Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

The official nightshift thread....

Replies

• Frankie_Felinius
    Frankie_Felinius Posts: 1,398 Member
    Wow. Just wow. My jaw actually dropped reading that...
  • sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,244 Member
    Boy, he was really picking the things in your life one by one wasn't he. :smile: Guess we know who isn't getting a second date. Did you tell him you wish his IQ was at least half what he weighed?
  • Frankie_Felinius
    Yesterday I noticed our poor poochie had flaking yellow crust on his poor balding back. So I google it. Mange. He's been tested for mange before but it sounds like it is pretty tough to get a positive result. I swear, if it has been mange this whole time...
  • Frankie_Felinius
    I'm curious...you said you kinda liked him before you even saw him. What was it about him that drew you to him initially? Before he revealed his true colors... >:)
  • bethanie0825
    bethanie0825 Posts: 1,486 Member
    WTF???? Way to make a first impression that turned into a last impression. Wow.
  • sufferlandrian
    Yesterday I noticed our poor poochie had flaking yellow crust on his poor balding back. So I google it. Mange. He's been tested for mange before but it sounds like it is pretty tough to get a positive result. I swear, if it has been mange this whole time...

Yellow crusting skin on the balding back sounds more like a staph infection. How old is he again?
  • sufferlandrian
    I'm glad I'm not dating anymore. Some people really misrepresent themselves before you start actually going out on dates.
  • Frankie_Felinius
    He's just about 4.

I am sooo glad I'm not dating either. I think we all misrepresent ourselves to an extent when we date at first though...the real you comes out I say between year 3-5...just my experience but then again...I've only had the one. I think my problem as a singleton would be that I'd be too quick to shut people down. Waaaay too picky but then expect people to deal with my crazy.
  • Frankie_Felinius
    Everytime he is on a course of prednisone and anitbiotics, he improves but it alwaaaaays comes back. The cats are balding near their tail bases now too...
  • sufferlandrian
    If it was mange, Prednisone would make it worse and antibiotics wouldn't help. Antibiotics would make it better if it were staph. If it is an allergy related problem, it will always come back once the prednisone is done. What antihistamines have you tried?
  • Frankie_Felinius
    Diphenylhydramine but he doesn't tolerate it well. We tried loratadine with no luck.
  • sufferlandrian
    What about Zyrtec. Not the Zyrtec D, just the Zyrtec. Have you tried that yet?
  • fireguy262
    fireguy262 Posts: 263 Member
    party was a bust....who the hell eats dinner at 11pm. we left before it was served, but thank god the cocktail hour food was good
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    edited January 2016
    Seriously, why can't people just be responsible for their own food, so the fridge never gets to that point in the first place?

It's gotten to be one of the unwritten rules at work. If the night crew spots something questionable in the fridge, it's going to be thrown out. Especially on the weekends.

I went through this a while ago and never going to do this again. Few years ago strange smells were coming from the fridge. Found the source, it was tossed out by one of my night shift coworkers, it was some science plant experiment thing ( I believe it was originally yogurt), few days later there was an email sent out to all the backshift crew stating not to toss things out anymore. It's gotten bad enough, the smell nowadays, that I rarely store things in it anymore. If I bring things that need to be kept cold, I pack it in a small cooler with the ice gel packs.
  • fireguy262
    lacroyx wrote: »
    I went through this a while ago and never going to do this again. Few years ago strange smells were coming from the fridge. Found the source, it was tossed out by one of my night shift coworkers, it was some science plant experiment thing ( I believe it was originally yogurt), few days later there was an email sent out to all the backshift crew stating not to toss things out anymore. It's gotten bad enough, the smell nowadays, that I rarely store things in it anymore. If I bring things that need to be kept cold, I pack it in a small cooler with the ice gel packs.

yea its been a few times with use....we have 3 shifts of about 25 people each, and I feel like some people just leave food in there for weeks on end because they are too lazy to take it home. its bad when 1 of the supervisors needs to make an official memo about it

• Frankie_Felinius
    No Zyrtec yet.

We have our (third) first appt with the vet on Monday.
  • bethanie0825
    I do not miss dating one bit. I was dreading getting back into the dating game after my divorce. I was very lucky my now hubby asked me out. We'd been co-workers, then friends already. I couldn't imagine doing it again.

As for fridge drama, we had a bout of it in December. Our schedule means we work every other weekend, Fri-Sunday. The dayshift Sgt took it upon himself to clean the fridge out Sunday mornings which was fine except he'd throw me and my partner's food away when we had to work Sunday night. And this happened more than once. It's been solved now that everyone except 911 has moved into the new PD. We move week after next but we have our own fridge. Patrol and everyone else has to use the breakroom upstairs.

I'm absolutely convinced that once we hit high school, most people never get past that stage lol.
  • fireguy262
    yea we now share our fridge with the rest of the sheriffs dept since they moved everyone into the same building. im pretty sure the memo of Saturday cleanup only went to communications though
  • bethanie0825
    Because no one else is leaving their gross stuff in there...our regular staff were the ones leaving their stuff in there week to week.

At my other department, we had one breakroom and one fridge. They decided communications had to clean it out each week. Nice huh?
  • Frankie_Felinius
    There is only five of us sharing our little fridge so it stays relatively tidy. Every once in awhile something gets funky because something gets forgotten about, like a little cup o' salad dressing or a yogurt no one thinks is theirs...but I think we've all been the culprit...no one is an obvious repeat offender.