Welcome to Fun and Games! Many of the discussions in this category are games based on responding to the most recent comment. Please take a moment to refresh the page and make sure you are replying to the most recent comment to keep the game going!

The official nightshift thread....

Options

Replies

• Loves2Lift
    Loves2Lift Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    cindytw wrote: »
    ka26dlror03m.jpg
    I'm dying. It's a slow night and I didn't get any sleep earlier. Thank goodness for TV and "A Fish Called Wanda" :smile:

Awww I hope it picks up for you!
    LosinIt84 wrote: »
    Checking in for the night...st pattys kicked my booty so it's gonna be a long one

Ooh!! Had fun??

This one is for you boo

We have one guy that is like this for SURE!! He is even nice on the overnight...but come 3-4pm...he wants to kill us all!! He's 89 with dementia!

Ahhh! God love the sundowners....
  • tattooedvegan216
    tattooedvegan216 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    cindytw wrote: »
    ka26dlror03m.jpg
    I'm dying. It's a slow night and I didn't get any sleep earlier. Thank goodness for TV and "A Fish Called Wanda" :smile:

Awww I hope it picks up for you!
    Checking in for the night...st pattys kicked my booty so it's gonna be a long one

Ooh!! Had fun??

This one is for you boo

We have one guy that is like this for SURE!! He is even nice on the overnight...but come 3-4pm...he wants to kill us all!! He's 89 with dementia!

Ahhh! God love the sundowners....

Next week is your days week?!?! What am I going to do without you!! I seriously don't know how you do it..i would want to die flip flopping like that...plus the day people are weird lol
  • sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,244 Member
    Options
    I tried the flip flopping. That was terrible. Sorry you'll be doing that. Well, my night picked up but the result is a dead dog with cancer in the abdomen. I really feel bad for the owners. They've had this dog for 12 years and just tonight he was full of pep and energy. The cancer made his stomach flip and bloat. I could fix the stomach, but not the cancer that made it happen in the first place.
  • cindytw
    cindytw Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    I agree flip flopping is awful! I am usually evenings. Then pick up overnights as I want nd need to. Days have it SO easy in my place...they all go to day programs, so they deal with them at most 3 hours! We have at least 6 hours to deal with madness and they are tired and pissed off then!!
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    Three more hours and I'm out of here! :-) It's supposed to hit almost 60 today so I'm going bike riding. :smile:
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    Had a great ride today. The weather was mid 40's, light wind and lots of sunshine. Now back to work and reality.
  • cindytw
    cindytw Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    Working tonight and then a double tomorrow. So far going well, nice and quiet! Hope everyone is having a good shift!
  • Call_Me_BIGDADDY
    Call_Me_BIGDADDY Posts: 2,016 Member
    Options
    I love the night shift! Always more laid back B)
  • Call_Me_BIGDADDY
    Call_Me_BIGDADDY Posts: 2,016 Member
    Options
    I love the night shift! Always more laid back B)
  • tattooedvegan216
    Options
    Checking in late tonight! Tons and tons of paperwork :\ but getting through it and excited for my morning workout!!
  • fatjon73
    fatjon73 Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Dam I have just finished my week of nights....does that count me out now till Monday night???

I work 4 Nights a week in a bloody chocolate factory making different selections of sweets.........I need all the help I can get to keep me away from the chocolates.........could be worse.....could be a beer factory though ;)
  • tattooedvegan216
    Options
    fatjon73 wrote: »
    Dam I have just finished my week of nights....does that count me out now till Monday night???

I work 4 Nights a week in a bloody chocolate factory making different selections of sweets.........I need all the help I can get to keep me away from the chocolates.........could be worse.....could be a beer factory though ;)
    That sounds like the best job ever lmao
    And no you are always welcome to chat! I still drop by on my nights off sometimes
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    The chocolate would be worse for me than the beer.
  • belimawr
    belimawr Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    Hey guys, just found this discussion. I work nights in NYC, unfortunately not in a chocolate or beer factory (though I brew at home).
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    I'm not sure if working in a chocolate factory would be a great job or just too much of a temptation to buy the discount stuff every day and eat my way to 500 lbs. I'm pretty sure I would be type 2 diabetic. :smile:
  • tattooedvegan216
    Options
    belimawr wrote: »
    Hey guys, just found this discussion. I work nights in NYC, unfortunately not in a chocolate or beer factory (though I brew at home).
    That's pretty badass!
  • fatjon73
    Options
    I'm not sure if working in a chocolate factory would be a great job or just too much of a temptation to buy the discount stuff every day and eat my way to 500 lbs. I'm pretty sure I would be type 2 diabetic. :smile:

it is very easy to eat the choc TBH.....I have easy access to at least 8 varieties possible 12 if I go looking....we also make Easter eggs, after dinner mints, choc biscuit bars and are about to start making a new product later this year for you yank lot.....its a peanut butter cup......not tried one myself as I don't like PB with Choc.....(animals)........working with it does stop you eating it though.......in the quantities you think you might......although the first year or 2 was heaven.....lol....they say you get sick of it....well 7 yrs in and I could still eat them every day......but I am on a mission to lose my Beer belly (hence the beer factory reference...lol) so my mind is currently stronger than my belly.....4 yrs ago I lost 5 stone using MFP...that when I ate the sweets a lot too....my work mates used to say I need to be scanned before I leave site to account for all the missing sweets in a shift.....*kitten*....lol.....anyway for my what I did was I sucked a polo instead....it don't like mints with choc either.....so a mint is better than 3 chocs in my book......half a pack to a pack of mints a night was a fraction of my sweet intake......only issue now is once I have one......well.....so I don't eat that first one at work......at worst...I take 3 with me to the locker room to eat....then have water......gets it out my system...lol.....now I am not sure what my will power would be like at a beer factory....but I would probably go home pissed most nights...or with a bucket under my arm for later at least......
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    I'm tired, and back on shift with nothing that I want to eat. That's not a good combination.
  • fatjon73
    Options
    if you have the room maybe now is the best time to eat a chocolate bar....something with fruit and nuts in too if you have vending ??? give you a boost / a treat and stay under goal too maybe...not sre on your day...
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    I have the room but no chocolate. :frowning: I'll get some later tonight. Now you have me drooling. :smile:

Just finished putting a bladder back together on a dog. I love surgery!! Now I'm pumped up and ready to face the night. :smiley: