Like minded Lushes - September

Options

Replies

• XFitMojoMom
    XFitMojoMom Posts: 3,255 Member
    Options
    Legendary drinking in Chicago.
    I opened a bottle of Liano last night when I got home, to have a drink with my husband - who took great care of the girls while I was away (even took them to Ballet Class!)
    Since the wine is open - I'll need to finish it.... so hopefully no drinking from TOMORROW night onward!:laugh:
  • Oldbat61
    Options
    So now am into healthy eating plan after the two week kick start. Enjoyed the two gin & tonics I allowed myself over the weekend but back to no alcohol now until Saturday. Am feeling great and as long as I don;t go mad tonight I shall end the day within my calorie allocation of 1400. Managed 90 minutes of fairly heavy duty gardening earlier today so have burnt off a few calories in addition to 45 minutes on WiiFit Plus (Free step and rhythm boxing). Best of luck everyone at the start of a new week!!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • KarenBorter
    KarenBorter Posts: 1,157 Member
    Options
    Another weekend in the books without a drink ... I think I am too full of water for anything else to FIT. I am worried about this next weekend though ... Oktoberfest and I LOVE the Angel City Beer ... ugh! I am going to try though. Other then the 1 shot of sake and the couple sips of Ouzo (at the Greek fest) I have been alcohol free Since Sept. 1
  • Oldbat61
    Options
    Another weekend in the books without a drink ... I think I am too full of water for anything else to FIT. I am worried about this next weekend though ... Oktoberfest and I LOVE the Angel City Beer ... ugh! I am going to try though. Other then the 1 shot of sake and the couple sips of Ouzo (at the Greek fest) I have been alcohol free Since Sept. 1

Karen - well done; keep up the good work. :wink: :wink: :wink:
  • yvonnej1
    yvonnej1 Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    Just got a belated birthday present from my best friend - 2 bottles of wine and a huge box of chocolates! That'll do wonders for my diet then!:drinker: :sick:
  • HerbieSue
    Options
    Geez, I would re-gift immediately and not keep that tempting stuff around!!! (but keep the wine)
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    Just got a belated birthday present from my best friend - 2 bottles of wine and a huge box of chocolates! That'll do wonders for my diet then!:drinker: :sick:

Yv, priorities, priorities

Off to Las Vegas today...lushness is the only option...right??
  • XFitMojoMom
    XFitMojoMom Posts: 3,255 Member
    Options
    Managed to stay away from that opened bottle last night... YAY me... but it's still open. Willpower don't fail me!
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    Kim - have a great time in Vegas - I will PM you so we can try to have a drink next weekend when I am up in your neck of the woods.

Yvonne - sweeten up those kids of yours with the chocolate! Save yourself, sacrafice the kids:tongue:

Pam - incredible will power. good job.

for me Monday = 0 drinks and I wasn't missing it.

So to everyone - keep strong when you need to be strong and resist temptation - and then drink proudly with your head held high when you want to drink. We control this and it is our choice.
  • KarenBorter
    KarenBorter Posts: 1,157 Member
    Options
    Down another 3lbs this morning and I think if I were still drinking Vodka I wouldn't be ... so I am going to keep going on the No Alcohol but seriously, all bets are off on Sunday the26th when I go to Oktoberfest. I may have to "treat" myself to 1
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    I had 3 miller lites and watched the first season of Weeds last night. Overall it worked into my calories budget because I ran on the treadmill. Tonight there will be wine at a reading so I will probably have some...
  • Oldbat61
    Options
    Managed another two nights without alcohol; will treat myself to a drink with dinner on Saturday and Sunday. Have done loads of gardening the last two days plus WiiFit workouts and a pilates class this evening. Am feeling pooped so should sleep very well tonight. Keep up the good work fellow lushes. :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • Wendybirduk
    Wendybirduk Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Lushness crept into my house last night and wrapped me in it's boozy arms :embarassed:

And I was doing so well!
  • rjadams
    Options
    Lushness crept into my house last night and wrapped me in it's boozy arms :embarassed:

And I was doing so well!

it happens. don't beat yourself up.

Monday =0
    Tuesday = 0
    Last night I had to keep telling myself I really didn't want a drink, that I was just falling into habit. I successfully convinced myself not to drink.
  • mom216
    mom216 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Hello Everybody!!!

I am still following atkins - and yes the scale is still bouncing like crazy! Still no visible changes in my body - but I'm trying really hard to be patient. Over the week-end of Oct. 1st I will be spending a lot of time with extended family. (Karen are you listening?) That means TONS of Italian & Greek food, more liquor than you can imagine. Total debauchery!!!!And yes, planned lushness!!!

yesterday 144lb
    today 146.2 it is enough to make me scream!:explode: :explode: :explode:

Oh well......I wish you all a wonderful night!!!!!
  • rjadams
    Options
    had a beautiful piece of prime sirloin for dinner last night so of course we had to have wine with it. oh well. none tonight.
  • yvonnej1
    Options
    Had a JD and diet coke whilst waiting for my daughter at football practice last night, it was just too tempting whilst I was hiding inside in the warmth by the bar. I did cycle there and back so I burned off the calories anyway. Plus opened a bottle of red to put some in last nights dinner and I haven't touched it since. I've been pretty good by my recent standards :smile:
  • mamaturner
    mamaturner Posts: 2,533 Member
    Options
    haha Wendy.. that was beautifully written..

rj.. I miss steak lol

mom-jealous of your food to come.. LOVE both cuisines!!

last night downed a whole bottle of moscato... at least some of it went into making dinner.... the rest went into me..
  • rjadams
    Options
    at least some of it went into making dinner.... the rest went into me..

thats the only really fun way to cook. I consider wine my creative muse whilst I am cooking. :laugh:
  • yvonnej1
    Options
    I always think I cook better food if I do so with a glass of wine in my hand. Trouble is there isn't always that much left to drink with the meal by the time it's cooked. Maybe it's not that I make better food, it's that I'm too drunk to worry what it tastes like :drinker: