"Please include a message with your friend request.."

Options
Atarahh
Atarahh Posts: 485 Member
It seems like this is something said because someone else said it on their profile. To be exclusive you must add this disclaimer to your profile. Miss me with that...
When did this become so important or the norm?
Just sounds like some MFPers are becoming friending snobs.
Some of them won't admit they are quick to accept a friend request on FB and 9x/10 there is no accompanying message.
Some people have gotten a little above themselves.

Or the other one that gets me is, "I'm not adding anymore new friends"

What the what?! It's not like there's a fire code for your friend's list...

Then another thing that gets me is that people go on to justify why they need a message LOL. As if the message makes the person no longer a stranger.

Insanity at its best....
That's team too much for me...

Replies

• spade117
    spade117 Posts: 2,466 Member
    Options
    I'm fairly arrogant.
  • Escloflowne
    Escloflowne Posts: 2,038 Member
    Options
    I don't put the disclaimer and I automatically decline FR without a message...unless she is really hot
  • _crafty_
    _crafty_ Posts: 1,682 Member
    Options
    I don't accept random friend requests from people who aren't friends of mutual friends unless they have a really good reason for why they want to be my friend.

I don't accept blank friend requests from anyone. No matter who they are.

I like to keep my friend list manageable. Too many people and you can't be supportive/develop any kind of relationship with them.

I'm not here to just collect people and won't be collected by anyone else.

If I do accept someone on my list and then they don't interact with me I delete them.

I call them standards. You can call it whatever you like. It's my friend list so what's it to you how I manage it?

ETA: I'm really just a b!tch. That's what it boils down to.
  • romanaXOX
    romanaXOX Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    The only reason I like to keep a smaller friend's list is just because my "news feed" tends to get cluttered with people that I'm less connected with thus making it so that it's harder for me to keep the support for the people that have made the effort to make that connection in advance.
  • KrazyDaizy
    KrazyDaizy Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    I don't have that disclaimer either, but typically do not accept without a message.

A ticket into my freak show, also called my MFP wall, requires some sort of admission and a message is always helpful. You know, so I can see if you will fit in with my freak show (meaning awesome and sexy) FL.
  • homerjspartan
    homerjspartan Posts: 1,893 Member
    Options
    I don't put the disclaimer and I automatically decline FR without a message...unless she is really hot

Tru dat.
  • Jersey_Devil
    Jersey_Devil Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    you have your own profile to put WHATEVER your little heart desires on it. Dont judge what others do to their walls. who cares?
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    This gonna be gud...

this-gonna-be-good-o.gif
  • 1PatientBear
    1PatientBear Posts: 2,089 Member
    Options
    I don't accept random friend requests from people who aren't friends of mutual friends unless they have a really good reason for why they want to be my friend.

I don't accept blank friend requests from anyone. No matter who they are.

I like to keep my friend list manageable. Too many people and you can't be supportive/develop any kind of relationship with them.

I'm not here to just collect people and won't be collected by anyone else.

If someone does make it on my list and then doesn't interact with me I delete them.

I call them standards. You can call it whatever you like. It's my friend list so what's it to you how I manage it?

This. ALL of this.
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    Why do you have an issue with how someone chooses who and how they allow someone into their lives. Some people like to keep small lists so they have the time to talk and be supportive to their friends, having too many would make it difficult to keep that up.
  • PennyM140
    PennyM140 Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    I don't accept FR without messages because I don't want to be friends with someone that doesn't want to talk to me.
    If you don't even have anything to say to me as far as why you'd like to be friends then why bother?
  • Mia_RagazzaTosta
    Mia_RagazzaTosta Posts: 4,885 Member
    Options
    I used to have this on my profile when it was public and I still got blank FR, which told me they didn't even bother reading it.

Having a complete stranger add you without a little note explaining where they saw you or how they found you is creepy to me. It has nothing to do with being a snob. I don't add just anyone; I like my friends to have similar views as me.

Unless you're hot. Then you get a pass.
  • summertime_girl
    summertime_girl Posts: 3,945 Member
    Options
    I have it on mine. And I frequently clean up my friend list if I don't interact with the person. I really do try to interact with everyone on my FL. Nothing about being a snob.
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    I'm okay with being a snob.

I also decline copy-pasta/form letter FR too.

Don't like it, don't send me a FR (And I won't have to go through the effort to hit decline). Now we're both happy!
  • action_figure
    action_figure Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    Dude, who the heck accepts FB friend requests without knowing the person? Man, I'm pickier there than I am here.
  • DeltaZero
    DeltaZero Posts: 1,197 Member
    Options
    I'm with team "Don't have time for that"

Where that =

People who don't eat enough
    People who cry on the forums
    People who are too needy

And bacon haters.

Seriously. Who hates bacon?

Or ice cream.

I love denying friend requests that are blank.
  • arghbowl
    arghbowl Posts: 1,179 Member
    Options
    ... says the woman with 20 some odd friends.

Get rejected much?
  • action_figure
    action_figure Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    Bacon AND ice cream is apparently now a thing. With caramel.
  • BrainyBurro
    BrainyBurro Posts: 6,129 Member
    Options
    my potential friends must pass a 4-hour written and verbal exam.

...and a background check.

...and a physical.

...and have a solid credit history.

...and put up some collateral.

i think these requirements are reasonable. :huh:
  • BamaBreezeNSaltAire
    BamaBreezeNSaltAire Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    This gonna be gud...

this-gonna-be-good-o.gif

Sits next to Random...