Welcome to Fun and Games! Many of the discussions in this category are games based on responding to the most recent comment. Please take a moment to refresh the page and make sure you are replying to the most recent comment to keep the game going!

The official nightshift thread....

Options

Replies

• jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    5 hours in to a 15-hr shift. Tired tonight. How's everybody doing?
  • sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,244 Member
    Options
    3 hours into a 62 hours shift but wide awake and puzzled over the cat that just came in. The referring vet has been working on the cat for over a month now and finally referred it. Now I get to figure it out.
  • jennifer_417
    Options
    Ok, you win for sure on the shift length. But what's wrong with the cat?
  • bethanie0825
    bethanie0825 Posts: 1,475 Member
    Options
    Almost halfway thru my first 12hr shift of 3. Going pretty good.
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    I think it may have pancreatic cancer. I'm going to hydrate it and sedate it and ultrasound her to see if maybe she has a string stuck in the intestines that is cutting into the intestines around the pancreas. That would still be risky but better than pancreatic cancer.
  • BodyByBex
    BodyByBex Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    Whew. Two nights off and back in the game. Poor 'Sergeant Sexy Pants'-yes that is what I call him- has to go to Houston next week for an awards ceremony. Something about a shooting competition he won for like the 8th year in a row and then there is his promotion that they are FINALLY celebrating.

I have to make double the calls for service tonight since my coworker Officer Gerwick kept me trapped in the office all day Tuesday and made all the calls for rounds. -_-'

Good thing I already saw Sergeant Sexy Pants this morning or I might be tempted to just sit in the office talking to him all night. :blush:
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    Another weekend, another pot dog. This one is having seizures so we had to knock it out. Better living through pharmacology.
  • Fasttrack2freedom
    Fasttrack2freedom Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Nightshift on weekends.. Bouncing. Help me stay awake
  • jennifer_417
    Options
    Nightshift on weekends.. Bouncing. Help me stay awake

*pokes you in the ribcage*

• jennifer_417
    edited June 2015
    Options
    So, did the owners give it pot, which gave it seizures, or did you have to give it something to stop the siezures?
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    If they got stoned like us it might be amusing but they get overstimulated and have seizures. Seizures aren't much fun to watch.
  • jennifer_417
    Options
    Ah...yeah, I guess I didn't know that. Yeah, that's kinda awful.
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    Most people don't. They don't think anything about it if the dog gets hold of THC lozenges or something like it. Fortunately, these people were honest about it so it was pretty simple to help the poor dog. He'll be good as gold in the morning. :smile:
  • jennifer_417
    Options
    Phew! I'm sure they were really relieved!
  • fatjon73
    fatjon73 Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Morning all....been off for a bit....had a *kitten* few weeks.....for those who can remember my Dog unfortunately passed 3 weeks ago....he had a massive heart seizure and his right side of heart stopped working......it all happened within the space of 1 month.....his decline in health.....but he did not suffer and the end was quick.......it broke my heart and hit me much harder than I thought........BUT........we had always spoke about getting another Bulldog once anything did happen.....so we have looked for a new pup....well we have found 2........so we have our work cut out for the next few years...........Meet Stan & Ollie....my new babies.......

4odna4yxavh8.jpg

9ul8e4i61exk.jpg

..............zz92i6obmpuw.jpg

• sufferlandrian
    Options
    Now you'll never get out and ride. Too much cuteness pulling you back into the house. :smile:
  • Frankie_Felinius
    Frankie_Felinius Posts: 1,398 Member
    Options
    Adorable. Audible breathing sends me through the roof so those babies would try my patience but they are so stinkin' cute!
  • jennifer_417
    Options
    Omgosh I love Bulldogs! So. Much. Cuteness. *sigh*
  • Frankie_Felinius
    Frankie_Felinius Posts: 1,398 Member
    Options
    Used the pool this (our) weekend! Today I burnt the crap outta my legs though. I sunblocked my face, chest and tattoos twice but neglected to do my legs at all. Thought we lost our dog yesterday. We have a fenced in yard and couldn't find him in the house or yard. Walking around the neighborhood yelling for him. Walk past the garage window and I see his tail wagging. Idiot. Why didn't he bark to let us know?? He also got locked outside one night when it was really cold. Never barked. Now if a stranger, man or animal, is on our street...he'll bark...but not if we yell for him...
  • bethanie0825
    bethanie0825 Posts: 1,475 Member
    Options
    Adorable!! I love their lil bellies!!

@Frankie_Felinius love the hair color!!