Welcome to Fun and Games! Many of the discussions in this category are games based on responding to the most recent comment. Please take a moment to refresh the page and make sure you are replying to the most recent comment to keep the game going!

The official nightshift thread....

Options

Replies

• Frankie_Felinius
    Frankie_Felinius Posts: 1,398 Member
    Options
    @sufferlandrian Those pics are jawdropping. My jaw actually dropped. Wowzers.

@Jennifer_417 I need that tank but instead of "a night auditor" just put "a Hildy"...that's the kind of gal I am.

The HEAT. Omg. I'm such a crabapple in this weather. Haven't been on my bike in a week or so...

I took a sewing class last night! It was awesome. We made a little pin cushion/scrap bag thing and were able to bring our own machine. I went out today and bought a pattern for an apron and some fabric. The prep work to make something is crazy. I worked on cutting patterns, pinning them on, cutting fabric and marking it...took a couple hours. Never even got to the sewing part today! I can't wait to make clothes...COSTUMES...curtains! Oh my!
  • Frankie_Felinius
    Options
    Sooo...a small thing happened this week that let me know that Mr. Blue Eyes might be interested...eep!

How's everyone's night going so far?

No deets?? What a tease...

:o
  • BodyByBex
    BodyByBex Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    Sooo...a small thing happened this week that let me know that Mr. Blue Eyes might be interested...eep!

How's everyone's night going so far?

No deets?? What a tease...

:o

I was just thinking the same thing :angry:
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    Well, it was such a small thing that I'm almost embarassed to say, but it was enough for me to think just maybe...
  • Frankie_Felinius
    Options
    Embarassed?? Here??
  • jennifer_417
    Options
    Embarassed?? Here??

Haha fair enough...I just don't wanna be that girl who overanalyzes every little thing, y'know?

Anyway...usually he walks out of class ahead of me, this time he let me go first...and I'm not sure if he was trying to walk with me...but when we got to the hallway, he started to walk one way, then turned around and walked out the same door as I did, a little bit behind me. As I turned to go to my car, he calls over, "Hey, do we have classes Monday?" I answered that we didn't, and with a little smile and head tilt, he said, "OK, see ya Wednesday!"

I know, I might be reading too much into it...see, embarassing!

• Frankie_Felinius
    edited September 2015
    Options
    I think he wanted to say something more but got nervous! I'm not just giving ya fluff either. He made a point to not only go out that door but to TALK to you...he didn't have to...he wanted to!

I'd bet money he had plans to talk to you and the class thing is what fell out of his mouth when he got nervous...bet he got in his car and thought about the encounter himself...
  • BodyByBex
    Options
    I think he wanted to say something more but got nervous! I'm not just giving ya fluff either. He made a point to not only go out that door but to TALK to you...he didn't have to...he wanted to!

I'd bet money he had plans to talk to you and the class thing is what fell out of his mouth when he got nervous...bet he got in his car and thought about the encounter himself...

And was probably smacking his head into the steering wheel thinking "DAMMIT! Why can't I just BE NORMAL and TALK TO HER?!"

I see definite indications that he WANTED to talk to you. If you don't have assigned parking, keep parking in the same area and maybe he will park closer to where you park so he can talk to you more/for longer.
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options

And was probably smacking his head into the steering wheel thinking "DAMMIT! Why can't I just BE NORMAL and TALK TO HER?!"

I see definite indications that he WANTED to talk to you. If you don't have assigned parking, keep parking in the same area and maybe he will park closer to where you park so he can talk to you more/for longer.

As a guy who is a bit shy around women, especially ones I find attractive, this sounds like something I would do with someone I wanted to talk to but was too nervous.
  • BodyByBex
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Anyone else out there getting their *kitten* handed to them by fall allergies?

I woke up today and felt like I got hit by a bus. Sinus headache, ear itchies, sneezing all the damn TIME....
  • Frankie_Felinius
    Options
    Already sneezy. September and October are usually my worst months. I need to pick up a bottle of allergy eye drops tomorrow...my eyes get sooo itchy!
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    No allergies here but my lack of sleep earlier is kicking my butt at work right now. I usually grab coffee from the Keurig within the first 30 mins of starting my shift. Tonight I was trying to figure out why my mug would not fit in the machine. I finally realized, 5 mins later, that I was trying to fill my tall water bottle with coffee, which of course is too tall to fit.
  • jennifer_417
    Options
    Thankfully, I don't really have seasonal allergies. Hooray!

It seems like my read on the thing was correct, hooray again! I realize it was probably a super awkward moment for him, but it actually made me really happy, because I couldn't really tell before that if he was interested at all. So yeah!
  • BodyByBex
    Options
    Already sneezy. September and October are usually my worst months. I need to pick up a bottle of allergy eye drops tomorrow...my eyes get sooo itchy!

I realized when I got up feeling like hell that we have NO allergy meds in the house at all. So THAT'S definitely on my agenda.
  • Frankie_Felinius
    Options
    My plans for today are sitting out in this heat to take in the Labor Day parade. Ick. Last year was much cooler. I packed my parasol in case the sun finds me! The other day my tot started soccer and I forgot the parasol...I looked like a straight bampire (as my kiddo calls 'em) bee-lining to the shade.

Aren't those little grammar slip ups adorable? Elka speaks like a 8 year old, probably, but when she says "bampire" or apple "orcherid"...I can't correct her! Actually, they say don't "correct" them, re-use the word properly back to them...which we did when she was learning. But I know they will soon all be gone. :-( I never hear "bessert" any more...

On a side note...soooo the soccer coaches. We first hear from ours a day before the first practice. Already not a good foot to start on imo. We show up and some tall, athletic African guy (I mean African...not PC for black) asks our kid's name, says "Nope, you're over there with Tiffany." (Names have been changed, lol) We sadly walk away from that coach, who we later see doing drills WITH the kids and overall looking like an awesome coach. We walk to Tiffany. A blonde white gal in all pink with my physique (which isn't athletic) who looks like she can't wait for punkin spice stuff this fall. (I can't either but that is besides the point.) I'm super judgey, I know. But our team spends most of the time standing around and Tiffany instructs rather than gets in it with them. I'm sure she was an athlete at one time, hell I was at one time and I'm still pretty good at sport-y shizz when I do it but I just want that other coach!!! (In a whiny voice...) Who knows? Maybe Tiff will be great...

• BodyByBex
    Options
    My plans for today are sitting out in this heat to take in the Labor Day parade. Ick. Last year was much cooler. I packed my parasol in case the sun finds me! The other day my tot started soccer and I forgot the parasol...I looked like a straight bampire (as my kiddo calls 'em) bee-lining to the shade.

Aren't those little grammar slip ups adorable? Elka speaks like a 8 year old, probably, but when she says "bampire" or apple "orcherid"...I can't correct her! Actually, they say don't "correct" them, re-use the word properly back to them...which we did when she was learning. But I know they will soon all be gone. :-( I never hear "bessert" any more...

On a side note...soooo the soccer coaches. We first hear from ours a day before the first practice. Already not a good foot to start on imo. We show up and some tall, athletic African guy (I mean African...not PC for black) asks our kid's name, says "Nope, you're over there with Tiffany." (Names have been changed, lol) We sadly walk away from that coach, who we later see doing drills WITH the kids and overall looking like an awesome coach. We walk to Tiffany. A blonde white gal in all pink with my physique (which isn't athletic) who looks like she can't wait for punkin spice stuff this fall. (I can't either but that is besides the point.) I'm super judgey, I know. But our team spends most of the time standing around and Tiffany instructs rather than gets in it with them. I'm sure she was an athlete at one time, hell I was at one time and I'm still pretty good at sport-y shizz when I do it but I just want that other coach!!! (In a whiny voice...) Who knows? Maybe Tiff will be great...

I can't coach anyone unless I'm at least doing the motions with them.
    I ALSO can't wait for pumpkin spice things this fall. (OMG SQUEEE!)
    I was pretty athletic back in the day, in middle school I was 144 lbs and had ABS! Ahhhh the good ol' days.

The African guy also probably eats, sleeps, and breathes football soccer. 'Tiffany' might be really super great. We will just have to find out. :smile:
  • jennifer_417
    Options
    I've never been athletic, but I think it would be fun to play a sport if I didn't, you know, suck at all of them...
    And frak yeah, bring on the pumpkin spice! Its like a consolation prize for Summer being over.
  • sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,244 Member
    Options
    Why is it that euthanasias all seem to come in waves.
  • jennifer_417
    Options
    Why is it that euthanasias all seem to come in waves.

Sounds like a rough shift. ((hugs))

• jennifer_417
    Options
    Ok, please tell me 5 more times how someone else told you there is a room available. That'll magically make a room available.