Welcome to Fun and Games! Many of the discussions in this category are games based on responding to the most recent comment. Please take a moment to refresh the page and make sure you are replying to the most recent comment to keep the game going!

The official nightshift thread....

Options

Replies

• belimawr
    belimawr Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    I've got two 850 lumen lights on my bike for riding at night. :smile:

Yeah, I'm not so prepared. :) This was actually on a whim. The weather's sucked, I actually hadn't ridden the bike since May. I had gotten on the stationary and said "f*** it, let's ride the bike," and took it out. I have a light, it did fairly well, but I may have to get better. Like I said though, added to the fun not being able to see well.
  • BodyByBex
    BodyByBex Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    My allergies are NOT giving me any wiggle room today. One side of my face is on sinus lock down, the other side is running like a faucet left on. I wish my ears and eyes would stop itching and I am grateful that at least the headache is gone.

Survival game plan:
    -Get through work, however I need to do it.
    -Stay hydrated.
    -Get home safely, eat a mini frittata
    -Start laundry
    -Clean the ferret cage
    -Take the hottest, steamiest shower I can handle for about 20 minutes
    -Pass out naked in bed and sleep until the sun goes nova.
  • sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,244 Member
    Options
    No I won't diagnose your dog's problem over the phone. No I don't care if you have to drive all the way back to Bigfork to get the dog. No I won't call your vet at 1 AM and wake him up to ask what he thinks. If he wanted to talk about your dog at 1 AM he would have given you his number.
  • BodyByBex
    Options
    No I won't diagnose your dog's problem over the phone. No I don't care if you have to drive all the way back to Bigfork to get the dog. No I won't call your vet at 1 AM and wake him up to ask what he thinks. If he wanted to talk about your dog at 1 AM he would have given you his number.

I'm gonna have to go with "Really, bro?!"
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    They still haven't come in.
  • belimawr
    Options
    Then I guess it wasn't that bad, or they just don't care enough, eh?
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    Oh it's like the folks from last night. Their cat has been blocked for 24 hours and can't pee and they wanted to know if it could wait 24 hours until they could see their regular vet. I just wanted to say, "Let's put a clamp on your urethra and let you sit for 48 hours without peeing. Then tell me if you think it can wait.
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    Studying. Studying. Studying. Studying. Studying. Studying. Studying. Studying. Studying. Studying. Studying. Studying. Studying. Studying. Studying. Studying. Studying. Studying. Studying. Studying. Studying. Studying.

Ok, not really studying.
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    just barely hanging on.
  • cdmanney
    cdmanney Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Hey! I slept from 1am to 3:30am last night! Gonna try for 5 hours tonight! Woohoo!!! :D Seriously, good night y'all. I'm beat...zzzzzzz
  • jennifer_417
    Options
    just barely hanging on.
    Hang on...there's a bike ride comin'!
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    I'm not sure why, but I used to be able to live on four hours of sleep a night and now I'm struggling with 6 hours. I feel like I could use 10.
  • bethanie0825
    bethanie0825 Posts: 1,475 Member
    Options
    @sufferlandrian Yeah, seriously? People forget their pets are living, breathing things that can feel pain too.

What's sleep btw? I either can't get past 6 hours and it's a struggle. Or, I sleep 10-12hrs and can barely drag my butt out of bed.
  • belimawr
    edited September 2015
    Options
    @sufferlandrian Yeah, seriously? People forget their pets are living, breathing things that can feel pain too.

What's sleep btw? I either can't get past 6 hours and it's a struggle. Or, I sleep 10-12hrs and can barely drag my butt out of bed.

Six? Wow, you are my heroes.

Most days I am lucky to get four. Yesterday I got two, and have to work a reverse double today, so it will be same.

I do like the sound of that bike ride, although I know it wasn't directed at me. ;) After that 4am ride the other day, I am itching to do it again.
  • bethanie0825
    bethanie0825 Posts: 1,475 Member
    Options
    Maybe I can convince mu hubby to go get me a bike for a really early Christmas present. I live outside of town and people are always riding around here.
  • jennifer_417
    edited September 2015
    Options
    According to my FitBit, I've averaged 5 hrs 21 mins of sleep per night this week. I'm exhausted.
    I live in a great area for biking, and would love to get into it...just lack the funds at the moment.
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
  • BodyByBex
    Options
    I HAVE a bicycle...but it needs air put in the tires and for my lazy butt to get to it. I don't even think I own a bicycle pump anymore...pumping the tires full of air could count as enough exercise as a bike ride, couldn't it?

Speaking of treating your animals well, @sufferlandrian, our cat Shade came into the house on Wednesday night at about 7pm with some labored breathing. This morning she was breathing with an open mouth. We took her to the vet @ 8:30am on Thursday.
    Is open mouth breathing for a cat as bad as our vet said it was?
    They kept her over night for supervision and fluids/antibiotics because he said x-rays were expensive and "would only really tell us if it's something I can do nothing about". He said he'd rather be proactive about her treatment and start fluids/antibiotics right away.... We got a call before I left for choir practice saying she's doing better.

I find this perplexing because she had no fever and the blood work they did showed that she was a healthy normal cat other than the labored breathing. Could she have just gotten really dehydrated?
    They asked us about poisons, but the only stuff we put on our yard is grits for the ants.
    We do have neighbors who do not like animals but I don't think any would go so far as to poison the animals of others.
  • belimawr
    Options
    I had a coworker who had a dying dog, and the hospital kept it on machines for way longer than what seemed necessary, ran up a 10 grand bill just to tell her it should be put to sleep. I hate to say it with sufferlandrian here, some seem as crooked as human doctors.

A derailment, wall collapse and damaged trains... fun night!
  • BodyByBex
    Options
    I'm going with the thought that I might have a good one considering he talked us into NOT going with the expensive x-rays and going with the fluids/antibiotics which may be just as expensive but would actually potentially, and actually did, help our cat.
    This is also the same vet hospital that gave us Sandi's chances of living a normal and happy life after a major surgery vs the cost of the surgery. They asked us if the cost of this surgery and her being alive but not really living would be worth it to us.

The same people who eased us through the passing of our beloved Sandi and asked us if we needed anything or if one of the techs needed to drive us home because we were going through an unexpected emotional trauma of losing a family member(yes our pets are family).

We should be picking Shade up today. I'm probably going to ask WAY more questions than this vet wants, but even though I don't really like cats, Shade is family and I want to know as much information as I can get.