Welcome to Fun and Games! Many of the discussions in this category are games based on responding to the most recent comment. Please take a moment to refresh the page and make sure you are replying to the most recent comment to keep the game going!

The official nightshift thread....

Options

Replies

• cindytw
    cindytw Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    Almost 11 hours down, 6 to go!! I am actually feeling pretty decent! Sipping coffee, and getting up and moving around if I start getting tired. Can't wait until I get off shift tomorrow night for my weekend!

@fatjon73, I think the smell of the chocolate would make me sick after a while. After I ate enough to make myself sick too! :p
  • sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,201 Member
    Options
    @Cindytw - Eating enough chocolate to get sick? Is that possible? I would go into a food coma first and wake up like a meth addict looking for more. :laugh:
  • cindytw
    Options
    @fatjon73 Haha!! I do actually get sick from too much sweets, I am more of a fried food type of girl!
  • Tzinn1992
    Tzinn1992 Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    What's up night owls
  • belimawr
    belimawr Posts: 1,155 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Ugh, this is the night from hell, it just won't stop...

On top of that Saturday is a day I can never sleep and end up awake 24 hours or more...

I could use some chocolate, but I would totally blow my goals...
  • fatjon73
    fatjon73 Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    morning all.....how many had chocolate last night because of me???...lol I can feel a ban coming on from MFP for secretly dealing chocolates on the street corners.....
  • fatjon73
    Options
    @cindytw in Scotland they do deep fried mars bars.......you cover a mars bar in batter and deep fry it...like we do our Fish and chips.......would that suit you more???
  • fatjon73
    Options
  • belimawr
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I dunno if it's just me but that just sounds unappealing.

My chocolate of choice is dark chocolate covered espresso beans. After that any really dark chocolates 70% and up.

tying bet and chocolate there's a chocolate stout I haven't tried it yet though.
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    I confess. I ran to the store and grabbed some chocolate. :smile: Dark Chocolate 80% is Kryptonite
  • belimawr
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I confess. I ran to the store and grabbed some chocolate. :smile: Dark Chocolate 80% is Kryptonite

Now... should I even suggest... let it melt in your mouth while driving a good coffee. :-)

• cindytw
    edited March 2015
    Options
    @fatjon73, NO I would throw up! That sounds disgusting! Now, I would eat my body weight in fish and chips...and anything else like that!

But after all this I DID buy a Lilys dark chocolate bar (stevia sweetened).
  • cindytw
    Options
    So, I am off work, I was EXHAUSTED when I got home at around 10pm, WHY am I wide awake now??!

• sufferlandrian
    Options
    @Cindytw - I hate when that happens. :smile:
  • missymc65
    missymc65 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I'm a night shifter! Off tonight...but mentally preparing for the next 4 nights! ;)
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    I'm just trying to get through records. I haven't even begun to think about tomorrow. :laugh:
  • missymc65
    missymc65 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    What do you do sufferlandrian?
  • cindytw
    Options
    @sufferlandrian, I finally crashed and slept almost ALL of Sunday and 10 hours Monday! I am worried I won't sleep tonight, I am on 12p-8p until Friday!

Welcome @missymc65!
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    @missymc65‌ - I'm a veterinarian at an ER facility.

@ Cindytw - I'm laughing. :laugh: I've been there and done that. Just watch a couple of infomercials. That will put you to sleep quickly. :smile:
  • fatjon73
    Options
    @cindytw did you use that awake time wisely though??? did you eat fried shite?? or workout?? or just veg???