Welcome to Fun and Games! Many of the discussions in this category are games based on responding to the most recent comment. Please take a moment to refresh the page and make sure you are replying to the most recent comment to keep the game going!

The official nightshift thread....

Options

Replies

• fatjon73
    fatjon73 Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    I've already had to tell one client that can't sleep in the run with their pet. Is it a full moon yet?

errr did you not slag a doctor off for not letting a dogs owner do that yesterday???

I bet your the type that shouts at the kids for drinking straight from the milk carton....then does it yourself......
  • sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,244 Member
    Options
    fatjon73 wrote: »
    I've already had to tell one client that can't sleep in the run with their pet. Is it a full moon yet?

errr did you not slag a doctor off for not letting a dogs owner do that yesterday???

I bet your the type that shouts at the kids for drinking straight from the milk carton....then does it yourself......

LOL. No, I don't drink from the carton either. :smile:
  • cindytw
    cindytw Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    Well, I made it!! 18 hours down and now have my second wind! @sufferlandrian‌, I looked it up the full moon is next weekend!
  • sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,244 Member
    Options
    Oh dear. That's going to suck. Maybe I can get them all out of the way this weekend. :smile:
  • cindytw
    Options
    @sufferlandrian, I know!! I thought it was this weekend by the behavior I was dealing with but nope, next weekend when we are really short staffed!! Great...
  • fatjon73
    Options
    fatjon73 wrote: »

LOL. No, I don't drink from the carton either. :smile:

Right I have spent the last 2 hours looking for your post...I know its there...something about a doctor not letting a owner sleep with there dog...and now your giving her details about pills or something and she cant understand you.....

Have you been post deleting on me Sufferman???
  • cindytw
    Options
    LOL. I sometimes start before I even make it to work. Like tonight when I found out one of the daytime doctors told a client she could sleep on the couch with her pet while we are trying to balance out the glucose. Now she is exhausted and misunderstanding half the stuff we say. She should have been sent home and we could have explained things to her once she was rested and the dog was stable.
    @fatjon73
  • fatjon73
    Options
    cindytw wrote: »
    LOL. I sometimes start before I even make it to work. Like tonight when I found out one of the daytime doctors told a client she could sleep on the couch with her pet while we are trying to balance out the glucose. Now she is exhausted and misunderstanding half the stuff we say. She should have been sent home and we could have explained things to her once she was rested and the dog was stable.
    @fatjon73

Where the fk was that....been looking for ages...lol......you are now top of my hero list for the week @‌cindytw
  • fatjon73
    Options
    @fatjon73

is there a naughty step in this room??? sufferingman needs 10 minutes in it for lying.....
  • cindytw
    Options
    @fatjon73‌ it was actually on this page, I bet you looked back too far!
  • cindytw
    Options
    @fatjon73‌ I think you are reading it wrong.. he told the patient they couldnt sleep with the dog too!
  • cindytw
    Options
    @WildcatMom82‌ and @lilaclovebird‌ Welcome to the group! Not all of us are straight nightshiftes but we are at some point!
  • fatjon73
    Options
    @fatjon73‌ it was actually on this page, I bet you looked back too far!

Gives self a massive head slap......DOH!!!!!
  • cindytw
    Options
    @fatjon73‌ well LOL on that!! I just gave myself a big head slap because when I am on my new laptop (touchscreen) I seen peoples names popping up in a bubble before I typed them, but if I clicked nothing happenned!! IT IS A TOUCHSCREEN FEATURE DUMBASS!! LOL I finally got it on my Kindle at work today!! "hello! Here's your SIGN!"
  • WildcatMom82
    WildcatMom82 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    I work 9P to 7A, 8 nights on, 6 nights off :) Working in the blood bank tonight and starting off with a bleeder, woot. This weekend has been insane so far, I can't believe it's not a full moon
  • BodyByBex
    BodyByBex Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    HellOOOO Night shifters! I am back at work! Weighed myself when I woke up this afternoon and finally hit 197! Felt like I was going to be stuck at 198.5 for eternity.....
  • Frankie_Felinius
    Frankie_Felinius Posts: 1,398 Member
    Options
    Hello! Sittin' at work with bronchitis...huffing on a portable steamer so I can breathe! Talk about dedication!
  • BodyByBex
    Options
    You must love what you do. :)
  • Frankie_Felinius
    Frankie_Felinius Posts: 1,398 Member
    Options
    Just love the paycheck...also we work one person to a shift so if one person calls off...it potentially affects 4 other people's schedules!
  • BodyByBex
    Options
    I know the feeling. We have one person per campus per shift. It's rough but I work for a health research facility so they would rather you call in if you are sick than have you show up and get everyone else sick or contaminate something. Never mind the fact that someone else's day off gets ruined or the poor soul you were supposed to relieve now has to work 16 hours...