Welcome to Fun and Games! Many of the discussions in this category are games based on responding to the most recent comment. Please take a moment to refresh the page and make sure you are replying to the most recent comment to keep the game going!

The official nightshift thread....

Options

Replies

• BodyByBex
    BodyByBex Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    Twice I married a person I started dating from work. I wish you the absolute best of luck, wishes, blessings and emotional stability.

I can assure you, there will never be another husband from the company cache. Ever.

I don't see myself getting married again.

My mother says 'Never say never!' So, now I say "I don't see myself getting married again." Because I don't. I don't like that stupid piece of paper. It makes many lives easier, but also makes many lives more complicated and I am not a huge fan. But whatever happens happens. My Aunt Sheri said no to marriage for 35 years before making an honest man out of my Uncle Sonny, so we'll see.

Right now, I am calling what we have a 'companionship'. We like each other's company well enough and the extracurricular activities are nice :naughty: , but one day at a time.

We'll see where it goes and if we develop the big feels then awesome. If not, also awesome. We are just two colleagues who happen to like seeing each other and taking each other's clothes off in our off time.

Trying to keep a level head about this. He has flaws. I can name a couple already, but wait and see is the main thing right now. I'm not going to force anything one way or the other. I am excited but I am not writing in a journal planning our whole lives together.

My only struggle is he is my supervisor and now that he has seen what I am capable of outside of work, he wants me to do a bit more while at work. Something about me being exceptional and how I should try for promotions or some such nonsense. :smiley:
  • BodyByBex
    Options
    While I started dating my fiance in high school, we have worked together many times over the years...even in our very tumultuous early 20's. We always managed to keep it cool at work even when things at home were not cool. This last stint has been 7 or so years...so I agree. Dating a coworker can work!

This is the biggest worry. I am great at it because I waited tables and bartended and even when serving my husband, when I was married, and we were fighting, no one could tell. I was just as friendly with him as anyone else.

I could be totally PISSED OFF at a table and you wouldn't be able to tell. One of the good things to having worked in customer service for so long I guess. :smiley:
  • Frankie_Felinius
    Frankie_Felinius Posts: 1,398 Member
    Options
    I didn't go for a bike ride yesterday. I ended up scouring the cities for that electric green hair color! Finally found one tub of it. Sooo...expect a new profile pic with badass hair soon! I think we'll add a dollop of dark green so it isn't too yellow-y neon green. So excited! Our tater tot is going to gramma's overnight so I may go fishing with my guy later or ride my bike...maybe to the brewery. I've fell off the daily yoga and better eating bandwagon. Better hop back on before I can't fit into those newly re-discovered dresses I found in the bottom of my closet that suprisingly fit the other day. When I do daily yoga and eat better, I feel better. So why do I choose to be stiff and tight and achy and have a burning tum by eating crap and being sedentary???
  • BodyByBex
    Options
    I didn't go for a bike ride yesterday. I ended up scouring the cities for that electric green hair color! Finally found one tub of it. Sooo...expect a new profile pic with badass hair soon! I think we'll add a dollop of dark green so it isn't too yellow-y neon green. So excited! Our tater tot is going to gramma's overnight so I may go fishing with my guy later or ride my bike...maybe to the brewery. I've fell off the daily yoga and better eating bandwagon. Better hop back on before I can't fit into those newly re-discovered dresses I found in the bottom of my closet that suprisingly fit the other day. When I do daily yoga and eat better, I feel better. So why do I choose to be stiff and tight and achy and have a burning tum by eating crap and being sedentary???

@Frankie_Felinius YAY! I wish I could dye my hair random colors.
  • bethanie0825
    bethanie0825 Posts: 1,475 Member
    Options
    Me too but that's a no no for work. I'd love to have the confidence to rock the shave the sides of my head look. I have enough hair to do it lol
  • RedRockChic
    RedRockChic Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Don't get me wrong Lila, I don't think there is anything wrong with it, dating from the company cache. I have been on both sides of the role, supervisor and not. I will admit, I held my "companion" to a higher standard than I held my other employees. Yeah, not fair I know, but such as life.

There was no ill feelings, no disgruntled breakups... I like to conduct myself as a reasonable adult. I just won't do thru the rigors of it again.

Marriage on the other hand, I am still hopeful about that. Third times the charm I'm told. My partner and I see it as something that we will eventually do, but there is not big rush. We've been co-habitating for several years, but just haven't needed to put it on paper.

I think it's great that you are having fun, and I hope he doesn't hold you to a "higher standard" more than you want him to. :) Best of luck and truly happy wishes for it :)
  • sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,244 Member
    Options
    Just got out of surgery with a dog that was in a car accident. The father brought the dog in. The daughter who is the owner is in critical condition in the hospital and the boyfriend is dead. Now the dog is bleeding in the abdomen. I had to go in and take the spleen out as the vessels going to the spleen had ruptured. The dog crashed twice on the surgery table but we got him back. No pressure there. I'm exhausted.
  • RedRockChic
    Options
    I love when they call me and ask me what we use for rectal contrast. That is always a good way to start a conversation.

Grrr.
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    @RedRockChic - LOL. That would only lead to the question of "What do you think we used? Concrete?"
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    So this guy just came in. His dog is 12 yrs old. Has pale gums and is not eating. The tech says we will probably need to take x-rays. He asks how much and then goes on a rant about how it's ridiculous how much we charge for x-rays. I come out and feel the abdomen and there is a very large mass in the abdomen. I tell the guy, "Don't worry about x-rays. There is a mass in the abdomen. You're dog has cancer." He looks at me and says, "Are you sure?" All I could respond with was, "We could confirm it with x-rays if you want." :smile: It's definitely a full moon.
  • MadDogManor
    MadDogManor Posts: 1,455 Member
    Options
    Oh my
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    Here's to hoping tonight is less eventful.
  • ccourcha
    ccourcha Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    This date went AWESOME! AMAZING! I don't think I can ever go back to dating *kitten*. This man is quick to respond to phone calls and texts, he is considerate of my time and he makes me feel desired and wanted!

I have to keep a level head about this....BUT I'VE FOUND A *UNICORN!

*Unicorn: A nice guy who is ACTUALLY nice and isn't using 'nice guy moves' just to get into your panties.

Doesn't exist, thus the term unicorn...
  • belimawr
    belimawr Posts: 1,155 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    First time back at work in a week and a half... looking forward going back to the hell hole. No sleep today after getting to sleep like a normal person for so long. Going to try and do it without coffee, too. Should be interesting.

I always had my own policy of not dating within the company. I broke that once a few years back, and didn't turn out well. Makes things not so great if you work in the same room or floor, even building.
    A nice guy who is ACTUALLY nice and isn't using 'nice guy moves' just to get into your panties.

I never tried those moves. Besides, doubt they'd have fit my fat *kitten* anyway.
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    If you date your supervisor, don't get upset when they hold you to a higher standard. They will do that to avoid the appearance of favoritism. They won't mean to. They'll say they are being fair. However, you can't help it. You either play favorites or you are a bit more strict to make sure no thinks you are playing favorites.
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    Another night, another Hit By Car. It was a really nice dog too. Spine was broken though. When it started having seizures, the owners pulled the plug. I don't blame them.
  • RedRockChic
    Options
    Sufferlandrian, that's got to be so emotionally exhausting. Here I was all whiny about having to stick my finger in someone's bum and needing to give rectal contrast.. and then I read a couple of your posts over the last two nights.

Ack. Pft. I need some prettier big girl panties if I am going to have to actually wear them.
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    The rest of the night has been filled with vomiting and diarrhea dogs. Either they are vomiting or we are going to make them vomit. We had an owner call. She gave her dog 200mg of Ibuprofen and then decided to call and see if that was OK. It was pretty recent so we can probably get it to come up with Apomorphine.
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    @RedRockChic - I do not envy you giving rectal contrast. I'm glad people like you can do it, but I would be too tempted to yell at a few of them about why they couldn't take better care of themselves.
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    We've gone quiet. Time for Clint Eastwood. "For a Few Dollars More". :smile: