Plus size model

Options
123457»

Replies

• Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    She's got the physique that I'm after, that's for sure! Except on my 5'7" frame (she's 6'2").

Robyn-Lawley-for-Boux-Avenue-01.jpg

she's got a physique i'm after too.
  • geebusuk
    geebusuk Posts: 3,348 Member
    Options
    Consider that if the fashion industry used a different term to define models at a specific dress size or above, it's likely that fat people would then use the same term, despite the fact they're 8" shorter than the model they see.

The reality is, I suspect, that thinner people sell clothes.
    If fatter people sold more clothes, they'd use more of them, but overall I suspect people are buying a 'dream' and for most that's not a fat dream.

Oh and yes; I think she's a British 16, which is a US 12.
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    Options
    I have to say what wrong with society is not that someone calls a 6'2" 170lbs a plus size if she is or not, it makes no difference.

Its the fact that anybody really truly cares how a magazine sizes a beautiful woman. They could say she is size 4 or size 24. I think she is gorgeous just as I think many of you are no matter what number you might be according to a chart.

I'm only a inch taller than this model, and my Dr laughs because at my weight/height I am considered obese. I can give a rat's *kitten* what number or label someone wants to lay upon me.

I'm happy with the way my body looks and much more importantly how my soul will be looked upon from my kids when I no longer walk this earth.