Welcome to Fun and Games! Many of the discussions in this category are games based on responding to the most recent comment. Please take a moment to refresh the page and make sure you are replying to the most recent comment to keep the game going!

The official nightshift thread....

Options

Replies

• Frankie_Felinius
    Frankie_Felinius Posts: 1,398 Member
    Options
    Well. The parade wasn't today. It is on Labor Day. I thought they always had it on the Saturday closest to Labor Day. Soooo...we were sitting in our chairs on the parade route (way early) and the closer it got to the time they should start closing down the streets, I realized it wasn't happening. I googled it and felt like a complete azz. Oh well!
  • Frankie_Felinius
    Options
    @jennifer_417 Do you get the people that can't comprehend that check in is at 3 (or whatever time yours is)? Go ahead and book that room for Saturday night and show up at 4 a.m. Saturday morning...not only will the room be occupied already...you can't check in until 3 pm even if it was vacant...(we do have a little wiggle room for early checkins)...
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    Fortunately, we don't get much of that. If they don't cancel by 4pm, they're paying for the room, so we're content to hold it for them.
  • BodyByBex
    BodyByBex Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    It's MIDNIGHT! I've been waiting to dig into this stir fry for about 6 hours....My dad made it and it smelled like HEAVEN so I traded my salad in for the beef stir fry on rice. It might not fit into my calorie goals but I'm gonna MAKE IT FIT! :naughty:
  • Frankie_Felinius
    Options
    We charge for no cancel as well and hold any room held with a cc. It is the people leaving da bars that want to check in after last call and stay until the next day. Which, I'll check ya in at 4 a.m....but you are out by noon or pay for two nights and out the next day. Or check in after 7 when our new "business day" starts and we charge a day and a half, out by the next day. And no...we don't go hourly or give discounts for stumbling in as the early risers are leaving.

I understand that people don't know how check ins work if they don't work in a hotel or stay in them frequently, why would you? I don't mind explaining their options...but after I explain in 13 times...c'mon...just because you don't think it is fair, doesn't mean the options are changing.
  • Frankie_Felinius
    Options
    It's MIDNIGHT! I've been waiting to dig into this stir fry for about 6 hours....My dad made it and it smelled like HEAVEN so I traded my salad in for the beef stir fry on rice. It might not fit into my calorie goals but I'm gonna MAKE IT FIT! :naughty:

Stir fry being cooked always smells great!

Back when my fiancé first started living together, he'd come home and anytime I'd being sautéing onions, particularly if I sautéed them in bacon fat...he'd be like "What are you MAKING?? It smells delicious!" I'd be like "Onions...just...onions so far."

:p

• jennifer_417
    Options
    I don't get too much of that...people are usually content if I offer 'em a late checkout, 12 or 1ish. But I do get super annoyed when I have to explain the EXACT same thing over and over again, or people tell me the EXACT same thing over and over again, like it's gonna magically change my mind.
  • Frankie_Felinius
    Options
    I don't get too much of that...people are usually content if I offer 'em a late checkout, 12 or 1ish. But I do get super annoyed when I have to explain the EXACT same thing over and over again, or people tell me the EXACT same thing over and over again, like it's gonna magically change my mind.

Yesssssss. Same tactic my FIVE year old uses...but from adults...sheesh...
  • sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,244 Member
    Options
    I've been really lucky. When I used to work out of town a lot, the hotels would let me check in at 9 AM after I was done with my shift and if I could check out by 3 PM so they could turn the room, they would only charge me a half day. Most of the time, Hotels have been really nice to me when I explain why I need to check in at 9 AM when my shift is done.
  • Frankie_Felinius
    Options
    A lot does depend on whether or not housekeeping is able to get to the room or not. On busy days...housekeepers here are gone by three. Hotels with 24 housekeeping or at least an a.m. and a p.m shift tend to be more lenient for sure...and we do consider WHY people are checking it at an unconventional hour. If it is a road weary traveler or someone leaving a hospital or in town for a funeral or wedding...we'll be more lenient than some local wanting to crash 'cause they can't go home for whatever reason.
  • jennifer_417
    Options
    Agreed. Someone who is obviously intoxicatedd is highly unlikely to get a room from me at all.
  • sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,244 Member
    Options
    Well, I can honestly say I've never been intoxicated so that hasn't been a problem. :smile: Watching my buddies in the military puking their guts out made me never want to try alcohol. :smile:
  • BodyByBex
    Options
    Well, I can honestly say I've never been intoxicated so that hasn't been a problem. :smile: Watching my buddies in the military puking their guts out made me never want to try alcohol. :smile:

I :heart: alcohol. The flavors, the intensity. Finding the right balance is key. I still screw up occasionally if I don't pay attention and end up falling off the bus and puking my guts out.
  • jennifer_417
    Options
    I did have one poor soul (at a previous place I worked) show up at like 6 am because someone told him he could go ahead and check in that early. He came in a cab and could barely speak English. There was still a person in the unit and there wasn't anything I could do for him. I actually felt bad for that one.
  • BodyByBex
    Options
    I'm at a point in my life where I don't like apples or pears unless they are SLATHERED in peanut butter....
  • Frankie_Felinius
    Options
    Just got a class act flashing a wad of cash three inches thick but his and her CCs declined. It was one of those where he thought if he kept waving the cash at me, I'd change my mind. It isn't MY mind, it is THE rule.
  • Frankie_Felinius
    Options
    I'm leaving here in an hour or so and eating pancakes! I've got a coupon for free Rooty Tooty Fresh and Fruity pancakes and dammit, I'm gonna eat 'em!
  • BodyByBex
    Options
    Just got a class act flashing a wad of cash three inches thick but his and her CCs declined. It was one of those where he thought if he kept waving the cash at me, I'd change my mind. It isn't MY mind, it is THE rule.

Hahaha! I'm sorry. I would have the hardest time not laughing in that moment.

This actually reminds me, I wanted to put another $100 toward paying of my credit card!
  • BodyByBex
    Options
    I'm leaving here in an hour or so and eating pancakes! I've got a coupon for free Rooty Tooty Fresh and Fruity pancakes and dammit, I'm gonna eat 'em!

I'm gonna go home and make waffles....after I walk the dog. Darn mutt. But she makes this face after:
    zhoohwdvtgxz.jpg

And who doesn't wanna see that face?! :heart:
  • Frankie_Felinius
    Options
    She looks like Gmork from The Neverending Story! The CHILD ME would not have wanted to see that face!

Aaaand another guy flippin' his shizz over tax on the room. State tax. City tax. Buddy...I do not have control over TAXES. I tried to explain it is like buying anything else...there is TAX.