Welcome to Fun and Games! Many of the discussions in this category are games based on responding to the most recent comment. Please take a moment to refresh the page and make sure you are replying to the most recent comment to keep the game going!

The official nightshift thread....

Options

Replies

• belimawr
    belimawr Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    @sufferlandrian... that's how the night *always* starts!

I could go for the longer/fewer shift thing as well, but unlikely to happen here.
  • sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,244 Member
    Options
    4 hours to go.
  • belimawr
    Options
    1 here... 1 too many
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    Darn it. The dog I took to surgery yesterday just vomited. Hopefully a little less food and some TLC and she will be fine.
  • BodyByBex
    BodyByBex Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    2 more hours...then I am crawling into my bed. :smile:
  • Frankie_Felinius
    Frankie_Felinius Posts: 1,398 Member
    Options
    One more hour here...but today is my long day. It is my Friday but I stay up to be with my family instead of sleeping in the evening so it makes for a long day/night.
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    Yeah! I'm FREE!!! Well, for another 10 hours. A nap, a bike ride and some good conversation with the wife and I'll be good to go. :+1:
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    Can I just say I hate cancer? It never gives the owners any warning and I hate breaking bad news to clients who's pet is like a furry family member.
  • BodyByBex
    Options
    Can I just say I hate cancer? It never gives the owners any warning and I hate breaking bad news to clients who's pet is like a furry family member.

Yes, you can say it. I also hate cancer. I lost a cat to cancer. I have also lost 3 Aunts, 2 Uncles, and my grandmother to cancer. One of my cousins is actually in her THIRD battle with breast cancer and I have multiple cousins who are in remission.

That's just the family on my mother's side that I was actually CLOSE to.
    I have very little knowledge about my father's side of the family. Though I'm sure my dad and my Uncle Raul would give me all the details if I asked.
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    Howdy Lilaclovebird, Hope your night is going well. I'm about to go to surgery to find out what a Chocolate lab ate that is blocking the intestines. I'll have to give you an update when I get out of surgery. Nice folks and a really nice dog. I've had all good clients tonight. :smile:
  • fatjon73
    fatjon73 Posts: 379 Member
    Options

I am one of these people....I have a Bulldog....he is my baby...my life...the most spoilt dog on earth.....I lost my Gran last year...hard times...but the week after her death my dog had a seizure, it *kitten* me up big time...I was in more of a panic then than the week before (my Gran was not unexpected...I am not totally heartless...lol...)

I could not imagine having to do what your doing there...I doff my cap to you big time.....

Meet Duke...My Bully.....when we got him his pedigree name was "Duke is a Hazzard" I had a German Shepard as a kid named Baron...so I kept Duke as a fitting name....and boy does he live to his full name.....

17puljoi4i22.jpg
    dieakkp3tgi0.jpg
  • BodyByBex
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Night is going well so far. Nice and quiet. A few things I have noticed are broken(lights not coming on and the like) so I've had to put in some work orders. Other than that, perfect. :smile:

I have a lab sharpei mix who will eat just about anything but the only ones I worry about getting intestinal blockages are my two ferrets. :#
  • fatjon73
    Options
    Night is going well so far. Nice and quiet. A few things I have noticed are broken(lights not coming on and the like) so I've had to put in some work orders. Other than that, perfect. :smile:

I have a lab sharpei mix who will eat just about anything but the only ones I worry about getting intestinal blockages are my two ferrets. :#

LOL my mutt would have the ferrets in a flash...anything that moves he kills....especially socks.....lol......I love Sharpei, a friend had one....one of the best dogs I have met...so soft and loveable......gummed your hand when fighting.....dead soft he was...got a disease that only Sharpeis get......cant remember name.......bless him.......

Interesting mix with a Lab.... I must ask for pictures.....im a sucker for any mutt....
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    Bull dogs are a lot of fun. :-) I always enjoy working with them. They are comical as well as friendly.

Not a fan of Shar Pei dogs. Sorry. They are good dogs but they are tough to fix when they have lacerations since their skin was bread to tear when they fight. They get Amyloidosis as well which is almost always fatal. They are unique in their skin composition and inability to metabolize amyloid proteins. I hate the frustration that owners go through when you have to try to explain why the kidneys are failing and it was nothing the dog got into or didn't get in it's diet. I've seen too many die when they were so young and healthy that they should have had years left in them.

The lab we took to surgery had a piece of a hoof stuck in the intestines. Should recover well and is already up and moving around. :smile:
  • belimawr
    edited April 2015
    Options
    re: vomit. glad i popped in here while eating ;)
  • sufferlandrian
    edited April 2015
    Options
    ROFL. I forget not everyone deals with that. Sorry. :smile:
  • fatjon73
    Options
    Bull dogs are a lot of fun. :-) The lab we took to surgery had a piece of a hoof stuck in the intestines. Should recover well and is already up and moving around. :smile:

A Hoof??? what sort of hoof??? only type of hoof I know is a horses hoof etc.....how the heck did a dog eat a horses foot???
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    @fatjon73 - Over here us Yanks can buy cow hooves in the pet store for your dog to chew on. This guy just swallowed it whole. :smiley:
  • BodyByBex
    Options
    Bull dogs are a lot of fun. :-) I always enjoy working with them. They are comical as well as friendly.

Not a fan of Shar Pei dogs. Sorry. They are good dogs but they are tough to fix when they have lacerations since their skin was bread to tear when they fight. They get Amyloidosis as well which is almost always fatal. They are unique in their skin composition and inability to metabolize amyloid proteins. I hate the frustration that owners go through when you have to try to explain why the kidneys are failing and it was nothing the dog got into or didn't get in it's diet. I've seen too many die when they were so young and healthy that they should have had years left in them.

The lab we took to surgery had a piece of a hoof stuck in the intestines. Should recover well and is already up and moving around. :smile:

Glad to hear surgery went well. :)

Sandi just turned 10 and isn't much of a fighter. Other than some joint issues and a slight weight problem(I've had to relocate the cat food a couple times) she is the picture of health. Especially considering she fell out of a car window going 65 MPH when a window rolled down unexpectedly while my parents were moving to Texas 2 years ago.

Thank GOODNESS she knows how to tuck and roll. She got a tiny scratch on her head and needed stitches on her right rear paw. The emergency vet was AMAZED when the tech told her she WALKED into the office. "THIS is the dog that fell out of a car window going 60 miles an hour?!"
    She's our miracle doggy!
  • fatjon73
    Options
    BTW Sorry if my Pic of my mutt has made your screen massive...it has mine...but I cant change it...or edit the post...dont know why.....