Welcome to Fun and Games! Many of the discussions in this category are games based on responding to the most recent comment. Please take a moment to refresh the page and make sure you are replying to the most recent comment to keep the game going!

The official nightshift thread....

Options

Replies

• bethanie0825
    bethanie0825 Posts: 1,475 Member
    Options
    That's awesome @Frankie_Felinius
  • BodyByBex
    BodyByBex Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    @Frankie_Felinius Your daughter is amazing. I am assuming you've taught her well because she loves and respects her body enough to treat it so good!

How RUDE of someone to invade your parasol?! WAY too close. Unless I offer you space under my umbrella-like area, do NOT jump up in my space!
  • Frankie_Felinius
    Frankie_Felinius Posts: 1,398 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    @Frankie_Felinius Your daughter is amazing. I am assuming you've taught her well because she loves and respects her body enough to treat it so good!

How RUDE of someone to invade your parasol?! WAY too close. Unless I offer you space under my umbrella-like area, do NOT jump up in my space!

She apparently takes well to "do as I say, not as I do"! Kiiidding. Kinda. She sees us eat healthy stuff all of the time. She sees us eat junk too, especially me...but she knows my lack of movement is more my issue with being overweight. Luckily, she likes to move. And...she does know I do stuff, like bike riding, tennis...when we go to pools/parks...I'm all over the stuff with her...not sitting on a bench on my phone. I'm just very sporadic...I'm either stagnant or going a million miles an hour. Bless my family's hearts...

But we have tried to teach her about smarter food choices and activity centered around feeling good and being healthy, not about appearance or vanity. I am very careful about not badmouthing myself around her (which made it easier in general, although I still struggle) and teaching her acceptance of all bodies...while not neglecting the fact that being fat isn't ideal. We just give her the facts of life...

• jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    Ok, what the freak is wrong with women's clothing sizes? I bought 2 pairs if underwear, same brand, same style, label reads the same size. Only difference is the color. But 1 pair is significantly bigger than the other. I know women's clothing tends to be inconsistently sized, but come on!
  • BodyByBex
    Options
    Ok, what the freak is wrong with women's clothing sizes? I bought 2 pairs if underwear, same brand, same style, label reads the same size. Only difference is the color. But 1 pair is significantly bigger than the other. I know women's clothing tends to be inconsistently sized, but come on!

This makes me nervous about buying any clothes....ever...
  • bethanie0825
    Options

I just bought a new pack, I cannot wait to open it up now lol. I hate women's sizing, it's all over the board.
  • Frankie_Felinius
    Options
    So the sketchy people I spoke of before...2nd shift told me the dude was with some chick here weeks ago and she got busted for coke. SHE called the police for some reason and admitted to taking a whiff prior. 2nd shift saw the officer pull a bag out of her purse in the lobby. Tonight, the guy comes down wanting to extend their stay. He then tells me how much the chick likes my style and asks if I can give him the line up of the upcoming burlesque shows. Ha! I told him I have nothing to do with the local burlesque shows. He was dumbfounded. I brought my fiancé to a show a few years ago (his first and only time at any kind of titty show/bar...and I had to get him drunk first...he's such a gentleman.) but I do not have the chutzpah to participate!!! But I'm flattered, really. I didn't tell him any of that...just that I have no association with it. I don't think it is odd when people think that, of course but I do think it is odd that people think that because I have tattoos and weird hair that I'm "cool". Like, cool with people doing shady shizz. I'm not. I mean, I've had friends who were super shady...I have a...uh...checkered past...and frankly, I have a relatively Libertarian-esque view on things like drugs and prostitution. I know they aren't great...but if you aren't bothering anyone (and yes, I know drugs/prostitution hurt more than the users/doers) it really isn't my place to do anything about it...and I don't really have any proof. If I believe a guest is infringing on another or obviously compromising safety, I will be proactive...but that doesn't mean I'm "cool". You give me reason, I'll show you how not "cool" I am...
  • Frankie_Felinius
    Options

That would be convenient for me. I fluctuate like crazy. I don't wear reggie underwear but I do have my "fat" spanx, my "thinner" spanx, spanx that are pre-pregnancy...lol.

• BodyByBex
    edited September 2015
    Options
    I would just ignore the first 54 seconds and CAUTION: there may be some fat shaming in this video.

https://youtu.be/ZmiwGPvdxdQ

ETA: "Shout out to clothing companies: Come on, dude. Come on!"
  • Frankie_Felinius
    Options
    Onision cracks me up. He is offensive but if you watch several of his videos...he is pretty sensitive to the plights of others...oddly enough, he preaches acceptance of people and being nice...in a really weird way...
  • BodyByBex
    Options
    So the sketchy people I spoke of before...2nd shift told me the dude was with some chick here weeks ago and she got busted for coke. SHE called the police for some reason and admitted to taking a whiff prior. 2nd shift saw the officer pull a bag out of her purse in the lobby. Tonight, the guy comes down wanting to extend their stay. He then tells me how much the chick likes my style and asks if I can give him the line up of the upcoming burlesque shows. Ha! I told him I have nothing to do with the local burlesque shows. He was dumbfounded. I brought my fiancé to a show a few years ago (his first and only time at any kind of titty show/bar...and I had to get him drunk first...he's such a gentleman.) but I do not have the chutzpah to participate!!! But I'm flattered, really. I didn't tell him any of that...just that I have no association with it. I don't think it is odd when people think that, of course but I do think it is odd that people think that because I have tattoos and weird hair that I'm "cool". Like, cool with people doing shady shizz. I'm not. I mean, I've had friends who were super shady...I have a...uh...checkered past...and frankly, I have a relatively Libertarian-esque view on things like drugs and prostitution. I know they aren't great...but if you aren't bothering anyone (and yes, I know drugs/prostitution hurt more than the users/doers) it really isn't my place to do anything about it...and I don't really have any proof. If I believe a guest is infringing on another or obviously compromising safety, I will be proactive...but that doesn't mean I'm "cool". You give me reason, I'll show you how not "cool" I am...

Sex work and consensual trade are different than trafficking.
    I straight up and out think sex work(consensual) should be regulated and legal.
    They should have typical labor protections that everyone else has.
    They should be better able to negotiate condom usage, to enforce their rules, turn down clients, and speak to healthcare professionals.
    No one should be ashamed of what they choose to do for a living, be it a temporary or permanent career path.

The end.
  • BodyByBex
    Options
    Onision cracks me up. He is offensive but if you watch several of his videos...he is pretty sensitive to the plights of others...oddly enough, he preaches acceptance of people and being nice...in a really weird way...

He's ALL about vegetarians and loves 'chubby' women(Like REALLY finds them hot) and his wife is pescatarian. So he does actually really accept people.
  • Frankie_Felinius
    Options
    Agree 100% on the first post. On the 2nd...I remember when I found him, I binge watched a ton of his vids...at first I was like, what a dick (a hilarious dick) but he has a kind heart...deep down under that sense of humor...
  • bethanie0825
    edited September 2015
    Options
    That video was awesome, lol I'd never watched him before. He has a new fan.
  • sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,244 Member
    Options
    I've decided 12 yr old kids should be trusted with a Surface Pro. Now it has 171 programs running in the background and I'm having to track them down and find out which are supposed to be running and which are malware and get rid of them. :frowning:
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    I've decided 12 yr old kids should be trusted with a Surface Pro. Now it has 171 programs running in the background and I'm having to track them down and find out which are supposed to be running and which are malware and get rid of them. :frowning:

Oops! :s
  • bethanie0825
    Options
    Oy
  • belimawr
    belimawr Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    hey hey, how was everyone's weekend? back to work here... ugh

walked in the door, and the guy i relieved hits me with "you need to come in four hours early tomorrow i have something to do" "that's my sleep time" "what do you need sleep for? i need the time, and it's overtime for you"

Of course I'll be here, I'm an idiot.

On the plus side, I found something that takes my mind off of stress and crap. Monday morning I went for a bike ride on the trails by my house. On the segment I normally don't take and am unfamiliar with. At 4:30am. Twenty miles round trip in the dark.

For once my mind was not on the *kitten* I put up with other people, which my mind is always on about and never lets go.

It was on not getting killed. :smiley:

One bad thing about not being able to see is: going around a sharp curve. One minor thing: Not seeing the bumps and uneven surface ahead of time... so I couldn't prepare myself... my rear end is still a bit sore.

zbo02c5zizr1.jpg
    wvk3mf1u8wfp.jpg
  • sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,244 Member
    Options
    I've got two 850 lumen lights on my bike for riding at night. :smile:
  • bethanie0825
    Options
    Whatever takes your mind off stupid people, lol. That's awesome