockChic Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Sunday is my Monday :) I'm here.. anything exciting going on?
  • BodyByBex
    Options
    Sunday is my Monday :) I'm here.. anything exciting going on?

Nothing exciting going on. BUT I have a second date after work! :smiley::blush::wink:

I'm excited but trying to keep a level head at the same time.
  • sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,244 Member
    Options
    It's been a sucky night for me. Lost a patient that should have been a simple case. I think he threw a blood clot and quit breathing. Still conscious and still trying to bite and the endotrachea tube we placed. He continued to deteriorate through the night and we just lost him.