Like minded Lushes - September

Options

Replies

• mamaturner
    mamaturner Posts: 2,533 Member
    Options
    sick... horrible throat/cough.. good enough excuse for a hot toddy.... or 5..

Good job to those keepin to their guns and strength to those who need it.
  • yvonnej1
    yvonnej1 Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    ooh medicinal alcohol, now that justification hadn't crossed my mind recently
  • Oldbat61
    Options
    One more day til the end of the 14 day kick start; hope the weigh in on Saturday is good! Looking forward to that gin & tonic at the weekend!!!:drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • Wendybirduk
    Wendybirduk Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    You can last one more day Oldbat and then you really really have earned that G&T! Way to go!

Well it is Friday so that means wine tonight! lol. I have already logged the wine into my diary so now I have to exercise and earn it!
  • mom216
    mom216 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    mamaturner & yvonnej1 - I hope you are both feeling better!

Oldbat61 - WOOOHOOO!!!!!Congratulations!!!! You Go Girl!!!!

KarenBorter - hang on the weight will come off!

asjerven - I totally get going to bed hungry - I'm always happy with myself when I do this. I feel like I "won". I'm sure what I won - but I won:laugh:

Okay I'm still following atkins - according to the scale - I've lost 3.5 pounds - (water weight??) I don't see any changes in my body. The ketostix still have not changed color - but I am eating a lot less (no appetite)

Two days - alcohol free :happy:

Anybody else getting ready for Hurrican Igor?? Not sure when but it is supposed to hit VA,MD,DE early next week. :grumble:
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    Epic fail last night. half a bottle of white and then vodka rocks. I just can't do this anymore. I don't know why I don't have any will power. I couldn't even get myself working out yesterday. it feels so hopeless right now. i am tired of trying and the scale is just hovering and not really changing.
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    Epic fail last night. half a bottle of white and then vodka rocks. I just can't do this anymore. I don't know why I don't have any will power. I couldn't even get myself working out yesterday. it feels so hopeless right now. i am tired of trying and the scale is just hovering and not really changing.

I have no willpower here either:ohwell: ...1/2 bottle of wine here...think about seeing your daughter next weekend:bigsmile: ...throw the scale out the window:mad:

Oldbat send some this way, I think you did awesome and will have earned the GT
    Wendy, move it, move it, move it...put the wine in front of the treadmil and run for it
    Mom, could be water weight...who cares...I'll take 3 lbs loss any day of the week...hang tough
  • Oldbat61
    Options
    [/quote

Hey, don't despair, you have done such a great job so far. Am sure that the scales will start moving soon but, as Kim says, ignore the scales and concentrate on how you are feeling. I certainly feel good so am just hoping that the scales confirm a loss tomorrow morning but even if they don't I know how much better I am feeling so will keep up a maintenance programme of healthy eating with controlled calories but with the occasional treat (like that gin & tonic I keep on about - am I being obsessive!!!). All of us are doing great and if we keep supporting one another we will beat this weight thing!!!!:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    I had a sunshine wheat beer, then a bud light last night.
    I forget, is this thread for people who drink? or people who are trying not to drink?!
  • rjadams
    Options
    I forget, is this thread for people who drink? or people who are trying not to drink?!

yep. both.

Tonight is Italian food and red wine. yum
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options

yep. both.

Tonight is Italian food and red wine. yum
    You must be feeling better:bigsmile: :drinker:
  • rjadams
    Options
    You must be feeling better:bigsmile: :drinker:
    I had a nice workout and I didn't eat much today so I had a lot of calories left over. :bigsmile:
  • mvlaurel
    Options
    Have to admit, I'm having a hard time putting down the wine glass this week. I threw my back out on Monday, and while I am doing much better now, I am unable to work out until at least next week. Now, a reasonable person would say "I can't work out, so I'm going to be extra dilligent about my calories." Me? I say, " I can't work out, so what's the point? Bring on the pizza and wine!!" Tonight it was sushi with a large hot saki (num!) then I came home to the tail end of a (big) bottle of chard and a glass of pinot from a bottle already open. Not sure what tomorrow will bring (probably the end of the pinot) but Sunday will be a blow out because I am going to my moms and.....well, I'm going to my moms! That's what we DO there! Plus, you know....FOOTBALL! SOOOOOOOOOO, I'm thinking Monday is a good day to try to be reasonable again.

I have to say, I love reading the threads for this group. It makes me feel better, knowing I'm not the only one!!!
  • HerbieSue
    Options
    What a fun message board! Loved reading through your posts. My drink of choice is champagne! No, not the expensive stuff, I am perfectly happy with Brut, in fact, really happy, LOL. Wine gives me a headache and I've just always liked champagne and one day it dawned on me, why do I have to wait for a special occasion to have champagne? So when I order champagne and people ask me what I'm celebrating, I just tell them "TODAY"! My daughter's were in town Labor Day weekend and we went to a champagne brunch and then on to wineries for tastings and later drank some of our purchases in the hot tub.....................whew, it was a fun weekend, so I decided like some of you on this board, to try not to drink for a while to see if I could kick my weight loss up a notch. I weigh-in tomorrow at WW and definitely plan on breaking out the bubbly this weekend!
  • mom216
    mom216 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Hello everybody!!

I went back and reread my posts - I have been alcohol free for 5 days!!!! Still trying to follow Atkins - The ketostix have only changed to a very pale pink, and only once!!! Talk about frustrating. The scale has been bouncing up and down. Once day I've lost 3.5 pound the next day I'm back up. I see no visible changes & I feel crappy. AAAARRRRRGGGHHHHH!!!!! Seriously I think I liked drinking a whole lot better. :drinker:

To one and all have a wonderful happy healthy day!!!!
  • Oldbat61
    Options
    Hey everyone; am celebrating with my promised gin & tonic and boy does it taste good after 2 weeks abstinence!!:drinker: It was weigh in day today. The sad news was that there was no weight loss, the good news was that there was no weight gain; the really fab news was that I had lost 2ins from my waist and 1.5ins from my hips. My target is a loss of 1lb per week, so having lost 3lbs in week 1, I am still on target. Having said that, I am not going to stress about what the scales say but am going to concentrate on how I feel and today I FEEL GREAT!!!!!!!!!! :laugh: :laugh: Am going to continue with the healthy eating and exercise and see what happens.

Mom - sorry about the frustration - suggest you stay off the scales for a few days and see if that makes you feel better.

Hi HerbieSue - like your drink of choice!! :love:

MVLaurel - sorry about your back and hope you feel better on MOnday; in the meantime don't stress about the calories-you're allowed to comfort eat under the circumstances!

Good luck every one and happy chillaxing over the weekend. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • yvonnej1
    yvonnej1 Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    Was convinced I'd put on weight this week as I've not exercised much due to not feeling too good. It's hard to explain but I have just been feeling fatter. Anyway I have maintained my weight, I'm beginning to think my scale only knows how to show 1 number! My goal is to maintain so that's fine but most days I am under my calories and when I click complete diary it calculates that I should still be losing but I'm not.

Oldbat well done to you :smile: That inch loss is great. I've found that's important to me as it affects how your clothes fit and in turn how I feel.
  • fitbot
    fitbot Posts: 406
    Options
    i am lately really good about drinking (responsible and bye bye to binging) however I am in italy at present time working.
    yesterdays lunch included 3 bottles of wine and then sorbetto vodkas . Saying no does not work, and part of my job is networking / entertainment.

sigh

better go run on the beach tomorrow
  • rjadams
    Options
    Lushness reigned supreme last night. I got seriously messed up. oh well on to a new week.
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    I had a marg mixed with a beer (XX) and it was pretty good-they called it a margavasa.