The official nightshift thread....

Options

Replies

• bethanie0825
    bethanie0825 Posts: 1,475 Member
    Options
    I do not miss dating one bit. I was dreading getting back into the dating game after my divorce. I was very lucky my now hubby asked me out. We'd been co-workers, then friends already. I couldn't imagine doing it again.

As for fridge drama, we had a bout of it in December. Our schedule means we work every other weekend, Fri-Sunday. The dayshift Sgt took it upon himself to clean the fridge out Sunday mornings which was fine except he'd throw me and my partner's food away when we had to work Sunday night. And this happened more than once. It's been solved now that everyone except 911 has moved into the new PD. We move week after next but we have our own fridge. Patrol and everyone else has to use the breakroom upstairs.

I'm absolutely convinced that once we hit high school, most people never get past that stage lol.
  • fireguy262
    fireguy262 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    yea we now share our fridge with the rest of the sheriffs dept since they moved everyone into the same building. im pretty sure the memo of Saturday cleanup only went to communications though
  • bethanie0825
    Options
    Because no one else is leaving their gross stuff in there...our regular staff were the ones leaving their stuff in there week to week.

At my other department, we had one breakroom and one fridge. They decided communications had to clean it out each week. Nice huh?
  • Frankie_Felinius
    Frankie_Felinius Posts: 1,398 Member
    Options
    There is only five of us sharing our little fridge so it stays relatively tidy. Every once in awhile something gets funky because something gets forgotten about, like a little cup o' salad dressing or a yogurt no one thinks is theirs...but I think we've all been the culprit...no one is an obvious repeat offender.
  • Frankie_Felinius
    edited January 2016
    Options
    This was a double post from the previous one.

But I will take this time to mention how much I want some bacon right now. I swear I smell it (weird because there isn't any bacon anywhere around me that I'm aware of) and it is making me want some. I stopped eating vegan/dairy/gluten-free because after three weeks I ate a bunch of "offenders" and had no tummy troubles. So now (for the most part) I'm focusing on whole, fresh stuff...still pretty vegetarian (except for bacon cheeseburgers sometimes!). My stress is through the roof so my tum still feels icky no matter what it seems but the bowel type trouble is not nearly as bad. I know bacon isn't a whole fresh stuff buuuuuut...

Bacon.
  • Frankie_Felinius
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Aren't you in Montana @sufferlandrian? I'm watching a documentary on the YouTubes right now about the meth problem there. Didn't know it had meth problems but sheesh, does it! I live in IL (IA used to be #1 meth state) and I remember in my early 20s, I had to move back to my small town & a LOT of people in my age group did meth. Ugh. I remember this one guy I'd get high with (pot high, not meth high) asked me to go out on the porch when this dude was coming over in a few minutes. At least he was nice enough to alert me that they'd be puffin' lightbulbs and he knew I wasn't cool with that shizz. I had to quit being buds with him at that point. I did drugs in my teens/early 20s but I never touched meth...
  • BodyByBex
    BodyByBex Posts: 3,685 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    I'm curious...you said you kinda liked him before you even saw him. What was it about him that drew you to him initially? Before he revealed his true colors... >:)

He SEEMED open minded and smart. There were hints of old Douche Canoe personality traits that were there and I SAW them but I tried not to compare what I hoped would be 2 totally different people.

Then on the date, it hit me. All of his playful flirting, intellectual conversation over the phone, it was all an act, same with Douche Canoe. Except Douche Canoe could actually lie to my face and project everything I wanted to see, while simultaneously getting me to ignore all warning signs of potential crazy.

There were parts of the conversations where, with the way he said something, I could have ignored WHAT he was saying and been happy with the attention/backhanded compliments. So I'm not sure if he's just terrible at hiding who he is in person, or maybe after dealing with Douche Canoe I can see it better.

The ones that threw me off were, in text messages he said seeing my fitbit would give him an excuse to touch me and I said no touching. His response was "I'll do whatever I want.....and you'll like it! :wink: "
    There was another instance but I can't remember right now.

I thought it was cute but super alarming at the same time. It's something I would appreciate being said from a long-term boyfriend, but not someone I had yet to even meet.

I guess the biggest difference is, I'm over 2 years past my initial filing for divorce, over 1 year past it's finalization, and I'm just not feeling desperate.

ETA: I remember now. Both Douche Canoe and him were very explicit on stating that they do NOT do sex on the first date. Then, it was like that was specifically what he was after. He couldn't WAIT to get me out of that coffee spot/bar(yes it was both). As a new rule, I think I will avoid anyone who feels the need to say/type that.
  • Frankie_Felinius
    Options
    Yeah. That's weirdo shizz. Like you said, long-term bf...whatever...but someone you just met?? It baffles me sometimes that men (not all men so don't get your man panties in a bunch over this) are completely clueless as to how scary it can be to be a chick sometimes. I believe I've complained about it on here before how if I got into a employee only type of room here at work to get a male guest a blanket or whatever and they come in AFTER me?? No, mothertrucker...you don't do that. And they'd say "Well, I didn't even think about it." That is the problem...you don't even think about that kind of stuff. We do. We have to. According to statistics, 1 in every 4-6 women will be raped in her lifetime. How many mothers, aunts, sisters, grandmas and daughters does each person know? Look at those chances. We don't know who is a weirdo and who isn't. We think about it all of the time...well not all of the time but if you are smart you are at least aware all of the time.

I can't believe he masqueraded as a nice smart dude and then what? Figured once you were on the date and he acted like that, you'd be fine with it?? Smh...
  • bethanie0825
    Options
    He was probably hoping you'd keep being charmed and not be smart enough to pick up on his game. Sounds like he was snake in the grass.
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    I generally find that the more time a person spends telling you they are NOT a certain way, the more likely it is that they ARE that way.
  • jennifer_417
    Options
    And holy crap I just realized how cynical that sounds....but I can't truthfully take it back, either.
  • Frankie_Felinius
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Cynicism...or experience? I call that just being "ruul".
  • A_Patient_Wolf
    A_Patient_Wolf Posts: 1,347 Member
    Options
    According to statistics, 1 in every 4-6 women will be raped in her lifetime.

I´m sorry, what?
  • jennifer_417
    Options

I´m sorry, what?

Excuse you?
  • A_Patient_Wolf
    Options

I would love to see the data for this claim.
  • jennifer_417
    Options

I would love to see the data for this claim.

Go look it up, then. It's not that hard to find.
  • A_Patient_Wolf
    Options
    When I google "rape statistics", I see equal articles claiming this figure, and discussing how this figure is at best fudged, misleading, and even simply false.

I´m simply asking @Frankie_Felinius where I can see these statistics, please and thank you.

• jennifer_417
    Options
    When I google "rape statistics", I see equal articles claiming this figure, and discussing how this figure is at best fudged, misleading, and even simply false.

I´m simply asking @Frankie_Felinius where I can see these statistics, please and thank you.

The thing is, you're not "simply" doing anything, since you can clearly find the statistics for your yourself. What you're trying to do is question her credibility. If you choose not to believe the statistics, then you are free to do so.
    Please and thank you.
  • A_Patient_Wolf
    Options
    @Frankie_Felinius Can you point me in the right direction?
  • A_Patient_Wolf
    Options
    If you choose not to believe the statistics, then you are free to do so.
    Please and thank you.

But not vocally, right?