Welcome to Fun and Games! Many of the discussions in this category are games based on responding to the most recent comment. Please take a moment to refresh the page and make sure you are replying to the most recent comment to keep the game going!

The official nightshift thread....

Options

Replies

• bethanie0825
    bethanie0825 Posts: 1,476 Member
    Options
    Bc when my bp and heart rate were up, I was having a bit of chest pain. But it felt more like I over exerted myself, not tightness or crushing. My dr then told me nothing too strenuous till after a stress test. I don't even have the consultation till Friday and that'll be 2 weeks since he told me not to do anything.
  • belimawr
    belimawr Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    [I just told the guy the last time, "Do you mind if I put this on speaker phone so I can record this. I would like to be able to go back over our conversation and see what I'm doing that you find offensive." He hung up.

Ya know what? That, maybe will be good. I won't threaten recording, but I can hit the speaker button, and as I don't work alone in the room, and I'll have others who hear other than one side of the conversation.

Sometimes one is blind to a simple solution. Thanks. :)
  • sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,244 Member
    Options
    No problem. :smile:
  • belimawr
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Nothing like a whole habanero in one's eggs to wake up in the evening. Oh, and my sinuses were killing me all day... good for that too.

Now off on my two hours commute on what should be a 40 minute drive... damned construction coming and going lately. Since when during rush hour in the morning do we close 3 lanes of a 4 lane highway for construction?
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
  • bethanie0825
    Options
    Beautiful pictures!
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    Thanks. That's near my house. The wind was blowing the smoke from the fires east so I took the opportunity to get in a mountain bike ride. :smile: These were from before I crashed. :smile:
  • bethanie0825
    Options
    Oh snap! hope you didn't get hurt
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    The bike faired worse than I did. I've got a couple of scrapes and a sore hip but the bike is going to have to go for repairs. I think I bent the derailer or the bottom bracket. I'm not sure which and I was too tired to figure it out. Beautiful area but I don't think that trail was really intermediate. :smile:
  • belimawr
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Nice photos.. sucks you crashed though, hope you're alright.
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    Just a bruised hip. I'll get out riding tomorrow and it will work the bruise out. It's all good. :smile:
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Glad you're ok!
  • BodyByBex
    BodyByBex Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    Glad you're okay @sufferlandrian and I'm really envious of the views you get from your trails!
  • BodyByBex
    Options
    So I was all kinds of cranky pants when I woke up today. I didn't realize it was because my ONLY day off was going to chocked full of shopping with a friend until she canceled at 0030 hours this morning. I'm STOKED! Now I can do what I want to do and my crankiness has disappeared!

I think it was just a matter of me wanting to be able to control my ONE day off. I only get one day off next week too.
    I have no idea when I'll see SSP again and that's okay. I'm just going to take my ONE day and use it the way I want to. I think I might cook something. And sleep. LOTS of sleep. Flu shots make me sleepy.
  • belimawr
    Options
    Had a part break on a train while it was being moved... fell, hit third rail and dragged... sudden contact with 600 volts DC is always fun (and a nice show!)
  • BodyByBex
    Options
    belimawr wrote: »
    Had a part break on a train while it was being moved... fell, hit third rail and dragged... sudden contact with 600 volts DC is always fun (and a nice show!)

Just another 'fun' day at the office, eh @belimawr?
  • BodyByBex
    Options
    OMG! I just used our Kurig at work for the first time..omg...

uljrlceljhrl.jpg
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    belimawr wrote: »

You fell and hit the 600 volts or the train did? I hope it wasn't you.
  • sufferlandrian
    Options

uljrlceljhrl.jpg

I bought one for the folks here at work. It gets used more than the coffee pot ever did. You don't have to go through all the hassle of setting up the pot and it's ready in seconds, not minutes. :smile:
  • BodyByBex
    Options

uljrlceljhrl.jpg

I bought one for the folks here at work. It gets used more than the coffee pot ever did. You don't have to go through all the hassle of setting up the pot and it's ready in seconds, not minutes. :smile:

It's glorious. I want one for the house!