• jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    Goooood morning!

Ohai! *waves*
  • Frankie_Felinius
    Frankie_Felinius Posts: 1,398 Member
    Options
    Whenever I've been at a weight/size that was in my goal weight frame...I was always hungry...sad but true...
  • BodyByBex
    BodyByBex Posts: 3,685 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    According to statistics, 1 in every 4-6 women will be raped in her lifetime.

I would love to see the data for this claim.

It was an article published in the NYtimes that said 20% of women will be sexually assaulted in their lifetime. One in Five women will be sexually assaulted. You can google it. It's easy to find. You would have to look at the references in the article to see how they came up with that number but it was based off some estimates that said if a certain number of women are reporting sexual assault, there are probably a bunch more that are embarrassed or afraid to report it.

The flip side of that is when a girl claims a guy assaulted her just to get back at him for not continuing a relationship or rejecting her and they find the guy not guilty, it makes it harder for women who really were assaulted to come forward because they know they will be ridiculed to try to discredit them. All it takes is a couple of liars to make it very hard for those who were really assaulted. It also makes it very hard on the guy because even though he was innocent, he will always have a charge of sexual assault on his record.

This RUINS LIVES. There are so many women who just do NOT think this through.

I don't understand why people can't be grown-ups and own up to their actions. Just be like "Yeah, I had sex with So-and-so. I regret it, but live and learn right? I walked into the situation knowing what I was doing and was a willing participant. Had I a do-over for that situation, I would probably skip it, but I don't and there it is." Instead they get all ornery about it and cry rape when really, they're just being childish and dumb.

In addition, an intoxicated person can not give consent. So on the ONE hand, people should not take advantage of other people who happen to be intoxicated.

On the OTHER hand, some people who attempt consensual drunk sex should just get over it and be like, "Yeah, I was under the influence and did it with So-and-so. I regret it, but at the time, my dumb drunk azz thought it was a good idea. Learning as I go here, same as everyone else."

Ugh. I just don't get it. Have I slept with some people I regret sleeping with, GOD YES. But I never once thought "I would never sleep with this person WILLINGLY or SOBER so it HAD to have been rape and I'm going to tell everyone it was!"
    No. Because I'm an adult and I recognize that my dumb azz does some stupid shizz and I learn from it and MOVE ON.
    Same thing as the Thursday this week when I ate 2 pork chops, a boat load of mashed potatoes, and a half a pizza.
    Log it, regret it a little, learn from it, and MOVE ON!

• BodyByBex
    Options
    Whenever I've been at a weight/size that was in my goal weight frame...I was always hungry...sad but true...

I am getting this way... See above post about pork chops and pizza. But I blame the weight lifting. I swear, I am not losing a POUND but I've lost some inches and I'm eating more than my allotted calories damn near EVERY DAY...ugh...

I could ALSO blame pizza/pork binge on ToM.
  • BodyByBex
    Options
    OH! And men get raped too. By other men, or by women. It's horrifying. And of course because of the way society is, "Men are strong" and even by federal definition "Men can't get raped" unless it involves some orifice of theirs being penetrated.
    The stigma they have to face and the courage they need to come forward and say they were taken advantage of is WAY worse. At least women are perceived as 'the weaker sex'(GOD I HATE typing THAT) so we're 'naturally' more likely to be taken advantage of. :confounded:

Then this whole femi-nazi thing about women having all these problems that men don't. GET OVER YOUR DAMN SELVES. We each have our own problems for each gender.

And @Frankie_Felinius I saw your instagram post where you said you were a 'bad feminist' because you objectify women. You're not, because I know you objectify men too. So in that way, you are an EXCELLENT feminist because you objectify both sexes. #Equality.
  • Frankie_Felinius
    Options
    I DO objectify both sexes! Hahaha! No need to feel bad after all! (Not that I did but I felt like I should...)
  • BodyByBex
    Options
    God dammit... I was SO ready to get back on the wagon...someone put tamales in the fridge and put "FREE!" on one side of the container and "EAT ME!" on the other....

I'm SO temped to just put my chicken and veggies back in the fridge and eat nothing but tamales...
  • Frankie_Felinius
    Options
    When tamales are at my disposal...that is just about all I eat until they are gone. My mouth is watering right now...
  • BodyByBex
    Options
    When tamales are at my disposal...that is just about all I eat until they are gone. My mouth is watering right now...

So I ate two. Logged them and now I'm REALLY struggling through my chicken and veggies...UGH!....
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options

I am getting this way... See above post about pork chops and pizza. But I blame the weight lifting. I swear, I am not losing a POUND but I've lost some inches and I'm eating more than my allotted calories damn near EVERY DAY...ugh...

I add in exercise to give me extra calories, also water. Many times for me I feel hungry, drink a bit of water, and the feelings of hunger go away.
  • BodyByBex
    edited February 2016
    Options
    lacroyx wrote: »

I add in exercise to give me extra calories, also water. Many times for me I feel hungry, drink a bit of water, and the feelings of hunger go away.

I don't worry about the exercise currently, my fitbit auto adjusts for me and that does all right.

I drink about 128-148 ounces of water a day.

I wake up out of a DEAD SLEEP hungry as hell. I chug some water as soon as I wake up and give myself 20-30 minutes to establish if I'm ACTUALLY hungry.

The only solution I can think of is to change what I eat and when I eat it.
    The biggest problem time I see is right after I workout. I will get home, eat something (usually chicken breast on corn tortillas), workout, and then go to bed.
    I'm going to change that to add a protein shake right before I go to sleep today and see if that helps.
  • sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,205 Member
    Options

There are days when I just can't keep from eating everything I see. Other days I am well under control. The days I work out the hardest are the days that seem the most easy to control my food intake.
  • bethanie0825
    bethanie0825 Posts: 1,474 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Morning!!!

@lilaclovebird What do you have your activity level set at? Maybe you need to up it to account for the weightlifting? Just a thought :)

**The days I work out hard are the days I'm usually starving so I totally understand
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    Just work out until you're ready to puke. It is a really good appetite suppressant. Just kidding. :smile:
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    Just work out until you're ready to puke. It is a really good appetite suppressant. Just kidding. :smile:

I actually had to change my timing of my meals because of that. I found out early on I have to stop eating at least 1.5 hrs before a planned work out or otherwise I get sick. Even from something with low intensity as walking upsets my stomach.
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    Read an article on a fitness page that said that men lose more weight working out on an empty stomach. Women lose more weight working out with something on their stomach. Don't know how true that is, but I tried not having food on my stomach and it seems to be helping.
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    I used to regularly used to put in 90 mins on the elliptical w/out puking, I don't think I have that kind of time!
  • BodyByBex
    Options
    Morning!!!

@lilaclovebird What do you have your activity level set at? Maybe you need to up it to account for the weightlifting? Just a thought :)

**The days I work out hard are the days I'm usually starving so I totally understand

I kept getting told by other MFP lifters that I might be eating too little anyway. So perhaps I'm not accounting enough for the lifting. I was also told that I shouldn't really worry too much until I've had the fitbit for a month and can see some real patterns.

In addition, I haven't lost any weight this month, but I HAVE lost inches.

1.5 off my bust (please let me shrink a cup size)
    .5 off my waist
    .5 off my hips
    1.5 off of EACH THIGH

and nothing off of my calves..I am doomed/gifted to forever have large calves. :neutral:
  • Frankie_Felinius
    Options
    When I was a teen I had itty bitty titties. When I was about 20 or so I started gaining weight and also started getting boobs because of it. When I lost weight (the first time) I was so scared my boobs would disappear....they didn't!

What really killed 'em (not that they were great before anyway) was pregnancy/nursing... :s

Buuut, slap on a bra, pop them flapjacks in and no one is the wiser B)

I'm allll about that false advertising.

• Frankie_Felinius
    Options
    Titties? I can use the words titties? Hahahahahaha! Got you over on you, mfp!