Welcome to Fun and Games! Many of the discussions in this category are games based on responding to the most recent comment. Please take a moment to refresh the page and make sure you are replying to the most recent comment to keep the game going!

The official nightshift thread....

Options

Replies

• sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,244 Member
    Options
    Another night on the trainer. I rode the Florida Keys last night. Where should I ride tonight? :smile:
  • Frankie_Felinius
    Frankie_Felinius Posts: 1,398 Member
    Options
    I'm sitting here drinking decaf...my anxiety has been robust lately...my jaw is so damn tight and sore from all the clenching. I've got a headache on top of that but can't take any meds since my butt is going to be invaded on Wednesday. (Colonoscopy, fyi/tmi/lol)

Soooo I'm online shopping as a distraction?
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    Some people are so weird. Girl calls @ 1am, wants to talk to Brandon. She doesn't know his room number (she thinks it's xxx, which is one we don't have) She doesn't know who's name is on the reservation, but can't understand how I have no way to find him. She literally said, "He's black, he's 32, you probably know him." Um, no?
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    I'm sitting here drinking decaf...my anxiety has been robust lately...my jaw is so damn tight and sore from all the clenching. I've got a headache on top of that but can't take any meds since my butt is going to be invaded on Wednesday. (Colonoscopy, fyi/tmi/lol)

Yep. Things aren't supposed to go that direction through that orifice. :frowning:
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    Some people are so weird. Girl calls @ 1am, wants to talk to Brandon. She doesn't know his room number (she thinks it's xxx, which is one we don't have) She doesn't know who's name is on the reservation, but can't understand how I have no way to find him. She literally said, "He's black, he's 32, you probably know him." Um, no?

Why of course I know him! He's my boyfriend! What do you want with him........?
  • jennifer_417
    Options

What'd you get?

Sorry you're having anxiety.

• Frankie_Felinius
    Options

Right?! I see dozens to hundred of guests DAILY and you think I remember them all?
  • BodyByBex
    BodyByBex Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options

Right?! I see dozens to hundred of guests DAILY and you think I remember them all?

My favorite:
    Her: "He's that guy with the white hard hat and the green button down shirt with the red letters that say MD Anderson Cancer Center on it and blue jeans."

Me: "Ma'am, you just described every single one of our physical plant employees...."

In my head: I should stop picking up day shifts...>.<
  • Frankie_Felinius
    Options

What'd you get?

Skin care shizz. Last year I spent waaay too much on makeup at Sephora and Ulta so I vowed to spend less this year...and I'm spending less...on makeup...but amped up my skin care purchases. Smh...

My age spots have been multiplying despite sunblock, hats, parasols, etc. I'm the chick always in the shade...except when I ride my bike...and it is very apparent I'm getting sun exposure. So I purchased an arsenal of tools to attack said spots!

• BodyByBex
    Options
    I'm glad that on nights everyone knows everyone here.
    Except Shay. I didn't know Shay, I met her last night.
    I thought Jill had lost her keys again and was using someone else's card to get into buildings(NOT allowed) and went to investigate.
    I guess Shay comes in for about 4-6 hours to check on the animals until we fill the open night animal tech spot. She lives 8 minutes away and says she doesn't mind. Plus everyone LOVES overtime here. :grin:
  • jennifer_417
    Options

My favorite:
    Her: "He's that guy with the white hard hat and the green button down shirt with the red letters that say MD Anderson Cancer Center on it and blue jeans."

Me: "Ma'am, you just described every single one of our physical plant employees...."

I did some clinical rotations in a nursing home about a zillion years ago. I can't tell you how many times an employee would point out a resident to me and describe them as, "The one with the gray hair." Like, really?

• BodyByBex
    Options

What'd you get?

Skin care shizz. Last year I spent waaay too much on makeup at Sephora and Ulta so I vowed to spend less this year...and I'm spending less...on makeup...but amped up my skin care purchases. Smh...

My age spots have been multiplying despite sunblock, hats, parasols, etc. I'm the chick always in the shade...except when I ride my bike...and it is very apparent I'm getting sun exposure. So I purchased an arsenal of tools to attack said spots!

No WAY you have age spots...you are too young for that smurf!

I understand dealing with uneven skin tone. My tinea has left me with some WONDERFULLY splotchy shoulders. Makes me glad I don't give a flying smurf because I prefer tank tops over ANYTHING else and in the summer, I don't care who sees my splotches.
  • BodyByBex
    Options

My favorite:

I did some clinical rotations in a nursing home about a zillion years ago. I can't tell you how many times an employee would point out a resident to me and describe them as, "The one with the gray hair." Like, really?

Sometimes people are dumb. Like REALLY dumb. Like, for REAL....

It's terrifying. Even more so when they are in large groups.
  • Frankie_Felinius
    Options

[/quote]

No WAY you have age spots...you are too young for that smurf!

I understand dealing with uneven skin tone. My tinea has left me with some WONDERFULLY splotchy shoulders. Makes me glad I don't give a flying smurf because I prefer tank tops over ANYTHING else and in the summer, I don't care who sees my splotches. [/quote]

I'm almost 34 and I used to TAN...I mean baby oil kind of tanning! Those years of abuse are coming back to haunt me! In the last 2 years I've noticed so many and I keep having more spots to conceal! I noticed while taking selfies (ya know, just 20 or so to get the right one) that I have TWO new ones on my cheeks that are visible through foundation...look like dirty spots or eyeshadow fall out...not acceptable! (For me.)

• bethanie0825
    bethanie0825 Posts: 1,475 Member
    Options
    I'm freckled anyways but I see new ones on my shoulders every year. I try to wear sunscreen but it never fails.
  • BodyByBex
    Options
    I enjoy laying out in the sunshine but you bet your under-britches I'm wearing at LEAST SPF 15 and that smurf is getting reapplied if I'm there for more than an hour and a half.
  • BodyByBex
    Options
    ANNNND my relief just called in sick. FML. I was juuust making plans to see SSP today at 9am too. GOD SMURFING BLESS IT!

Bonus: My relief just had the last two days off...fricken a-hole. :angry:
  • Frankie_Felinius
    Options
    I wear super high spfs, avoid the sun like I'm a vampire and somehow STILL get them! I'm quite fair though...provides lots of contrast!
  • Frankie_Felinius
    Options
    ANNNND my relief just called in sick. FML. I was juuust making plans to see SSP today at 9am too. GOD SMURFING BLESS IT!

:s

• jennifer_417
    Options

What a douche!