"Please include a message with your friend request.."

Options
15678911»

Replies

• WuTanquerayClan
    Options
    I dunno, I guess some feel "important" and "exclusive" when they set up parameters to become their friend. I will accept whomever. It isn't like I post super personal stuff on my wall. That's just foolish.

It makes me feel "important" and/or "exclusive" when all I ask is a few words about *WHY* you want to be on my friends' list? Did you ever think that some people want to know why a total stranger would find them interesting enough to befriend?

Aren't you selective with your friends IRL? Or do you become buddies with every random stranger who walks up to you for no apparent reason? :huh:

Oh? MFP equals real life? I have been doing it wrong.

No, MFP isn't real... all the weight and inches I have lost are totally fictitious. ::eyeroll::

Some of us have personal issues that affect our health, and are a bit more selective about with whom we choose to share that information. The friend requests of random strangers who can't be bothered to do me the courtesy of letting me know why they want to be friends are summarily declined.

Just like in real life.

Omg, your weight loss has nothing to do with the topic at hand. And it really shouldn't matter if they add a msg or not. Or, bright idea, ask them why they want to become your friend before accepting. I don't care what you do, personally.

Thanks for the suggestion, but I already do... It's right on my public profile, which is "the topic at hand."

You are correct, that is "the topic at hand". Your weight loss is completely irrelevant.
  • 2bePhantasticallyfit
    Options
    ... says the woman with 20 some odd friends.

Get rejected much?

Ouch burn!!! :laugh:
  • AestheticStar
    AestheticStar Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    I like when people send messages when they add me, to either say why they want to add me, or if we have a common interest & that's why they added me. I've had some weird guys add me, & then be really creepy, so.. yeah, I like being selective for those reasons.
  • sloth3toes
    sloth3toes Posts: 2,212 Member
    Options
    I only have 1 friend lol. :/

1 friend is all you need. Preferably, a dog.

baby-dog606.jpg