Welcome to Fun and Games! Many of the discussions in this category are games based on responding to the most recent comment. Please take a moment to refresh the page and make sure you are replying to the most recent comment to keep the game going!

The official nightshift thread....

Options

Replies

• Frankie_Felinius
    Frankie_Felinius Posts: 1,398 Member
    Options
    Yup. I had to make a co-worker pull a 16 on Thursday because I was scheduled for 2nd shift. No way I would have made it through a 2nd shift...3rds are so much easier. And I had to pull a 16 myself a week ago for a different co-worker that was sick. Ugh...
  • BodyByBex
    BodyByBex Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    I primarily work 3rd but I will relieve anyone from any shift if it is necessary. I <3 me some overtime! :smiley:
    But I prefer 3rd because then I get to walk/jog around and we have a fitness facility so I can get a bit of a workout in while getting paid.
  • Frankie_Felinius
    Options
    Aaah...yes...third shift exercise. Back when I had a shred of motivation I'd do Pilates and yoga in the back office!
  • BodyByBex
    Options
    On days when I just don't have the motivation to actually hit the workout building I just walk. We have a Kubota car thing that we're supposed to use for our patrols but I just walk everything instead.
  • Sparky_1113
    Sparky_1113 Posts: 2,886 Member
    Options
    I hate working nightshift, I am so so tired... I am a morning person, I love morning, I cannot wait for this night to be over :(
  • Frankie_Felinius
    Options
    The only time I love morning is when it is 7 A.M. and I'm clocking out!
  • WildcatMom82
    WildcatMom82 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    Hahaha me too @Frankie_Felinius‌ When we leave in the morning I always gush about how the only time I love sunrises is when I'm about to go to bed. I can't believe it's already after 4, I spent half the night on the phone! I felt a little bad for the admins I had to call at home, but at least we finally made sure proper protocol was followed (*)

Congrats on your loss @lilaclovebird‌
  • sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,244 Member
    Options
    It's been a good night. All good clients. The last lady came in dress quite proper even though it's 3 AM. She was very enjoyable to work with. I love nights like this. :smile:
  • BodyByBex
    Options
    It's almost over! I can not WAIT to crawl into my bed when I get home! <3
  • Sparky_1113
    Options
    It's almost over! I can not WAIT to crawl into my bed when I get home! <3

Me too, 1/2 hour to go!
  • Sparky_1113
    Options
    Thank God this big stinky mill ran good tonight, I'm not sure if I coulda fixed it if it didnt LOL
  • BodyByBex
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Thank God this big stinky mill ran good tonight, I'm not sure if I coulda fixed it if it didnt LOL

I am grateful everything went well for me tonight as well. :)
  • BodyByBex
    Options
    Hahaha me too @Frankie_Felinius‌ When we leave in the morning I always gush about how the only time I love sunrises is when I'm about to go to bed. I can't believe it's already after 4, I spent half the night on the phone! I felt a little bad for the admins I had to call at home, but at least we finally made sure proper protocol was followed (*)

Congrats on your loss @lilaclovebird‌

Thank you. :)
  • sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,244 Member
    Options
    24 hours to go and I'll be home. I'm looking forward to it. :smile:
  • BodyByBex
    Options
    Diabetic co-worker who doesn't take care of himself called in sick(again) today. Had to come in 4 hours early. Hooray overtime! At this rate I'll have my student loans and credit cards paid off by the end of the year!
  • Andreake08
    Andreake08 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Good evening erryjuan!!! :D

3.29AM here... Can't sleep, but at least, I'm not "snacking"... :P
  • BodyByBex
    Options
    Andreake08 wrote: »
    Good evening erryjuan!!! :D

3.29AM here... Can't sleep, but at least, I'm not "snacking"... :P

Every little thing helps. It's about 9PM here and I'm at work until 7AM so I have a ways to go...
  • Andreake08
    Options
    Night shift? What do you do for a living, if I may ask? :D
  • BodyByBex
    Options
    I am a Public Safety Officer(nice PC way of saying Security Guard) for the Univeristy of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center Science Park in Smithville, TX and at the University of Texas MD Anderson Michale E. Keeling Center for Comparative Medicine and Research.

I get to walk/run a LOT during my shift and I have access to a fitness facility on site. Overall I like it a lot.
  • Andreake08
    Options
    So cool!!!!!! :D:D:D