Welcome to Fun and Games! Many of the discussions in this category are games based on responding to the most recent comment. Please take a moment to refresh the page and make sure you are replying to the most recent comment to keep the game going!

The official nightshift thread....

Options

Replies

• jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    Sounds shady...I had a rather attractive woman who obviously wasn't a guest, show up in the middle of the night and head straight to a room...wonder what she's here for...hmm...
  • Frankie_Felinius
    Frankie_Felinius Posts: 1,398 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    An attractive one. They aren't cheap...

(I'm kidding. Well, I'm not, they aren't cheap. I had a close friend who was a...professional. She is pretty...and not cheap. I used to babysit for a coworker who was also...a professional. She was probably pretty at one time but she looked pretty rough when I knew her. She was cheap.)
  • kbornman21
    kbornman21 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Normally a dayshifter here, but I'm working night shift for holiday pay. Hope everyone is having a good night!!
  • BodyByBex
    BodyByBex Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    An attractive one. Those aren't cheap...

You would know! :wink:

(I :heart: you)
  • Frankie_Felinius
    Options
    kbornman21 wrote: »
    Normally a dayshifter here, but I'm working night shift for holiday pay. Hope everyone is having a good night!!

Attagirl! I hope you are getting that graveyard differential on top of that!
  • BodyByBex
    Options
    @lilaclovebird -wow, that coworker of yours seems like a real gem... :s

She's not the only one.... Our day shifter "Donna" is a real treat. Talking about how she can't use the Kubota(little diesel powered golf cart thing) that doesn't have the radio because she'll fall asleep. She doesn't have time to meal prep or exercise but has time to 'waste 2 hours' on a documentary with her husband. She eats fast food EVERYDAY and a BIG bowl of cereal(2.5-3 servings worth) in the morning and complains about how she can't lose weight despite ALL the walking she does. Whines about how she's the only one out of her sisters who has NEVER been fat and now she has a belly.
    You know those reusable grocery bags? She brings two of those with her everyday into the office. I've seen the inside of her truck and heard about the inside of her house :confounded: She's definitely in a classification of 'hoarder'.

She's the one who keeps me in the office two hours after I clock out because I can't tell her to shut up I've got to get some shut eye.

Now I come up with excuses like "I'm going for a run this morning with my mom" and when I get home, my mother and I run in place in the kitchen so I'm not a liar. Then I go to get Tessa ready for a walk/run(interval training) and my mom gets on the elliptical.
  • jennifer_417
    Options
    Sounds shady...I had a rather attractive woman who obviously wasn't a guest, show up in the middle of the night and head straight to a room...wonder what she's here for...hmm...

Haha yep...she pulled up in a shiny little red ride...so not cheap.

• Frankie_Felinius
    Options
    When it is time for me to go...I'm out. I'm not listening to chit chat...seeeee ya! At a previous job I had a guy try to keep me but I would just tell him I had been there long enough, I was out. Buuuut, I did have this guy who worked 2nd at this job, this lonely SOB who would stay for two hours AFTER HIS shift, into mine. He was very sensitive so I didn't want to just straight tell him to leave instead of loitering so I started to pull my school books out immediately after I got there and started on homework (real or imaginary). He picked up what I was putting down pretty quickly and no messy confrontation was had. The current 2nd shifter always gives me the rundown on how her relationship is with her boyfriend...I don't really care but she is nice so I "That's crazy." or "Aww, that's sweet." until she leaves...she doesn't stick around too long so I grin and bear it for now. Ugh. Social people...what is wrong with you guys?

Kiiiiiddddding....kinda.
  • Frankie_Felinius
    Options
    It just started pouring out. Do I want it to continue and the parade to be cancelled? I don't really want to go but my little dollface will be disappointed. Ooh, loud thunder, too! I love storms.
  • jennifer_417
    Options
    Haha, the morning girl told me this morning, "I always feel bad, I like talking to you so much, but I'm afraid I keep you here past when you want to be!" (She's super sweet and I absolutely love her)
    I was like, "Hey, when I'm ready to leave, I bail!" And I do.
  • BodyByBex
    Options
    I just make up lousy excuses... :disappointed: But it gets me out and into my bed! :grin:
  • Frankie_Felinius
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Haha, the morning girl told me this morning, "I always feel bad, I like talking to you so much, but I'm afraid I keep you here past when you want to be!" (She's super sweet and I absolutely love her)
    I was like, "Hey, when I'm ready to leave, I bail!" And I do.

That's perfect. You actually enjoy one another's company...and when you're ready to leave, you do. And you were clear on it so she doesn't feel bad. Too bad all human interactions could be so clear and agreed upon...

• jennifer_417
    Options
    Ugh. I'm tired and bored. So ready to go home!
  • sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,244 Member
    Options
    I'm spent. I am suffering from burn out big time. I have a pile of records to complete and absolutely no will to do them.
  • bethanie0825
    bethanie0825 Posts: 1,475 Member
    Options
    I'm very lucky I have an awesome partner bc we share a very small room. And working nights, much less customer service type calls. And our relief never keeps us too long.
  • jennifer_417
    edited September 2015
    Options
    I'm spent. I am suffering from burn out big time. I have a pile of records to complete and absolutely no will to do them.

As hard and long as you work, it's no surprise that you would feel that way occasionally. Any chance you can take a vacation any time soon? ((Hugs))
  • Frankie_Felinius
    Options

As hard and long as you work, it's no surprise that you would feel that way occasionally. Any chance you can take a vacation any time soon? ((Hugs))

You will probably have to define the word "vacation" to him.
  • jennifer_417
    Options

Good point. It's that thing where you DON'T WORK, for a specific interval, and spend that time doing more pleasurable things instead.
  • bethanie0825
    bethanie0825 Posts: 1,475 Member
    Options

I don't know how he does it.
  • Frankie_Felinius
    Options
    Soooo....overall the parade was good. Except...I could see this politician guy coming down the street...reeeally getting close to people, shaking their hand with two hands, intense eye contact...he wanted you to know he cared about YOU as an individual...cool, cool...but I hate that shizz. So I pull my parasol down (I kinda had it out at 11 o'clock, to give you a visual and he was coming from my left.) This. Mothertrucker. THIS. Mothertrucker...ducks UNDER my parasol, stoops down and tells me to enjoy my Labor Day and stares at me until I wish him the same. OMG. The guy next to me, who he also got close to...says to me after he walks away..."That guy needs to learn personal space...lost my vote!" Tell ME about it buddy, he invaded my parasol! So I google the guy...he is a senator from my state. Lordy...

THEN...I see a float that has what looks like FIRE HOSES spraying water on to spectators. I hop up like if lava was being shot out and hightail out of reach...telling my kid...I'll be right over there! I end up standing next to a black chick sitting in a chair who can't see what is coming and she goes "What's happening?", then sees the water being sprayed. She was like "Oh damn!", laughing knowingly. Pinups and black chicks with relaxed hair have a common nemesis in water!

Overall, it was a great parade though. My kid's teacher walked over from her float/group and hugged my kid. She felt pretty special...and got a bucket full of candy. When it was almost full, she said "I think that is enough candy." The lady next to us said "Did she just say that? Do kids say that?" I said "This one does.", and told them about how the day before she had pancakes with an obscene amount of syrup and chocolate milk for breakfast but when lunch rolled around she requested a "veggie sandwich, no meat today...and ice water". When your five year old practices moderation and makes smarter food choices than you do at 34...you know you taught her well...