• SaintGiff
    SaintGiff Posts: 3,679 Member
    Options
    no idea i never shave/wax

anywhere?

I do not shave or wax anywhere

why not?

why should I ?dont want to dont have to :smile:

In my humble experience women who don't shave are awesome human beings. They know themselves, like themselves, and are crazy comfortable in their own skin. Three thumbs up from this corner of the room.
  • Snow__White
    Snow__White Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    I um.... knew a stripper for a while back in my single days. Her skin was freakishly smooth. She always used hair conditioner to shave rather than shaving cream or soap. She said it eliminated all the bumps. I'm not if that was the whole trick as silky smooth seems to be a bit more than bump-free, but on the bump angle she used normal conditioner that you would use on your hair.
    ^^yes this
  • michellemybelll
    michellemybelll Posts: 2,228 Member
    Options
    this is all quite fascinating.
  • Fullsterkur_woman
    Fullsterkur_woman Posts: 2,712 Member
    Options
    no idea i never shave/wax

anywhere?

I do not shave or wax anywhere

why not?

why should I ?dont want to dont have to :smile:

In my humble experience women who don't shave are awesome human beings. They know themselves, like themselves, and are crazy comfortable in their own skin. Three thumbs up from this corner of the room.
    I have shaved and not shaved, and I assure you I am and have always been an awesome human being. It has nothing to do with my shaving/waxing status.
  • GoreWhore72
    GoreWhore72 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Shhh they still sleeping....:yawn:

HAHHAHAHHAHAHAHHA!!!!
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    Oh, you know the laser hair removal? That probably would work too! And if you're a stripper it'd be feasible since that's like a work expense, right?
    Don't have the balance required to be a stripper. Soo not a work expense.:cry:

Many places have Groupon and Living Social deals. That being said, your description in your OP sounds like me... and two rounds of laser did nothing for me. :/ Neither did sugaring.

Or waxing...
  • courtkizer
    courtkizer Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Use a new razor every time. Your razor is too dull. Use the 3 blade or higher non-disposables. I learned that from a strippers. I'm not one myself of course.
  • Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    Options
    I use sugar body scrub. You can buy it anywhere, but I make my own. It makes my skin so soft!
  • LindseySprake
    LindseySprake Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Not a dancer by any stretch of the imagination, but I am good friends with one. She says that a lot of the girls go through and get sugaring done (which apparently isn't as harsh as waxing. *shrugs*).

She said with time and doing it often enough eventually the hair gets so fine that it is as soft as a baby's bottom when it grows in... but it takes time. She also said that lotion is your best friend as it helps with the smoothness of her skin.

^this^
    Not a stripper but I use sugaring. Work as above :flowerforyou:
  • MaryJane_8810002
    MaryJane_8810002 Posts: 2,082 Member
    Options
    I heard that it was best to shave in the morning, something about the follicle. Hope this helps...
  • SemperAnticus1643
    SemperAnticus1643 Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    BOOM!! Bragging rights for once I got!! *best Yoda voice*

I rarely have to shave my legs. I shave them probably twice a year or so. Maybe that's because I never really started to shave them when I was younger...I'm 28 now. No stubble and my husband doesn't know when I do or when I don't, which is nice. BUT I have heard that conditioner is better to use as well. You can get it for $.99 at Dollar General, it lasts forever and it works GREAT!!! When I do shave my legs, I use conditioner though. :smile:
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    (Not a stripper.)

It may just be your skin. I use a razor, water and put some cheap lotion on after and I don't have bumps and my skin is very soft after.
  • jessautumn
    jessautumn Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I'm a pole dancer and i also use hair conditioner instead of shave gel. in addition:
    - i don't use a razor more than 5 times (I know it sounds silly but honestly it needs to be sharp as anything to work properly and not leave bits of follicle behind)
    - always use a deep moisturiser after you have shaved with no added ingredients or chemicals (I tend to use e45)
    - bath instead of shower when shaving, and use moisturising bath cream.

I shave about 3 times a week (can't ever have stubble!) but my legs/underarms/anywhere else is always silky smooth and looks compleely bare.

:happy:
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options
    In for advice!
  • NextPage
    NextPage Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I brought a package of 6 laser treatments for upper and lower legs and with the first two treatments I thought "this isn't doing much". I have now done four sessions and can say it is really starting to pay off. I would guess there is about a 60 percent reduction with the remaining hair much finer. I used to have stubble by the end of the day! The first body part I tried laser on was my underarms and after 10 sessions I don't have to shave at all (and no dark "shadow" showing when I wear sleeveless tops at the gym). Where I live (Toronto, Canada) you can get package deals all the time so there is no need to spend crazy money on this. Just make sure the laser machine is a newer model - unless, of course you are into pain :).

I was thinking about a mid-life change of career but apparently you need to hang up your tassles before you reach my age. :wink:
  • Aisha192012
    Options
    It's winter, every woman knows there is no such thing as shaving in winter!

^ Yes!
  • FrauMama
    FrauMama Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Well, I never got naked but used to fitness model and had to be smooth and bikini ready all the time. Back then, I found a product made for black men's facial hair removal. It was called Magic Shaving Powder. That (sort of like Nair) plus High Time Bump Stopper (not even kidding with that name; it's classic!) worked really well for no razor burn. I used it for bikini area and always just shaved my legs--with new razors/blades, in the bath, with cream or conditioner--every day and they were fine.
    (Ironically, I found the Bump Stopper while on a work trip to Vegas....which made me think it probably WAS popular with strippers. Also, completely unrelated, but both products are relatively inexpensive, which is nice if you just want to try them out.)

Now, I use an Epilator on my legs and partial bikini area. It hurts like a mofo the first couple of times, but ends up leaving your legs super smooth for a very long time. (You can read Amazon reviews on these; that's what sold me on one at first). Then, like the sugaring, the hair grows back super fine. I've done it for several years now and will continue because it's so nice not having to shave all the time.
  • FrauMama
    FrauMama Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I was thinking about a mid-life change of career but apparently you need to hang up your tassles before you reach my age. :wink:

Haha!! Well, you certainly look fabulous!
    (I had the same thought earlier this month when my husband and I went to a strip club in Prague...and, after thinking "Well, sure, I could maybe do this", I thought "Holy crap, I am old enough to be ALL of these girls' MOTHER!" Hang up the tassels, indeed. ;)
  • dumb_blondes_rock
    dumb_blondes_rock Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    I only do private sessions in the bedrooms, but magic cream shave is a depilatory that works wonders. I have super sensitive skin and get razor burn easily. My friend had a friend who went to prison and they werent allowed to use razors there, so they had to use magic cream shave so that's where her friend learned how well Iit works. You can use it on any hair you have, and it works ten times better than nair or veet with way less burn.