Welcome to Fun and Games! Many of the discussions in this category are games based on responding to the most recent comment. Please take a moment to refresh the page and make sure you are replying to the most recent comment to keep the game going!

The official nightshift thread....

Options

Replies

• BodyByBex
    BodyByBex Posts: 3,685 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    @Frankie_Felinius and @jennifer_417, it gets better!

Apparently, he's claimed he got a bacterial infection from me.

Most of the day shift knows I have been taking an antibiotic for a bacterial infection but no one knows exactly what for. I only told them because the medication makes me nauseous, sometimes dizzy, etc and everyone was informed that the infection is NOT contagious. No one knows what the antibiotic is for except for the one other night shift person and of course SSP.

So, someone gets to tell "Mr. I-got-sick-from-PSO-968" that he somehow got Bacterial Vaginosis! :lol:

Bacterial Vaginosis:
    An inflammation of the vagina due to bacterial overgrowth.

HAHAHAHAHA! :lol:

ETA: The on staff nurse, Kim, also knows, but she saw me for my dizziness at work and answered my questions/concerns regarding side effects.
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    That's hilarious!
  • Frankie_Felinius
    Frankie_Felinius Posts: 1,398 Member
    Options
    I would LOVE to be the one to tell him if I were you. I would love to see him squirm while I told him what had been afflicting me!
  • BodyByBex
    Options
    So the commissioned officer who just came in informed me that he had been talking about calling in sick today anyway. He had a job interview on Friday so maybe he got that job and just doesn't give a *kitten* anymore.

I know I have far too much, loyalty I guess. Or maybe I just like employers that I leave to respect me more? But I maintain the same level of dedication at a job regardless of whether I'm leaving for a new one or not until my very last day at that job.
  • BodyByBex
    Options
    @Frankie_Felinius I am most DEFINITELY going to tell him while the Lieutenant is in the office right across the hall. Should be a VERY awkward conversation for him because our Lt. LOVES to crack the jokes. :lol:
  • sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,244 Member
    Options
    @Frankie_Felinius and @jennifer_417, it gets better!

Apparently, he's claimed he got a bacterial infection from me.

Most of the day shift knows I have been taking an antibiotic for a bacterial infection but no one knows exactly what for. I only told them because the medication makes me nauseous, sometimes dizzy, etc and everyone was informed that the infection is NOT contagious. No one knows what the antibiotic is for except for the one other night shift person and of course SSP.

So, someone gets to tell "Mr. I-got-sick-from-PSO-968" that he somehow got Bacterial Vaginosis! :lol:

Bacterial Vaginosis:
    An inflammation of the vagina due to bacterial overgrowth.

HAHAHAHAHA! :lol:

ETA: The on staff nurse, Kim, also knows, but she saw me for my dizziness at work and answered my questions/concerns regarding side effects.

If I was the employer he is going to, I would be suspicious if my candidate didn't give at least two weeks notice. I'd be even more suspicious if he suddenly had oodles of time on his hands.
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    @lilaclovebird - Just got on the exercise bike and punched in the map to ride from Highway 21 and FM 812 to Red Rock and then over to Lockhart. That place has grown a lot since I was there.
  • BodyByBex
    edited August 2015
    Options
    @lilaclovebird - Just got on the exercise bike and punched in the map to ride from Highway 21 and FM 812 to Red Rock and then over to Lockhart. That place has grown a lot since I was there.

I haven't even been out there yet! There are so many places I live close to that I've never been to.

I can honestly say, even living so close, I've only had one ACTUAL meal IN the city of Austin and it was Chipotle. Everything else has been drinks and appetizers.

Places I remember having been to: El Paso, Dallas, Austin, Anna, Denton, Fort Worth, San Marcos, Bastrop(I live here), Smithville, Giddings, Round Rock, Taylor, Hutto, Lubbock, Odessa, Midland, Big Spring(VA Hospital), Waco(Dr. Pepper museum!), San Angelo, and San Antonio.

I WANT to go to Shiner, Bridgeport, Corpus Christi, Galveston, Wichita Falls, Houston, Amarillo, and well....just everywhere eventually....

ETA: That's past Cedar Creek. I used to take 21 to San Marcos everyday for my first two weeks of training at my old job. I've only taken 812 twice and both times it was to see Douche Canoe when he was staying with his friend Kent in the Del Valle/Elroy border area.
  • Frankie_Felinius
    Options
    My MIL grew up (partially) in Lubbock!

I went on a family vacation to Corpus Christi went I was 7ish. So fun! Days at the beach in the Gulf, fresh seafood at night, lizards everywhere! Stayed with my mom's bf's sister...it was a blast. I had a piñata for YEARS that I got that trip.
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    What! You've never been to Black's Barbeque in Lockhart? That's very un-Texas of you. It was voted the best barbeque in Texas about 10 years ago. :smile: What more reason do you need to go? It was really yummy.

I lived for 2 years in El Paso. A lot of history, but a lot of crime. Not as bad as San Antonio, but more than I was used to or wanted to be around.
  • BodyByBex
    Options
    I really dislike San Antonio. That city is perpetually under construction and it bugs the heck out of me!

I hated the traffic and the gunfire in El Paso.

I have seen MANY a bumper sticker advertising Black's Barbeque but I have yet to go.

Ugh. I'm tired and I have just under 4 hours to go until I can leave.
  • jennifer_417
    Options
    I actually LOVED San Antonio the 1 night I was there! But it may have been the fact that I had been trapped in a car with a quarrlesome individual for a really long time when we arrived. But the River Walk was lovely.
  • BodyByBex
    Options
    I actually LOVED San Antonio the 1 night I was there! But it may have been the fact that I had been trapped in a car with a quarrelsome individual for a really long time when we arrived. But the River Walk was lovely.

HAHA! You used the word 'quarrelsome'!
    I enjoyed the River Walk, until my former mother-in-law had too many margaritas and started ranting about how education was the ONLY POSSIBLE WAY to make it anywhere in this 'man's world!'

Yeah, no.
    Maybe I will go back someday.
  • bethanie0825
    bethanie0825 Posts: 1,475 Member
    Options
    @lilaclovebird that's hilarious!! What a moron!!

I've never been west of the Mississippi River but that's going to change next year. Have a wedding in California to attend. I've heard Texas is beautiful, hope to get there one day.
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    The Riverwalk was nice and when I go back for conferences, I stay in hotels on the Riverwalk so that I'm right on it. However, When I lived out by UTSA, we got our vehicle broken into at least once a year.
  • jennifer_417
    Options
    1st class @ 9:05am. Dunno why, but I'm nervous. :/
  • BodyByBex
    Options

You'll be fine. You're a smart successful young woman. The worst thing that will happen to you at that class on tomorrow is you will be awkwardly hit on.
  • jennifer_417
    Options

You'll be fine. You're a smart successful young woman. The worst thing that will happen to you at that class on tomorrow is you will be awkwardly hit on.

Aww thanks! And lol @ being awkwardly hit on!
  • BodyByBex
    Options

Aww thanks! And lol @ being awkwardly hit on!

Happened to me in college. Not the first day of class, but usually right around the first test, "Hey wanna come to my place and study? I can provide some 'stress relief'." Uhm...no. I can provide my OWN stress relief and it doesn't involve disease or pregnancy scares, thanks...
  • Frankie_Felinius
    Options
    Another fiver!? Went home today, took a hot shower, curled into bed, very drowsy...I went to bed around 930am so I was probably out around 10...woke up at 3pm all perky and wide awake!!!! What's the deal?? Glad that turkey is in school tomorrow...I already can't wait to crash!