Welcome to Fun and Games! Many of the discussions in this category are games based on responding to the most recent comment. Please take a moment to refresh the page and make sure you are replying to the most recent comment to keep the game going!

The official nightshift thread....

Replies

• lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Happy Left-handers day!!!
    http://www.lefthandersday.com/
    Any others besides me?
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    lacroyx wrote: »
    Happy Left-handers day!!!
    http://www.lefthandersday.com/
    Any others besides me?
    Not me! My mom is, though.
    I feel strange too. I'm blaming the starch in my underwear.

Ok, I'll ask...? Why do you have starch in your underwear?

• sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,244 Member
    I don't, but one of the guys in the military would send his clothes to the cleaners and one time they starched his underware in to perfect 6" squares. It was hilarious and I've always remembered that. :smile:
  • jennifer_417
    Too funny!
  • sufferlandrian
    What a night! I'm really looking forward to getting acquainted with my bed again.
  • jennifer_417
    What a night! I'm really looking forward to getting acquainted with my bed again.
    I know this feeling well!

• jennifer_417
    Classes start Monday. I get off work at 7:45, class starts at 9:05. Weeee!
  • jennifer_417
    Oi. Just had a guy wander in, saying he had a room at the hotel next door, and the guy wouldn't let him in. OK...? I told him I couldn't really help him, maybe he could call the police? He asked me if I could call them, and I told him I couldn't and directed him to the nearest gas station. He was obviously drunk and looked pretty banged up. It's no wonder they wouldn't let him in.
  • BodyByBex
    BodyByBex Posts: 3,685 Member
    Yay! I'm at work!

Two days of laying in bed feeling nauseous and miserable and now I feel right as rain! Guess it took a while for my body to get used to the medication. I only have 3 more days of it and then 5 more until I can have alcohol again.

I'm not going to say it was worth it until I receive the verdict from Sgt. Sexy Pants in several days. UGH! I can't wait to get home and workout! :smiley:
  • jennifer_417
    Glad you're feeling better! *throws confetti*
  • BodyByBex
    Glad you're feeling better! *throws confetti*

Thank you @jennifer_417! This may be TMI but now I smell like a flower...as compared to before this medicine. I think that is pretty awesome and I hope SSP thinks so too! :wink: :grin:
  • jennifer_417
    The drunk has since been back twice more. I finally had to tell him he just can't come in.
  • BodyByBex
    Ugh.....SSP is going to come over later to do my evaluation....DO NOT WANT!

:cry:
  • jennifer_417
    I would not want to receive a work eval from an SO. So awkward. But, hey, at least you smell nice!
  • BodyByBex
    I would not want to receive a work eval from an SO. So awkward. But, hey, at least you smell nice!

We're pretty good at the 'work' versus 'play' juggling thing now. It's still weird. I'm not excited...I don't like paperwork...
  • sufferlandrian
    The drunk has since been back twice more. I finally had to tell him he just can't come in.

Really? Is he just looking for some place to crash or is he really lost. You would think he would sober up as time went on.
  • jennifer_417
    He thinks he has a room next door, but the guy at the desk wouldn't let him in. The 2nd time, he simply came in and announced his room number (a number we don't even have), so I told him he didn't have a room here, and he left. The 3rd time he came to the door with a shopping bag full of something and I simply didn't let him in. I hope he found some place to land eventually, he looked pretty out of it.
  • Frankie_Felinius
    Frankie_Felinius Posts: 1,398 Member
    Done with Mamrie's book. So effin good.

Put on some new claws over my weekend. Haven't had nails like this for probably a year...I'm already over them. Typing is hard as hell! Makeup application takes 2x as long. Scratching your eye while riding the bike...hella dangerous!

Did I ever tell you guys about the real-life stereotypical pimp that stays here? Heeee's baaaack!

Funny story: We're putting the kiddo to bed and we always read her a book, tell her a story and sing her a song. As her dad started telling the story, I cuddled with him, spooning style. Our FIVE year old says under her breath "You guys are over there havin' sex." Wtf. We ask where she heard that and she said "The Big Bang Theory". So we asked what that meant. She said kissing and laying down together. So we said kinda and told her how it was a grown up thing and private between adults...etc, blah blah blah. Suuuper not fun.
  • sufferlandrian
    He thinks he has a room next door, but the guy at the desk wouldn't let him in. The 2nd time, he simply came in and announced his room number (a number we don't even have), so I told him he didn't have a room here, and he left. The 3rd time he came to the door with a shopping bag full of something and I simply didn't let him in. I hope he found some place to land eventually, he looked pretty out of it.

Did he finally go away?
  • jennifer_417

Did he finally go away?

Yeah, he hasn't been back.