Welcome to Fun and Games! Many of the discussions in this category are games based on responding to the most recent comment. Please take a moment to refresh the page and make sure you are replying to the most recent comment to keep the game going!

The official nightshift thread....

Options

Replies

• BodyByBex
    BodyByBex Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    fatjon73 wrote: »
    BTW Sorry if my Pic of my mutt has made your screen massive...it has mine...but I cant change it...or edit the post...dont know why.....

I'm not worried about it. :) BAH! I need more coffee....
  • sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,244 Member
    Options
    @lilaclovebird - Glad the injuries were minor. :smile: That makes me happy. Hope the coffee helps.

@fatjon73 - The picture didn't make my screen massive. Love the profile picture. :wink:

I've had two dogs in two nights that got hold of THC. If you are on medical marijuana, make sure the dog can't get your stash. They can seizure and die if left untreated. With fluids they almost always do well with no long term effect.
  • cindytw
    cindytw Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    @sufferlandrian, was it a lab, or lab mix?? They always eat ANYTHING!! But to be fair, I have an 18 year old black and white cat that wil eat and drink anything as if he was a dog or a person! I have to guard liquor because one time my old roommate had a party while i was at work and he drank someone's glass of Wild Turkey!! No issues!! :o
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    @cindytw - That's funny! Gotta love an alcoholic cat. :smile: The pot dogs were mixes. The intestinal resection dog was a Yellow lab. Now she is sniffing around the trash cans but won't eat her food. I think I'm going to send her home in the morning to see if she will eat at home.
  • cindytw
    Options
    @lilaclovebird sometimes they surprise you, my grandparents dog got hit full force right over his neck and throat by a pickup truck, and other than skin tears of his jowls and skin, he was fine and running around protesting going to the vet!
  • cindytw
    edited April 2015
    Options
    @sufferlandrian , good move. The same alchoholic cat ate a penny and had to have surgery, wouldn't eat for the vet so they kept him a week extra. I finally said enough, I am out of money and I got all the force feeding stuff and instructions. Came straight in, ate like a hog and was like..."Why didn't ya come for me sooner, stupid?"!

Also the same cat, diagnosed with cardiomyopathy since I got him, WILL NOT take a pill! i tried everything, including drinks to get him to take his daggone Diltiazem, no dice! So it was not worth it and he was right. He didn't need it he is 18 and wasn't supposed to make it to 5!
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    @cindytw - You gotta love cats. They never read the book. :laugh:
  • cindytw
    Options
    @sufferlandrian they sure don't, ESPECIALLY the Black and Whites!! They are the true Cat-Dog! At least the ones I have encountered!
  • ashley1215
    ashley1215 Posts: 2,199 Member
    Options
    Bad night. Can't sleep. Killing time.
  • cindytw
    Options
    @ashley1215 welcome!
  • RedRockChic
    RedRockChic Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Maybe we could revive the interest in a MFP Night Owls forum... ? I'm an hour into my Friday night.. but there are weeks that are full of Mondays.

Anyone else interested?
  • cindytw
    Options
    Huh? Like a group?
  • MadDogManor
    MadDogManor Posts: 1,454 Member
    Options
    Hi nightshifters - I'm back after a long relaxing vacation! Although, 5 minutes into my shift, and it doesn't even seem as if I was gone -_-
  • cindytw
    Options
    @MadDogManor welcome back, I guess! :)
  • TuffGong21
    TuffGong21 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    not nightshift worker, but frequent night time lurker. just passing through to say hello! tgif!
  • cindytw
    Options
    @TuffGong21 Hi! I am both nights and evenings but ALWAYS up late!
  • fatjon73
    fatjon73 Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    TuffGong21 wrote: »
    not nightshift worker, but frequent night time lurker. just passing through to say hello! tgif!

no no no...its just not allowed...its our club house....so if you want entry...get some stash off Sufferman to sweeten us all up to maybe let you stay for an hour...as a guest....

Or get a job working nights........I prefer the stash option.....;)¬'''''
  • fatjon73
    Options
    ashley1215 wrote: »
    Bad night. Can't sleep. Killing time.

What sort of job you got if you can sleep at it??? I want that job....
  • fatjon73
    Options
    @cindytw - You gotta love cats. They never read the book. :laugh:

Cats are like women....they are not right in the head....you can't work out what they feel / want / say / do / or mean......they do as they like, when they like...they cant be trained.....and for no reason at all can turn in to the nastiest animal on earth.........that's why I have a dog......;)
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    Wow. It's time for dinner but we just had a cat in that was sprayed by a skunk. It smells so bad in here now that I'm afraid anything I cooked would just end up smelling like skunk. Maybe I'll bottle it as the new diet plan. :laugh: