Welcome to Fun and Games! Many of the discussions in this category are games based on responding to the most recent comment. Please take a moment to refresh the page and make sure you are replying to the most recent comment to keep the game going!

The official nightshift thread....

Options

Replies

• belimawr
    belimawr Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    Oh, I'm saving that one and sticking it up somewhere here in the office.
  • sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,244 Member
    Options
    I love the photo. :smile:
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    @missymc65‌ - I'm a veterinarian at an ER facility.
    I'm a LVT at an ER!!

Nice! I saw you flip flop schedules. That sucks. I like staying on nights. It lets me bicycle during the day and work at night. Or on nights like tonight where I'm trying to stabilize a diabetic dog, I can get on the exercise bike while waiting for the next blood glucose.
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    OK, back at it again. Hope everyone is having a good, drama free night.
  • belimawr
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I don't want to say anything as it's halfway through my tour...

Even if things went downhill, probably a better night than I've had in weeks as I haven't yelled and cursed yet.

Considering I'm not well rested as I was forced into OT this morning, that in itself is an accomplishment.
  • Never_Quit32
    Never_Quit32 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Night Shifter, hate these damn hours....
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    @belimawr‌ - Now you've done it. The rest of the night is all downhill. :smile:
  • belimawr
    Options
    Yep... I cursed... well, at least I lasted until 4 tonight. Usually it starts as soon as I get to work at 11pm.
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    LOL. I sometimes start before I even make it to work. Like tonight when I found out one of the daytime doctors told a client she could sleep on the couch with her pet while we are trying to balance out the glucose. Now she is exhausted and misunderstanding half the stuff we say. She should have been sent home and we could have explained things to her once she was rested and the dog was stable.
  • tattooedvegan216
    tattooedvegan216 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Checking in for the night! Starting my long week and thank god for Dunkin tonight because I haven't been sleeping well..oh well..hopefully the gym in the A.M will tire me out
  • belimawr
    Options
    Starting work here... more work than a regular weeknight on a Friday night... wtf??
  • tattooedvegan216
    tattooedvegan216 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    2mi3qazqu6e8.jpg
    belimawr wrote: »
    Starting work here... more work than a regular weeknight on a Friday night... wtf??

Feel your pain...come on 7am!!!
  • cindytw
    cindytw Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    Hi all! About halfway through my double shift, trying to keep busy but also rest so I can make it through. How's everyone else's night going?
    @belimawr, has the cursing started yet? Lol
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    I've already had to tell one client that can't sleep in the run with their pet. Is it a full moon yet?
  • belimawr
    edited March 2015
    Options
    @cindytw actually... yeah it had. Then stopped when I said "f*** you, it's Friday night, I'm kicking back for once this week."

Worked hard all week... a little bit less than maximum effort won't kill the place.

I'll end up paying for that one.
  • WildcatMom82
    WildcatMom82 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    Wohoo, I didn't know there was a nightshifters thread!! I get out in half an hour and it can't come soon enough, crazy night. I have zumba at 9:30 today so late bedtime today, good thing I had my Friday night latte
  • BodyByBex
    BodyByBex Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    Night shift thread?! HELL YES! I am going to be in this all the time now between rounds. Only an hour or so 'til I get off but I am glad I found you guys!
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    You guys will have to come back tomorrow. :-)
  • fatjon73
    fatjon73 Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Checking in for the night! Starting my long week and thank god for Dunkin tonight because I haven't been sleeping well..oh well..hopefully the gym in the A.M will tire me out

OOO Dunkin were in the top 3 of places not to eat at on a top 25 I watched recently.....

And them lists are the law.......
  • fatjon73
    fatjon73 Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    belimawr wrote: »

Same at our place mate.....all the lazy no go dead head that work weekends at our factory....I have a life (according to my other half I do anyways) so I do not work weekends ever.....