Welcome to Fun and Games! Many of the discussions in this category are games based on responding to the most recent comment. Please take a moment to refresh the page and make sure you are replying to the most recent comment to keep the game going!

The official nightshift thread....

Options

Replies

• fatjon73
    fatjon73 Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    I know it's a full moon, but really folks? Just because your dog that you let run in the neighbor's field has a wound on it's side, doesn't mean it was shot with a 9 mm hand gun.

brill.....the type that has a stomach ache and think its cancer or kidney failure......
  • sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,244 Member
    Options
    fatjon73 wrote: »
    I know it's a full moon, but really folks? Just because your dog that you let run in the neighbor's field has a wound on it's side, doesn't mean it was shot with a 9 mm hand gun.

brill.....the type that has a stomach ache and think its cancer or kidney failure......

Yep, that's the kind. :smile:
  • BodyByBex
    BodyByBex Posts: 3,685 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    belimawr wrote: »
    @lilaclovebird but it's Friday/Saturday! don't you hate it?

Oh yeah...because when you call EHS(Environmental Health and Safety) for a Low OXYGEN alarm in a lab they decide 1) It's too early in the morning and b) It's Saturday morning so I don't have to deal with it until Monday....Uhm...some of our lab people WORK on the weekends(scientists have no life, who knew?) and last I checked they need OXYGEN to stay ALIVE or to at least STAY CONSCIOUS while they work.

So because it is Saturday, it will take my sergeant calling them to get them in here to fix it and I feel from my conversation with EHS, unless he screams "WE NEED OXYGEN TO LIVE YOU DUMB DUMB!" They won't be coming in to fix it...

All I was told to do was "shut the door". What do I know? I just work here.
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    Don't you love lazy people?
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    Dang that was a big rock. I have no idea how the dog swallowed it but I know why it wouldn't pass. One quick surgery and it's out.
  • BodyByBex
    Options
    Dang that was a big rock. I have no idea how the dog swallowed it but I know why it wouldn't pass. One quick surgery and it's out.

Just how big was it? Gimme some dimensions. How big was the dog?
  • cindytw
    cindytw Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    Hello Nightshifters! It was a full moon here today, for real! All kinds of chaos going on, took me forever to get caught up from the evening shift debacle and I am on until 7am. At least time is passing quickly!
  • fatjon73
    Options
    Morning all...6:50am here...cant sleep....so I have cleaned my kitchen top to toe....then went on the treadmill for half hour too.....this MFP *kitten* really works.....never in my life have I ever wanted to exercise in the middle of the night....lol
  • belimawr
    belimawr Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    belimawr wrote: »
    @lilaclovebird but it's Friday/Saturday! don't you hate it?

Oh yeah...

So because it is Saturday, it will take my sergeant calling them to get them in here to fix it and I feel from my conversation with EHS, unless he screams "WE NEED OXYGEN TO LIVE YOU DUMB DUMB!" They won't be coming in to fix it...

Sounds like my job. Twenty four-seven operation, but only for certain people. The rest get to complain about what time it is when critical systems stop working and it's THEIR job to fix.
  • sufferlandrian
    edited April 2015
    Options

Just how big was it? Gimme some dimensions. How big was the dog?

It was about 3 inches long and 2 inches across. Kind of rectangular actually. It was a smaller Black Lab that ate it. A 50lb version. That's 23 kg for you guys across the pond. Don't ask me to convert it to stones. I think that's 3.5 stones but I can't remember for sure.
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    Just had a guy come in that was just a charmer. His dog has been attacked. He won't tell me what attacked it. It has a couple of bite wounds on the abdomen and neck like a big dog picked it up and shook it. The gums are pink still but the dog is cold. I listen to the lungs and it sounds like we either have blood in the chest or a ruptured diaphragm. I turn to the tech and say we need X-Rays to see what is going on in the chest. This guy just starts going off about how I should F...ing examine dog and how I didn't even look at the F...ing wounds. I just look at him and tell him, "I did examine your dog. That's how I know it's not moving air well and I need to know what is going on in the chest so we can know how to keep her breathing." He just yells, "I've had it with this F...ing place! You guys are the biggest bunch if incompetents I've ever worked with! I'm just taking the dog home and putting it down myself!" The tech was genuinely concerned he was going to start punching people. The older woman that was with him finally talked some sense into him and let me put the dog down rather than him take him home and shoot it.
  • fatjon73
    Options
    A vet knot knowing conversions. tut tu.... and its lbs and oz's here too Sufferman....don't forget we invented it...we invented everything I think....lol....14lbs to a stone.....you got it correct though.....
  • cindytw
    edited April 2015
    Options
    @sufferlandrian my lab loves to eat rocks! I may end up in the same predicament! Although he does love to eat anything, his favorites are shoes, any type of firewood or charcoal, and rocks! The jerk with the dog, that's horrible! One of the many things I could not deal with if I had ever become a vet. (I didn't because I couldn't handle a lot of aspects of it).

Finally free for my weekend (short as it is now with OT)! I am wired so I am likely to be up for a while. Hope everyone else has a great day/night.
  • fatjon73
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Just had a guy come in that was just a charmer. His dog has been attacked. He won't tell me what attacked it. It has a couple of bite wounds on the abdomen and neck like a big dog picked it up and shook it. The gums are pink still but the dog is cold. I listen to the lungs and it sounds like we either have blood in the chest or a ruptured diaphragm. I turn to the tech and say we need X-Rays to see what is going on in the chest. This guy just starts going off about how I should F...ing examine dog and how I didn't even look at the F...ing wounds. I just look at him and tell him, "I did examine your dog. That's how I know it's not moving air well and I need to know what is going on in the chest so we can know how to keep her breathing." He just yells, "I've had it with this F...ing place! You guys are the biggest bunch if incompetents I've ever worked with! I'm just taking the dog home and putting it down myself!" The tech was genuinely concerned he was going to start punching people. The older woman that was with him finally talked some sense into him and let me put the dog down rather than him take him home and shoot it.

How many times did you punch this bloke once he left the building???? good chance for a workout there pal....what a plank.....should be registered so they cannot own dogs or animals....or children probably too for that matter....makes my blood boil...
  • cindytw
    Options
    fatjon73 wrote: »

How many times did you punch this bloke once he left the building???? good chance for a workout there pal....what a plank.....should be registered so they cannot own dogs or animals....or children probably too for that matter....makes my blood boil...

YES!!
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    I wish! I've tried to tell people for years that you should have to have a license to own a pet or have kids but I always get outvoted. I do like your idea of taking him behind the woodshed for a little wood plank education on proper etiquette. :wink:
  • BodyByBex
    Options
    Another night with another 4 hours of overtime. Here until 11 AM tomorrow. Good thing nothing really happens here.
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    Except alarms that people won't go fix? :smile:
  • BodyByBex
    Options
    Except alarms that people won't go fix? :smile:

Yeah...in fact housekeeping just came in to ask me about the alarm, which is STILL going off. Allegedly, Health and Safety has been contacted and they will be working with our physical plant staff to fix it today. In the mean time, oxygen levels aren't at a severely low point. Yet.

This whole thing is weird because APPARENTLY Health and Safety came in on Saturday to 'fix' it. So it was only going off intermittently. All day. Now levels are at 17% and that thing is just SCREAMING and has been all night. I have sent all the emails I can and I have been reassured by my sergeant that my job is to observe and report, unless otherwise directed by him.

So, I basically received permission to sit and watch a movie until people start showing up and I have to log them in.
  • Frankie_Felinius
    Frankie_Felinius Posts: 1,398 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    I'm out in less than an hour...can't wait to take a nap while the tot is in preschool. I snuck in a few hours in the morning yesterday so I my daughter could go hunt eggs with her cousins, but I haven't been back to bed since then and it is really catching up to me now...

On a side note, I think it is amusing when people ask me (while I'm at work 3rd shift) what kinds of places there are to go "out" at night. Uhhh...I'm here...at work...when everyone is "out". Do you really think I'm up on where to go out?? (Even if I didn't work 3rds, my fiance and I are complete homebodies...I'm no help either way!)