Texting in Movie Theater

Options

Replies

• nutellabrah
    Options
    If Im checking my phone and feel like breaking the no cell phone rule, and you try to say something about me not doing it, you're gonna have to kill me first. I do what I want.

That goes out to all you suckas tryina act hard.

Ha! The rule says no phones and you say you're going to do it anyway, and someone would have to kill you to stop you. And you say other people are "acting hard".

Trust me, you'd stop.

I would never stop, in fact I would exponentially escalate.
  • CycleCarolina
    CycleCarolina Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I'm a supporter of "freedom of the press", but it seems to me that the press operates "too freely" these days. Reporters have become lax in fact-checking, proof-reading, and scruples. Maybe it's a mirror of society.

I'm slow to anger, and I don't think I'd care at all, if someone is texting during previews. I hope I wouldn't care if they were texting during an essential scene in a movie. Afterall, it's a movie; who knows how important that text may be.

A little tolerance is hard to come by, sometimes.

You cycle.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    A little tolerance is hard to come by, sometimes.

Are are, it seems, basic manners.
  • supremelady
    supremelady Posts: 211 Member
    Options

If the rule at the movie theater is no concealed weapons why would you have a gun at the movie theater?

A reminder of the actual question the OP asked:
    So, the question is.....if you are going to text or use your phone at the movie theater. Shouldn't you remove yourself to the lobby as to not to irritate the other patrons?

No one thinks what the shooter did was OK. But that wasn't the issue in the OP.

I know what the OP asked and i answered the way i wanted to back on page 8. My response that you quoted was to a direct post in this thread also located on page 8. thank you.
    I read the post to which you replied. It didn't mention guns.

i know what the post said, she asked if the theater says no cell phones then why bring it and i said if the movie theater said no guns why bring it? sorry if you don't understand my reply
    I understand your reply. The OP's question was about cell phones, not guns. The poster you quoted answered the OP's question. You're trying to start an argument over something no one said. No one thinks what happened was OK. That wasn't the question and isn't the issue being addressed by either the OP or the quoted poster.

The quoted poster asked why people couldn't obey the no cell phone use law and instead of answering that question or giving an opinion on it, you answered with a question to change the subject. I can only assume this is because you like to use your cell phone during movies and want to avert attention from your rude behavior with a straw man argument.

Also, your reply on page 8 doesn't address the OP's question, either.

thank you thread police. I don't see how "I'm trying to start an argument" when you replied to me. have a great day and be blessed!
  • GermanicKnight
    Options
    You're at the God-blessed movie theatre, turn the freaking phone OFF.

It's ridiculous that a person can't take a 2-3 hour break from texting or calling someone. You're not that special!

^^^ THIS. I leave my phone in the car/glovebox when I go see a movie. Peace and Quiet!
  • KingOfThoseWhoKnow
    Options

Why? You've gone from doing something wrong to willingly realizing you are doing it and now doing it even more. Your logic makes no sense, it's like you know you are doing something wrong. I haven't gotten one rational response or argument when I ask for one, that, coupled with this, shows what I mean. Please pose a rational argument against me otherwise you're just looking incredibly stupid

On the note of exponentially escalating, no you wouldn't. That's total tough guy talk. If you were being harangued by a person or persons in the theater to put your phone away, you would. And don't say you wouldn't. If you wouldn't that implies you are aware of your actions and looking for trouble, in which case you would find it, in the form of being thrown out.
  • doorki
    doorki Posts: 2,611 Member
    Options
    If Im checking my phone and feel like breaking the no cell phone rule, and you try to say something about me not doing it, you're gonna have to kill me first. I do what I want.

Ha! The rule says no phones and you say you're going to do it anyway, and someone would have to kill you to stop you. And you say other people are "acting hard".

Trust me, you'd stop.

Not for very long.

When does this escalation become more disruptive in the theater than someone checking their phone?
  • nutellabrah
    Options

Trust me, you'd stop.

Not for very long.

You ever seen that scene in The Departed where the two guys get in a shootout and they both start wailing on each other and soon they are both riddled with bullet holes? Yeah, it would have to go down like that before I stopped.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options

If the rule at the movie theater is no concealed weapons why would you have a gun at the movie theater?

A reminder of the actual question the OP asked:
    So, the question is.....if you are going to text or use your phone at the movie theater. Shouldn't you remove yourself to the lobby as to not to irritate the other patrons?

No one thinks what the shooter did was OK. But that wasn't the issue in the OP.

I know what the OP asked and i answered the way i wanted to back on page 8. My response that you quoted was to a direct post in this thread also located on page 8. thank you.
    I read the post to which you replied. It didn't mention guns.

i know what the post said, she asked if the theater says no cell phones then why bring it and i said if the movie theater said no guns why bring it? sorry if you don't understand my reply
    I understand your reply. The OP's question was about cell phones, not guns. The poster you quoted answered the OP's question. You're trying to start an argument over something no one said. No one thinks what happened was OK. That wasn't the question and isn't the issue being addressed by either the OP or the quoted poster.

The quoted poster asked why people couldn't obey the no cell phone use law and instead of answering that question or giving an opinion on it, you answered with a question to change the subject. I can only assume this is because you like to use your cell phone during movies and want to avert attention from your rude behavior with a straw man argument.

Also, your reply on page 8 doesn't address the OP's question, either.

thank you thread police. I don't see how "I'm trying to start an argument" when you replied to me. have a great day and be blessed!
    Because you want to make it about the gun and you seem under the impression that any single person posting here thinks what happened was OK. Every time someone mentions cell phones, your response is, "BUT GUN!"
  • KingOfThoseWhoKnow
    Options
    You ever seen that scene in The Departed where the two guys get in a shootout and they both start wailing on each other and soon they are both riddled with bullet holes? Yeah, it would have to go down like that before I stopped.

Ever seen that scene from real life where idiots text during a movie and don't stop until they are forcefully asked to leave/thrown out by the manager? I take it you haven't. Because it happens a lot and will happen. Just wow lol

http://suicideproject.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/aaa.jpg
  • QueenBishOTUniverse
    QueenBishOTUniverse Posts: 14,121 Member
    Options

Trust me, you'd stop.

Oh hi Nutella, were your other troll threads expounding on the literary supremacy of twilight and the nutritional benefits of an all nutella diet getting boring?:drinker:
  • doorki
    Options

Ever seen that scene from real life where idiots text during a movie and don't stop until they are forcefully asked to leave/thrown out by the manager? I take it you haven't. Because it happens a lot and will happen. Just wow lol

But wouldn't that forced expulsion by the manager be more disruptive to the general theater populace? So, your drive to force others to live by your code has now degraded an entire theater's viewing experience.
  • QueenBishOTUniverse
    QueenBishOTUniverse Posts: 14,121 Member
    Options

But wouldn't that forced expulsion by the manager be more disruptive to the general theater populace? So, your drive to force others to live by your code has now degraded an entire theater's viewing experience.

Actually, every time I've seen this happen the rest of the theater cheers.
  • nutellabrah
    Options

Trust me, you'd stop.

Not for very long.

When does this escalation become more disruptive in the theater than someone checking their phone?

That is indeed the point I am trying to illustrate to these would be "Theater Thugs" who try to tell other people what to do with all the self-entitled self-righteous grandeur of a pig. Because what you end up doing is causing problems ten times greater than the initial misdemeanor of phones. Yes I am that important, or my love life is that important that I might need to text asap. You paid only a movie ticket, you are still in a public domain sharing a space with the public. If you are so crazy that you can't withstand phones (who knows what is on your hidden agenda about hating modern generations/technology and the motives behind your crazy hatred) but buy your own movie theater if you can't handle anything the public might throw at you.

If you come at someone like that, expect potential for retaliation. You personally attacked that person for all I'm concerned and crossed a huge line, especially if I am with my gf or something, you might get cussed out, even if I am wrong, and if not worse if you don't stop.

Its not a game out there people. Depending on the place you live in that could be a death wish to do to people.

Just because you don't have anyone that loves you who texts you, you want to hate on the next man that does.

Its just a sign of emotional immaturity. The people who get annoyed by stuff like that, yunno to the bone, are ten times more annoying than the actual phone perpetrators. And no i don't use my phone in a theater but it happens and jesus christ you people need to relax.
  • doorki
    Options

Actually, every time I've seen this happen the rest of the theater cheers.

I have never seen anyone get expelled for texting. Do they rewind the movie or does everyone just have to guess about what they missed?
  • KingOfThoseWhoKnow
    Options

Would you rather someone texting during a whole movie or a simple disturbance to remove one idiot THUS creating a ripple effect stopping all idiots from texting? It's a last resort, idiots have to be dealt with for the greater good, 99% of them usually stop when called out on it. I don't buy into your reasoning I'm afraid. It's not me forcing my code on anyone, it's the populace forcing society's code on the single idiot who can't
  • doorki
    Options

Would you rather someone texting during a whole movie or a simple disturbance to remove one idiot THUS creating a ripple effect stopping all idiots from texting? It's a last resort, idiots have to be dealt with for the greater good, 99% of them usually stop when called out on it. I don't buy into your reasoning I'm afraid. It's not me forcing my code on anyone, it's the populace forcing society's code on the single idiot who can't

I would be more bothered by the person causing the ruckus but then I can focus on a movie without being distracted by other people's actions.
  • esquire9
    esquire9 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    +1 LOL