Welcome to Fun and Games! Many of the discussions in this category are games based on responding to the most recent comment. Please take a moment to refresh the page and make sure you are replying to the most recent comment to keep the game going!

The official nightshift thread....

Options

Replies

• sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,244 Member
    Options
    Open mouth breathing in a cat is a really bad sign. However, depending on the reason for the open mouth breathing, it can be treatable. We get a fair number of cats in that don't have a fever, but have fluid building around the lungs. In some cases it's a busted lymphatic vessel. In a cat that carries a pretty good prognosis if you drain the fluid off the chest. Infections in the chest are very bad in a cat but fluids and injectable antibiotics give them a decent chance. FIP is another reason for open mouth breathing and it is fatal so if there is a straw colored fluid around the lungs, just put him down. Don't make him suffer. X-Rays would let you know if the fluid is in the lungs or around the lungs. That would let you know where to tap so you could see what kind of fluid is in the chest. If he is not making improvements today, spring for the x-rays.
  • sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,244 Member
    Options
    belimawr wrote: »
    I had a coworker who had a dying dog, and the hospital kept it on machines for way longer than what seemed necessary, ran up a 10 grand bill just to tell her it should be put to sleep. I hate to say it with sufferlandrian here, some seem as crooked as human doctors.

A derailment, wall collapse and damaged trains... fun night!

Sorry about the train. That has to be a mess. And yes, some are as crooked as human doctors can be so no offense taken. Some are crooked, they are just incompetent. In both cases they can rack up quite a bill before they let you know you should call it quits.

Hope the trains get straightened out soon. Otherwise you'll be pulling a triple shift instead of a reverse double. :frowning:
  • bethanie0825
    bethanie0825 Posts: 1,475 Member
    Options
    I was gonna complain about my internet sucking on one of my computers but you're having a way worse day @belimawr
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    Allll righty, kicking off the weekend! How is everyone's night going?
  • bethanie0825
    Options
    Calm so far.
  • BodyByBex
    BodyByBex Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    SSP dumped me.
    Cat is doing MUCH better and came home yesterday.
    Check engine light came on in the car.
    Gained 1.5 pounds and I'm cranky and sick and tired of people (mainly my coworker Jeanette) telling me how I should live my life and how I should deal with relationships.

Tonight's conversation:

"You need to figure out what YOU want in life. You need to spend 1 year with no relationships and maybe at most have a no strings attached f-ck buddy. My husband-"
    "Jeanette, I am NOT going to have SEX with YOUR HUSBAND!" *hangs up phone*
  • BodyByBex
    Options
    Open mouth breathing in a cat is a really bad sign. However, depending on the reason for the open mouth breathing, it can be treatable. We get a fair number of cats in that don't have a fever, but have fluid building around the lungs. In some cases it's a busted lymphatic vessel. In a cat that carries a pretty good prognosis if you drain the fluid off the chest. Infections in the chest are very bad in a cat but fluids and injectable antibiotics give them a decent chance. FIP is another reason for open mouth breathing and it is fatal so if there is a straw colored fluid around the lungs, just put him down. Don't make him suffer. X-Rays would let you know if the fluid is in the lungs or around the lungs. That would let you know where to tap so you could see what kind of fluid is in the chest. If he is not making improvements today, spring for the x-rays.

She improved by LEAPS and BOUNDS by this morning and she's not typically a sociable cat and she was loving up all over my parents when we picked her up. The vet was just standing there smiling at us. Cost us a pretty penny but we got her home and she ate(more so than usual but she didn't eat at the vet) and drank some water and snuck outside(we wanted to keep her inside for the day) and just lounged on the back deck sunning herself and purring like mad.
    After a couple hours she came in and ate some more and took a nap on the guest bed.
  • belimawr
    belimawr Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    I was gonna complain about my internet sucking on one of my computers but you're having a way worse day @belimawr

It's all good, in the morning I get my usual Saturday treat (lobster tail pastries!).

I'll keep my theories to myself as to why these things have been happening a lot lately, in order to keep my job. ;)

@lilaclovebird... a pound and a half? Could be anything, but it's more like nothing. ;)
  • Frankie_Felinius
    Frankie_Felinius Posts: 1,398 Member
    Options
    Heyyyyyy.

I was going to complain about my 9 hour shift, but ya'll have me beat.

First soccer game tomorrow! No uniforms yet...team pics have to be pushed back. Ugh. I don't think she is a soccer girl but if she DOES want to try another round...it won't be through the place it is now. Sheesh...

I've made progress on my apron! Attached the waistband to the skirt part, gathered and all. It looks pretty shabby as a whole but it is a lot of fun!

I tripped over an ottoman in the dark, jacked my shoulder up! My hand landed on a little side table thing and my shoulder felt like it was going to dislocate as I was going down, holding myself up! So sore today. And busted up my shin a bit. And broke a growler. Idget.

Bought a fanny pack at a yard sale for a cool 25 cents. I currently use a plush dalmation backpack but he gets hot. Sooo...I'm gonna be sportin' a fanny pack. Yup.

Walked into a head shop by accident. There is this tiny "antiques and art glass" shop that has been up the street from us for what has to be at least a couple years. We've rode our bikes past for quite awhile now and stopped in the other day. The chick working wanted to show us a demo with the locally blown glass...she took a pipe out of the case and banged it, I mean banged it like a hammer, on the side of the case...remained in one piece...crazy. Sooo, they sell pipes and homemade stuff like refurbished furniture, tie-dye, local art. Who knew?

• jennifer_417
    Options
    SSP dumped me.
    Cat is doing MUCH better and came home yesterday.
    Check engine light came on in the car.
    Gained 1.5 pounds and I'm cranky and sick and tired of people (mainly my coworker Jeanette) telling me how I should live my life and how I should deal with relationships.

Tonight's conversation:

"You need to figure out what YOU want in life. You need to spend 1 year with no relationships and maybe at most have a no strings attached f-ck buddy. My husband-"
    "Jeanette, I am NOT going to have SEX with YOUR HUSBAND!" *hangs up phone*

Sounds like a brutal day! I'm really sorry. ((allthehugs)))

Glad your kitty is better, though.
  • Frankie_Felinius
    Options
    SSP dumped me.

Whaaa?! That sucks. Or it doesn't...how do YOU feel?

• jennifer_417
    Options
    Heyyyyyy.

I was going to complain about my 9 hour shift, but ya'll have me beat.

First soccer game tomorrow! No uniforms yet...team pics have to be pushed back. Ugh. I don't think she is a soccer girl but if she DOES want to try another round...it won't be through the place it is now. Sheesh...

I've made progress on my apron! Attached the waistband to the skirt part, gathered and all. It looks pretty shabby as a whole but it is a lot of fun!

I tripped over an ottoman in the dark, jacked my shoulder up! My hand landed on a little side table thing and my shoulder felt like it was going to dislocate as I was going down, holding myself up! So sore today. And busted up my shin a bit. And broke a growler. Idget.

Bought a fanny pack at a yard sale for a cool 25 cents. I currently use a plush dalmation backpack but he gets hot. Sooo...I'm gonna be sportin' a fanny pack. Yup.

Walked into a head shop by accident. There is this tiny "antiques and art glass" shop that has been up the street from us for what has to be at least a couple years. We've rode our bikes past for quite awhile now and stopped in the other day. The chick working wanted to show us a demo with the locally blown glass...she took a pipe out of the case and banged it, I mean banged it like a hammer, on the side of the case...remained in one piece...crazy. Sooo, they sell pipes and homemade stuff like refurbished furniture, tie-dye, local art. Who knew?

I'd love to take a sewing class sometime, that sounds really fun! And, you'll get better the more you do it.

I LOVE LOVE art glass! But I'm so clumsy I'm afraid to buy any.

• BodyByBex
    edited September 2015
    Options
    SSP dumped me.

Angry, hurt, rejected. And strangely, a lot of pity for the poor man. He has to work with me at least 2 days every week, and the last time I was rejected out of the blue like this I lost 40 pounds.

So I guess I look forward to losing about 20-30 more pounds and he has to watch as I am successful in all of my endeavors. He will be feeling a lot of regret about he situation probably around early next year.

ETA: I was also really angry this morning and I worked out WAY harder than I should have. I've also been so pissed, I've gotten a LOT of work done today and I've only been on the clock an hour. I'm about to go do some more rounds.
  • Frankie_Felinius
    edited September 2015
    Options
    The first pocket I made...was sooo bad. I the rick rack was barely visible after I turned the pocket and I almost started to cry. I don't cry very often anymore but I felt so defeated. Then I was like, "It is your FIRST time!" I'm very hard on myself if I don't do things well the first time but I knew that all it takes is practice and I'll get better. Every time I make a mistake I just chalk it up to what NOT to do next time. I'm trying to take in the learning process without being discouraged. So far so good...except that first pocket debacle.

Art glass or "art glass"?

We can't have anything breakable. Today alone the pets broke a milk glass lampshade and a mirror. The third mirror is a couple weeks. Azzholes.
  • jennifer_417
    edited September 2015
    Options
    The first pocket I made...was sooo bad. I the rick rack was barely visible after I turned the pocket and I almost started to cry. I don't cry very often anymore but I felt so defeated. Then I was like, "It is your FIRST time!" I'm very hard on myself if I don't do things well the first time but I knew that all it takes is practice and I'll get better. Every time I make a mistake I just chalk it up to what NOT to do next time. I'm trying to take in the learning process without being discouraged. So far so good...except that first pocket debacle.

Art glass or "art glass"?

LOL, no, the actual decorative-type stuff. I'm not into the other thing AT ALL, but some of the pipes I've seen are really beautiful.

• jennifer_417
    Options
    SSP dumped me.

Angry, hurt, rejected. And strangely, a lot of pity for the poor man. He has to work with me at least 2 days every week, and the last time I was rejected out of the blue like this I lost 40 pounds.

So I guess I look forward to losing about 20-30 more pounds and he has to watch as I am successful in all of my endeavors. He will be feeling a lot of regret about he situation probably around early next year.

ETA: I was also really angry this morning and I worked out WAY harder than I should have. I've also been so pissed, I've gotten a LOT of work done today and I've only been on the clock an hour. I'm about to go do some more rounds.

Well, I'm sorry it didn't work out, and for the inevitable awkwardness that will come of it. But, I have to believe that something or someone who is even better for you will come along. You are sweet, hard-working, funny, and gorgeous. Someone else is bound to realize that!

• hamptontom
    hamptontom Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    Hey, night-shifters....I'm new to nights (a week and a half in), and relatively new to MFP. Somehow, I've been oblivious to this thread until now.

Is it ok if I don't go back and read the whole thing?
  • bethanie0825
    edited September 2015
    Options
    @lilaclovebird His loss!! I'm sorry it was outta the blue but boys suck, we should throw rocks at them.

@belimawr I don't know what those pastries are but they sound amazing!

Welcome to the thread!! Nah, you can probably just fall right on in with us. Unless you're bored and wanna go read our ramblings lol
  • jennifer_417
    Options
    hamptontom wrote: »
    Hey, night-shifters....I'm new to nights (a week and a half in), and relatively new to MFP. Somehow, I've been oblivious to this thread until now.

Is it ok if I don't go back and read the whole thing?

Nah, just jump right in and start oversharing. That's how we do!
  • belimawr
    belimawr Posts: 1,155 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    @bethanie0825 https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sfogliatelle#Regional_variations although the bakery I go to also fills them with canolli cream. They are shaped like lobster tails not like normal sfogliatelle.