Like minded Lushes - September

Options

Replies

• HerbieSue
    Options
    Landed in Austin, Texas to visit my daughter and we went straight to Whole Foods for salmon burgers and a bottle of wine! Best lunch in months! We have front row tickets to the UT v. UCLA game and Sunday will be the Pecan Street Festival.............but wait for the best part! She is taking me to a cafe for brunch on Sunday that has different flavored mimosas! Hey guys, mimosas aren't made with just OJ anymore!!!! I hope to figure the alcohol into my daily calories, isn't that how it works, you can drink as long as you don't go over???
  • Wendybirduk
    Wendybirduk Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    It's Friday NIght!

It's white wine time! (for me anyways lol)

Have a good weekend all!
  • yvonnej1
    yvonnej1 Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    I'm on the red wine, halfway down the first glass I thought gosh this is strong, when I read the bottle it's 15.5% abv :noway:
  • Wendybirduk
    Wendybirduk Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I'm on the red wine, halfway down the first glass I thought gosh this is strong, when I read the bottle it's 15.5% abv :noway:

Bloomin eck! 15.5%!!!! I thought mine was bad at 13%

You GO lady!
  • dbanks80
    dbanks80 Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    I wish I would have seen this in August!!! That was one of my goals...to go an entire month and not drink wine!!! I did well in August (only drank twice) and did very well this month (drank twice)!!

But this is a good forum!!
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    yes, HerbieSue, drink as much as you want;) it's hard to drink and not go over on calories, but it can be done. I went two night (Wed and Thurs) without drinking. I plan to drink tonight at Oktoberfest, though.
  • KarenBorter
    KarenBorter Posts: 1,157 Member
    Options
    So ... I am now 23 days in the books without alcohol (except the smidges that have been noted before). I plan on going to Oktoberfest with my mom on Sunday and I am not going to drink then either. I plan on going 1 more time with friends and will likely have a beer that night BUT that's going to be in October. I think that I feel MUCH better not drinking and I have more energy in the mornings and at work etc.

Keep in mind that I would drink VODKA every single night :)
  • yvonnej1
    yvonnej1 Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    Karen you have done so well staying off the alcohol. I know what you mean about feeling better in the mornings if you don't drink. I love my Friday night chill out, celebrate the end of another week drink but I can guarantee I will know that I drank the night before when I wake up with a heavy head on Saturday morning. For me though I enjoy my treat too much to give it up completely at the moment. Some times I don't drink for weeks at a time, right now I enjoy my bottle of wine (not all at once) at the weekend.
  • KarenBorter
    Options
    Yvonne ... for me it's a slippery slope. While I am not considered an "alcoholic" I do love to drink and I have a high tolerance ... once I get started I just keep going. I have been known to finish bottles of wine in a few hours ... or a 1/2 a bottle of vodka in a sitting. This does nothing for my weight loss efforts and, in fact, likely contributed.

When I get to my goal weight I will introduce wine again ... I LOVE Merlots ... I have a wonderful bottle of Merlot just sitting there staring at me LOL (In fact I have a few shots of mango vodka in the freezer too). I just have to have some self control. Proving this to me is further proving I don't "need" to drink I "choose" to drink. I have a saying ... "I use drugs, they don't use me" (and alcohol is a drug).

Have fun this weekend!
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    hi all
    in st paul with my daughter. limited wifi so I will just say I had the worse flight known to mankind. I was in a middle seat between the two largest males on the flight and baby cried the whole 3 hours and it was extremely turbulent. oh boy. I needed the bottle of white i enjoyed tonight. I am hoping to hook up with Kim whlite I am up here but we will see if the lush gods approve.
  • Oldbat61
    Options
    Hi everyone, you all seem to be doing great things. Today was weigh in day and I have lost 3lbs this week and 1.5ins off my waist and 1ins off my hips (in three weeks that's a total of 3.5ins from waist and 2.5ins hips); am I feeling good? YESSSSSSS!!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Am looking forward to my gin and tonic tonight. I got through most of this week without a drink but had a bad day on Wednesday, so did have a gin that evening. But, onward and upward. am hoping to keep to just having a small drink with dinner on Saturdays and Sundays and stay off the booze during the week. If the weight and inches loss continue then it will be well worth the sacrifice.

Sorry you had such a lousy flight, RJ but have a great time with your daughter.:bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:

Keep smiling everyone. :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    Back from Las Vegas...Robin, got your number and will call tonight...Although, it will be easier to not be a lush since my return...Vegas is a dangerous lifestyle
  • samdempsey38
    Options
    Well its the one weekend this month i am not working, as well as being the last birthday before the big four oh! So I have counted the first 4 pints and now anyones guess is a good one.... Cheers everyone :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :happy:
  • nisijam5
    Options
    Well its the one weekend this month i am not working, as well as being the last birthday before the big four oh! So I have counted the first 4 pints and now anyones guess is a good one.... Cheers everyone :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :happy:

2 good reasons:drinker: :drinker:
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    kim and I had a great time last night. Her husband is great and my daughter and I were really glad to meet both. I had margaritas and Kim had Dos XX Equis Amber. It looked great. I have a picture that I will post when I get home. Hope you all are having a lushess lushy weekend.
  • mvlaurel
    Options
    Well, today is pizza, beer, and football. I'm hoping to get motivated to start tracking again tomorrow!
  • nisijam5
    Options
    kim and I had a great time last night. Her husband is great and my daughter and I were really glad to meet both. I had margaritas and Kim had Dos XX Equis Amber. It looked great. I have a picture that I will post when I get home. Hope you all are having a lushess lushy weekend.

It was a lot of fun...glad that we were able to work it out...lovely and interesting pair you are:flowerforyou: you complement each other very well...the picture is way cool:smokin:

Well, tonight is my first sober night in a long time; so, here it goes:

Sunday, 0 drinks

Plan is to remain sober until Thursday when I will have some birthday wine. I am off all weekend; so, I must try to have some restraint. Any suggestions from my fellow lushes? Advice? Shackles?
  • Oldbat61
    Options
    Hi all. It's Monday morning and a new week. Managed to keep to just one drink at dinner on Saturday and Sunday. My sister in law is staying with me this week so plan drinking diet tonic when she is having a gin and tonic and then joining her in a small glass of red wine with dinner; should be able to do this within my calorie allowance.

Keep up the good work lushes. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    Oldbat you are doing better than me! I must have taken your 3 lbs:) j/k, I earned them. I went to Oktoberfest on Friday night, started with a vodka soda and then I had two 20 oz. Coors lights, then we went to Whiskey bar and I had a bud light, then Fado's and I couldn't even finish my beer or drive home. I ended up eating taco bell that night, and I felt pretty bad on Saturday and got breakfast at McDonald's before I had to sell raffle tickets in a petstore to benefit an animal shelter where I volunteer. Then Saturday night I watched two movies, both terrible, and drink 3 beers while doing that. Sunday went back to Oktoberfest for weiner dog races and costume contest-so cute! and I had a bloody mary and a Sam Adams. I was over my calories after lunch, but my friend came over to watch Weeds and I think I had 3 more miller lites.
    So my goal this week is to stick to my calories, alcohol or no...
  • KarenBorter
    Options
    I survived Oktoberfest without champagne at brunch OR beer ... it was hard but I did it. I may be going back on October 16th in the evening with some friends ... we will see if I hit my mini goal coming up in the next couple of weeks. If I do then I MAY have a beer. Other then what I mentioned previously I haven't had any alcohol since September 1 ... this has to be some sorta record LOL