Welcome to Fun and Games! Many of the discussions in this category are games based on responding to the most recent comment. Please take a moment to refresh the page and make sure you are replying to the most recent comment to keep the game going!

The official nightshift thread....

Options

Replies

• TMacKtwenty4
    TMacKtwenty4 Posts: 3,256 Member
    Options
    My last night shift ever, unless I take some OT...... On vacay officially as of 07:30 in the morning
  • sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,244 Member
    Options
    Just as I'm getting ready to get in a ride, in comes a dog that ate "Something". I see X-Rays in this dogs future.
  • belimawr
    belimawr Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    ^ Really nice shots. Maybe if I get out on the bike this weekend I'll take some.
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    I love getting out on the fat tire bike. I spend more time enjoying the scenery instead of just riding. The road bike I tend to get hung up on the distance and speed so I forget to take the time to enjoy what's around me.
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    OMG! I just used our Kurig at work for the first time..omg...

uljrlceljhrl.jpg

I bought one for the folks here at work. It gets used more than the coffee pot ever did. You don't have to go through all the hassle of setting up the pot and it's ready in seconds, not minutes. :smile:

I have been using one at work for almost 3 years now. Very convenient.
  • bethanie0825
    bethanie0825 Posts: 1,476 Member
    Options
    @sufferlandrian Those pictures are beautiful!! I'm actually off for this holiday but we don't have anything planned. Maybe a day trip to the beach and Britt's Donuts. And we have to cut the grass. Exciting stuff around my part.
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    Bethanie, you are a WILD woman. Cutting the grass on the holidays. I don't think I could handle so much excitement. :smile: :wink:
  • belimawr
    Options
    I have to cut the grass too, didn't do it last week with mom visitng... eventually gotta pay the price for lazyiness.
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    @sufferlandrian -how is the fat tire to ride as compared to thinner tires?
  • bethanie0825
    Options
    @sufferlandrian Be jealous!
    @belimawr We just cut it last week but on a higher setting so it grew in quick.

But not too much, my stepson has scarlet fever. So we'll be home for the weekend so he can rest and so his dad and I can see if we're going to get it. I wanted some donuts too... :'(
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    @jennifer_417 - I love my fat tire. It doesn't handle well on pavement, but off road it's a dream. Hard pack, sand, gravel, mud or just about anything else you can toss at it off road it handles well. My coworker wouldn't ride single track but we got her a Fat Tire and now she is a single track maniac. They are very stable with great traction both up and down hills. I get much better traction than with my mountain bike. They are slower than the mountain bike since they are geared so low, but they are a lot of fun. :smile:
  • BodyByBex
    BodyByBex Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    I spent my day 'off' shopping with my mommy, cleaning the house, cooking food, and drinking a LOT of wine.
    Now for another 6 day work week. I got a 3.63/5 on my evaluation. Highest they've ever given a newbie at this detatchment. Mostly because I got an OUTSTANDING on my 'Dependability'. I only have 1 occurrence and it's because I was stranded with SSP at his house surrounded by water!
    Looks like working all this overtime makes me 'dependable'. :wink:

Got a couple of red wines for my dad to try while I was shopping, a Cab and a Merlot and he hates them both. :angry: He has such a sweet tooth but I want him drinking wine for the health benefits and not JUST because he likes the taste. I guess the 'white merlot' is the closest he will ever get. :confused:

More for me then I guess. :mrgreen:

I have been upping my exercise now that the heat is dissipating. For me it's MUCH easier to want to go for a run/walk/jog in the outside world if I don't have to worry about overheating 10 minutes in.
    After scrubbing the mold off the porch and the side of the house today I am ready to get some SLEEP when I get home at 7 am. The BEST thing about exercise is I've definitely been sleeping better.
  • YAHWEH56
    YAHWEH56 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    Where was this at like 4 hours ago lol
  • BodyByBex
    Options
    Just as I'm getting ready to get in a ride, in comes a dog that ate "Something". I see X-Rays in this dogs future.

Tessa eats a lot of 'something' most of it is good for her. So they might need to be a BIT more specific....
  • BodyByBex
    Options
    YAHWEH56 wrote: »
    Where was this at like 4 hours ago lol

This has only further convinced me that people do not know how to use the search bar function on here.
  • bethanie0825
    Options
    We're still waiting for the heat to lay off here. Frickin 90+ degrees the past 2 days. This is when I missing living up north. Dr's appt is this morning so we'll see how well I can convince him of no stress test.
  • belimawr
    Options
    We're still waiting for the heat to lay off here. Frickin 90+ degrees the past 2 days. This is when I missing living up north. Dr's appt is this morning so we'll see how well I can convince him of no stress test.

It's been in the 90s here too in NJ. Humid too. When I ride the bike (or stationary) at 4am, I'm sweating like a pig, it's that bad.
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    OK, here we go. Labor day weekend starts now.

@Bethanie and Belimawr - We are expecting snow in the mountains tonight. :smile:
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    Sooo...a small thing happened this week that let me know that Mr. Blue Eyes might be interested...eep!

How's everyone's night going so far?