Welcome to Fun and Games! Many of the discussions in this category are games based on responding to the most recent comment. Please take a moment to refresh the page and make sure you are replying to the most recent comment to keep the game going!

The official nightshift thread....

Options

Replies

• BodyByBex
    BodyByBex Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    @fatjon73 TOTALLY CUTE!

@Frankie_Felinius I'm loving the new hair!

Got a lot of calls in already. I will probably do a bunch of area checks right about 4:30-5:15 to catch dispatch before shift change and then I'm going fishing with my dad! :smiley::relaxed:
  • Frankie_Felinius
    Frankie_Felinius Posts: 1,398 Member
    Options
    Thanks, ladies! It is intense! Even for me! Styled retro it is so pretty but in a messy bun (how I wear it when I'm not dolled up.)...ick. Can't see this lasting long...but I'll enjoy it while it lasts!
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    I. Just. Don't. Wanna. Anyone wanna take over for me here? I'll give you a donut.
  • sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,244 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    @Frankie_Felinius - Nice hair. Sorry about the sun burns.

@jennifer_417 - I'll pass. I've got my own fish to fry. :smile:
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    I. Just. Don't. Wanna. Anyone wanna take over for me here? I'll give you a donut.

I'll pass. The building I work in is small 3 story with about 300 personnel. Usually when they do potlucks there is some food left over for the night people to graze on and when it comes to doughnuts, there are never any leftovers. Yesterday was June 5th which apparently is National Doughnut day. Dayshift peeps brought in tons of doughnuts. I came into work and 4078585.jpg
    Granted, they weren't fresh. Slightly stale but to me that's perfect for soaking with coffee.
  • jennifer_417
    Options
    I had to shoo a bunch of drunk guests to the back of the parking lot because they were listening to loud music and making a lot of noise right outside an entrance. One of them was like, "Hey, I like you..." and starts stumbling towards me like he was gonna hug me....I sidestepped rather handily lol! At least they weren't mean, and they reaidly enough tottered off to a back corner of the parking lot.
  • Frankie_Felinius
    Options
    I had to shoo a bunch of drunk guests to the back of the parking lot because they were listening to loud music and making a lot of noise right outside an entrance. One of them was like, "Hey, I like you..." and starts stumbling towards me like he was gonna hug me....I sidestepped rather handily lol! At least they weren't mean, and they reaidly enough tottered off to a back corner of the parking lot.

I am NOT a people person and a few months ago some drunk dude spent my entire shift chit-chatting with me. He kept shaking my hand (which I hate doing), called me out on my lack of eye contact...just kept messing with me. By the end of the shift he felt that he had made a connection with me and tried hugging me. He was a big ol' dude, 6ft+, 250...I just ducked under his outstretched arms. No fanks, sir...

• Frankie_Felinius
    Options
    @Frankie_Felinius - Nice hair. Sorry about the sun burns.

Thanks!

It was my own stupid fault. More worried about wrinkles and tattoo longevity...I guess skin cancer was on the back burner...

• jennifer_417
    Options

I am NOT a people person and a few months ago some drunk dude spent my entire shift chit-chatting with me. He kept shaking my hand (which I hate doing), called me out on my lack of eye contact...just kept messing with me. By the end of the shift he felt that he had made a connection with me and tried hugging me. He was a big ol' dude, 6ft+, 250...I just ducked under his outstretched arms. No fanks, sir...

Ugh. Doesn't it occur to people that we might actually have work to do? I had some rando messaging me on here earlier, and even though I told him I was at work, if I didn't reply within 5-10 mins, he'd message me again, wondering why I didn't answer. He was looking for little "fun" chat (if you catch my drift) and I turned him down...
  • Frankie_Felinius
    Options
    Blech. I actually barely have work to do...buuuut...YouTube... :D
  • jennifer_417
    Options
    Annnnddddd I just had to kick a homeless guy out of my lobby. He wasn't rude or anything, but he tried to talk me out of it for a long time....
    Can I PLEASE go home now?
  • Frankie_Felinius
    Options
    I'm glad I'm in the middle of a cornfield...I used to work in a downtown hotel...that was near a homeless/mental health facility. We always had to keep 'em moving.

• jennifer_417
    Options
    Oi. I bet that got messy occasionally.
  • belimawr
    belimawr Posts: 1,155 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Looks like I had a relatively quiet night compared to everyone else... which I will take for sure. Only worked 3 days this week and worn out. Stayed away from the caffeine, may have something to do with it.

Ah, homeless people... reminds me of when I was a conductor and had to actually be around them on the train... don't miss the smell for sure.
  • Frankie_Felinius
    Options
    So I'll be tie-dyeing underwear later today...boxers, actually. My daughter and I tie-dyed some tank tops for her a few weeks ago and her dad said he wanted some tie-dye stuff. He used to be so anti-hippie and is turning into one as he gets older...so we are going to tie-dye some white boxers and a white tee for him for Father's Day! I have a white dress that has some stains I can't get out so I think I'll dye that too...or maybe even tie-dye it. My daughter's tanks came out awesome, so clearly we have hippie skills.
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    I'm so glad I don't work in hospitality. People can be so gross. :smile: At least my patients make you smile when they wag their tail. :wink:
  • jennifer_417
    Options
    I have compassion for the homeless, I really do....but you can't just go around asking random women if you can go home with them.
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    I hate when the infusion pump alarms keep going off.
  • bethanie0825
    bethanie0825 Posts: 1,476 Member
    Options
    I just spoke to a woman complaining about the loud speaker from a baseball stadium. I hate when people want to kill the messenger, a far too common issue when answering 911 calls.
  • jennifer_417
    Options
    I just spoke to a woman complaining about the loud speaker from a baseball stadium. I hate when people want to kill the messenger, a far too common issue when answering 911 calls.

What did she think you were going to be able to do? Doesn't she realize that's a hazard of living near a ball park? Like duh?