Welcome to Fun and Games! Many of the discussions in this category are games based on responding to the most recent comment. Please take a moment to refresh the page and make sure you are replying to the most recent comment to keep the game going!

The official nightshift thread....

Options

Replies

• Frankie_Felinius
    Frankie_Felinius Posts: 1,398 Member
    Options
    Also discovered that I need to reschedule my procedure. I've been taking lemon balm for anxiety and learned last night (three days until the invasion) that you should quit using lemon balm two weeks prior to surgery! Well, *kitten*...
  • sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,241 Member
    Options
    1st class @ 9:05am. Dunno why, but I'm nervous. :/

You'll be fine. You're a smart successful young woman. The worst thing that will happen to you at that class on tomorrow is you will be awkwardly hit on.

Aww thanks! And lol @ being awkwardly hit on!

Happened to me in college. Not the first day of class, but usually right around the first test, "Hey wanna come to my place and study? I can provide some 'stress relief'." Uhm...no. I can provide my OWN stress relief and it doesn't involve disease or pregnancy scares, thanks...

Serious? People really did that? I can't say anyone ever made an offer like that to me. Either I'm incredibly dense and didn't catch on, or I'm incredibly ugly. :smile: I'm going to go for option 1. :laugh:
  • BodyByBex
    BodyByBex Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    @Frankie_Felinius I know how you feel. I feel asleep at about 12:30pm and was WIDE AWAKE at 5:45pm...like REALLY? So of course I took the time to workout and failed to make my muscle milk shake so now I'm just freaking RAVENOUS.... I want a burger...and fries....really craving the fries.

I also can't wait to crash but I have to go grocery shopping with my dad and after that make some cupcakes for Sgt. Sexy Pants because his birthday is the 19th but I'm only seeing him on Tuesday.
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    Also discovered that I need to reschedule my procedure. I've been taking lemon balm for anxiety and learned last night (three days until the invasion) that you should quit using lemon balm two weeks prior to surgery! Well, *kitten*...

Really? Why? Does it cause bleeding or problems with sedatives? Pets don't use lemon balm so I've never hear of that.
  • BodyByBex
    Options

You'll be fine. You're a smart successful young woman. The worst thing that will happen to you at that class on tomorrow is you will be awkwardly hit on.

Happened to me in college. Not the first day of class, but usually right around the first test, "Hey wanna come to my place and study? I can provide some 'stress relief'." Uhm...no. I can provide my OWN stress relief and it doesn't involve disease or pregnancy scares, thanks...

Serious? People really did that? I can't say anyone ever made an offer like that to me. Either I'm incredibly dense and didn't catch on, or I'm incredibly ugly. :smile: I'm going to go for option 1. :laugh:

I am not surprised about the density of men anymore. I had to practically THROW myself in SSP's lap before he finally understood that I was interested. Jeez! Was almost as bad as pulling teeth!
  • sufferlandrian
    Options

I am not surprised about the density of men anymore. I had to practically THROW myself in SSP's lap before he finally understood that I was interested. Jeez! Was almost as bad as pulling teeth!

ROFL!!! :laugh:

Thank goodness I'm married. I don't have to worry about it anymore. :smile:
  • BodyByBex
    Options
    I am so looking forward to being off this antibiotic. I take my last pill tomorrow morning when I get home. Then, in three days, I can FINALLY have a glass of wine!

I am going to make it fit in my calories. I am GOING to have this glass of wine. I am SO looking forward to it.
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options

I can't say I ever actually get hit on in real life, so I'm not at all sure what I would do! lol!

• Frankie_Felinius
    Options

Really? Why? Does it cause bleeding or problems with sedatives? Pets don't use lemon balm so I've never hear of that.

Problems with sedatives.
  • jennifer_417
    Options
    I am so looking forward to being off this antibiotic. I take my last pill tomorrow morning when I get home. Then, in three days, I can FINALLY have a glass of wine!

I am going to make it fit in my calories. I am GOING to have this glass of wine. I am SO looking forward to it.
    You can totally make it fit, and enjoy!

• jennifer_417
    Options

That sucks! Two more weeks to dread it!
  • BodyByBex
    Options

I can't say I ever actually get hit on in real life, so I'm not at all sure what I would do! lol!

You probably have been, it's just been WAY too subtle. People nowadays seem afraid all the time. Is he/she actually hitting on me or are they just being nice? What does that body language say?
    Will they consider this 'sexual harassment'?
    And to top it off, people don't know how to deal with problems on their OWN. I've always been direct. If you hit on me and it is unwanted, I will TELL you. I'm not going to go running to HR because you complimented my smile or tell me that my shirt compliments my eyes.
    I guess a lot of people (women) nowadays expect other people to defend them or stick up for them. NO! Stick up for your DAMN SELF! Save the company a wrongful termination lawsuit because you can't figure out how to turn down Jow Blow when he quietly asks you for a date!

/end rant
  • Frankie_Felinius
    Options

Right?! If my fiancé were gone tomorrow...I'd be a hermit. So thankfully I currently do not and will not have to date. I'd be sooo bad at it.

• BodyByBex
    Options

Problems with sedatives.

BAH! And all this waiting PLUS taking away your lemon balm will only make the anxiety about the whole thing WORSE! >.<
  • Frankie_Felinius
    Options

Problems with sedatives.

BAH! And all this waiting PLUS taking away your lemon balm will only make the anxiety about the whole thing WORSE! >.<

No nuts, seeds, berries or pain relievers for the last few days either...and I had a whopper of a headache the last couple days. Now I'm going to have to do it all over again and NO lemon balm for two weeks! It only takes the teeniest tiniest edge off so it isn't the end of the world. It isn't like going off of traditional prescription anti-depressant or anti-anxiety drugs. (If you've never experienced that...lucky you!)

Oh well, it is what it is.
  • Frankie_Felinius
    Options

You probably have been, it's just been WAY too subtle. People nowadays seem afraid all the time. Is he/she actually hitting on me or are they just being nice? What does that body language say?
    Will they consider this 'sexual harassment'?
    And to top it off, people don't know how to deal with problems on their OWN. I've always been direct. If you hit on me and it is unwanted, I will TELL you. I'm not going to go running to HR because you complimented my smile or tell me that my shirt compliments my eyes.
    I guess a lot of people (women) nowadays expect other people to defend them or stick up for them. NO! Stick up for your DAMN SELF! Save the company a wrongful termination lawsuit because you can't figure out how to turn down Jow Blow when he quietly asks you for a date!

/end rant

I'm sure a lot of men are worried about stuff like that. And the ones who don't are the creeps who can't take their eyes off of your sweater meat.
  • BodyByBex
    Options

Right?! If my fiancé were gone tomorrow...I'd be a hermit. So thankfully I currently do not and will not have to date. I'd be sooo bad at it.

I tired online dating. I wasn't good at it. I was REALLY picky. I don't want kids, so their profile better not say 'Wants Children' and they better not simply put 'Up for anything fun' or 'idc' for their idea of a first date. Their first message to me should have punctuation and they should ask me an actual question about something in MY profile or say something more than just 'I think you're beautiful and would like to get to know you.'

...Yeah....
    Then of course MENTIONING all of these things after someone has messaged me was a BAD idea because apparently most men in my age group have NO IDEA how to take constructive criticism and jump to the conclusion that I am just a pretentious *kitten*.

No, I am NOT. I just have standards that I have set for my future life partner and I refuse to compromise on them because I deserve someone who is smart, capable of holding/maintaining intelligent debates and conversations, knows the difference between your and you're. As well as the differences and how to use, they're, their, there, two, to, and too.
    I deserve authenticity, integrity, openness, kindness, and compassion. Someone who is driven not only to make themselves better, but to help me make myself better too!
  • BodyByBex
    Options

Problems with sedatives.

No nuts, seeds, berries or pain relievers for the last few days either...and I had a whopper of a headache the last couple days. Now I'm going to have to do it all over again and NO lemon balm for two weeks! It only takes the teeniest tiniest edge off so it isn't the end of the world. It isn't like going off of traditional prescription anti-depressant or anti-anxiety drugs. (If you've never experienced that...lucky you!)

Oh well, it is what it is.

I have taken an anti-depressant before. I remember when I wanted to stop taking it I called my doctor and received specific instructions on how to ween myself off of them. Because you can't just 'stop', it's dangerous.
  • colleen_mairead_xo
    colleen_mairead_xo Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    finally! a thread with people who feel my night shift pain! i work friday saturday sunday 8pm-9am, hello everyone!! :D
  • BodyByBex
    Options
    finally! a thread with people who feel my night shift pain! i work friday saturday sunday 8pm-9am, hello everyone!! :D

Pain? I have no pain? @sufferlandrian? @jennifer_417? @Frankie_Felinius?

I have a few frustrations, but no pain.