Pregnancy 2010 - September

Options

Replies

• seestellarun13_1
    seestellarun13_1 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    tahmed - hope you feel better soon.

ckmama - The weather has been nice lately, think I'm going to take my walk outside today.

I went to the doctor yesterday for an "in between" visit. Took them forever to find the heartbeat on that cheesy doppler thing. Totally freaked me out, I started tearing up and thoughts started running through my head. I know that feeling of panic now - scary!
  • debnu1
    debnu1 Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    No guilt allowed. When you feel up to it you will do what you can. I have realized that the past is the past you can't change it. But you can change the future.

tahmed, you will use your eliptical soon enough. You have to get healed first and out of the fatigue/nausea stage and then you will feel like doing something.

Salads have actually been tasting good lately. I have not eaten one alone though, they have been part of a meal so far...

The problem today is I don't have a clue what to make for dinner as everything I had planned sounds horrible now. Any good ideas??
  • Soon2Bfitmamaof3
    Soon2Bfitmamaof3 Posts: 1,911 Member
    Options
    Still feel icky hoping it goes away soon. Went for my NST scan on Monday and also got results from my first trimester screenings. Baby is doing excellent but was such a wiggle worm and wouldn't cooperate enough for the doctor to see all of the chambers of its heart so we get to go back in 3 weeks. He said that he is pretty confident that he knows the baby's gender, anyone else find out the gender with the NST scan?
  • mwilson1018
    mwilson1018 Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    Still feel icky hoping it goes away soon. Went for my NST scan on Monday and also got results from my first trimester screenings. Baby is doing excellent but was such a wiggle worm and wouldn't cooperate enough for the doctor to see all of the chambers of its heart so we get to go back in 3 weeks. He said that he is pretty confident that he knows the baby's gender, anyone else find out the gender with the NST scan?

That's exciting...Did they tell you what they think it is??

What is the NST scan? I'm going on Friday for the prenatal genetic testing/screening....I was hoping and wishing they would be able to tell me the sex then too...I'll be 13 weeks, I think you and I, Sheri, have the same due date.
  • Soon2Bfitmamaof3
    Options

What is the NST scan? I'm going on Friday for the prenatal genetic testing/screening....I was hoping and wishing they would be able to tell me the sex then too...I'll be 13 weeks, I think you and I, Sheri, have the same due date.

We do, April 10th... The genetic testing is done by blood then an ultrasound in the first trimester then another blood test in the second trimester. Atleast that is what the state of California offers. I am assuming they often tell patients because when the nurse came in she asked if the doctor had told me the babys gender. At this stage the genetelia looks like a penis regardless of what it is. The can tell based on the angle of the dangle so to speak. The doctor is confident we are having a girl this time. Yay! I read that gender determination is 88% accurate at 12 weeks and goes up from there. When I go back in 3 weeks it will be 100% accurate if the little one decides to flaunt it again :happy:
  • mwilson1018
    Options

We do, April 10th... The genetic testing is done by blood then an ultrasound in the first trimester then another blood test in the second trimester. Atleast that is what the state of California offers. I am assuming they often tell patients because when the nurse came in she asked if the doctor had told me the babys gender. At this stage the genetelia looks like a penis regardless of what it is. The can tell based on the angle of the dangle so to speak. The doctor is confident we are having a girl this time. Yay! I read that gender determination is 88% accurate at 12 weeks and goes up from there. When I go back in 3 weeks it will be 100% accurate if the little one decides to flaunt it again :happy:

Angle of the dangle...LOL... love it! :laugh: Congratulations on the baby girl (hopefully it stays looking that way....)!!!! I know that's what you were hoping for :smile: That's what my family is hoping for for us as well. I just want it to be healthy and I will be perfectly satisfied either way, since we don't have one or the other yet, lol. I just really hope they can tell us what they think it is!
  • ckmama
    ckmama Posts: 1,668 Member
    Options
    We didn't do the genetic testing last time and decided not to this time. I figure there is no reason, we aren't going to abort, and I would spend all of my time worrying about it until the baby came. From what I understand factors like age etc, can scue the figures one way or the other and nothing be wrong. The last thing I need is to worry, I can do plenty of that all on my own:laugh:

I have a 15 weeks checkup coming up. I'm not scheduled for an U/S but I am going to ask, maybe drop a hint to see if she will do it. We are planning to have a gender reveal party, so I won't know that day anyway. It is supposed to be a surprise:tongue:

I know she has one scheduled at 20 weeks for the body parts check, so I'm hoping she will be kind so we can find out. I wonder how accurate it is at 15 weeks and 2 days?
  • ckmama
    Options
    http://baby2see.com/gender/external_genitals.html

Look at this website. I can't believe how much a vagina looks like a penis early on. I would think 15 weeks would be accurate if I have a good US tech and machine?

Sorry if the words penis and vagina offend.
  • emgi
    emgi Posts: 15
    Options
    Just had my son- a successful Vbac! If you have any Vbac questions, I'd be happy to share my story and research with you... (After it was over, I was so very happy not to have to heal from surgery while taking care of a two year old and a new born...)
  • debnu1
    debnu1 Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    Congrats emgi! I am glad everything went well for you!

We also decided to not do the genetic testing. It would have been fun to have an earlier u/s but the percentage of false negatives were too high for me. We also wouldn't change anything so it is pointless to worry unnecessarily. I have an u/s scheduled at 19 weeks. Just before Halloween. It'll be fun. My daughter took some coaxing--my son had it all splayed out. Funny how personalities show up in the womb.
  • ckmama
    Options
    Just had my son- a successful Vbac! If you have any Vbac questions, I'd be happy to share my story and research with you... (After it was over, I was so very happy not to have to heal from surgery while taking care of a two year old and a new born...)

Oh I have some questions:

How big was the baby? head circumference, size?

Was scar tissue an issue? I've had 2 laser surgeries and 1 section.

Are you a larger woman or average size? How did you decide to go that route, what types of questions are good to see if the doctor really thinks its a good idea?

I'm considering it, because I had such a terrible time healing from my c-section. I should be homeschooling by then and it would be great to be back up as soon as possible. I guess I could say even as bad as my section healing experience was i'm scared of vaginal only because i don't know what to expect. Thanks for any help.
  • Soon2Bfitmamaof3
    Options

Look at this website. I can't believe how much a vagina looks like a penis early on. I would think 15 weeks would be accurate if I have a good US tech and machine?

I found this study on the accuracy of gender determination, it becomes more accurate by week but at 12 weeks it is 88% accurate and by 15 weeks it is nearly 100% accurate.
    http://www.baby2see.com/gender/study_ultrasound.html
  • ckmama
    Options

I found this study on the accuracy of gender determination, it becomes more accurate by week but at 12 weeks it is 88% accurate and by 15 weeks it is nearly 100% accurate.
    http://www.baby2see.com/gender/study_ultrasound.html

Yep I saw the same study. I'm going to ask the doctor. I just need to keep my fingers crossed. I would love to find out earlier.
  • mwilson1018
    Options
    I HOPE THEY CAN TELL ME OURS TOMORROW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Fingers crossed!!! :love:
  • KatalynasMommy
    KatalynasMommy Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Congratulations EMGI on your new little bundle of joy!!
  • mwilson1018
    Options
    I wonder if Yessie had her baby.....anyone know??

I hope her and Angela are doing well! :flowerforyou:
  • Soon2Bfitmamaof3
    Options
    I was wondering the same thing. She must have had her baby by now. Good luck with your appointment today! I hope they are able to tell you what the baby is
  • Soon2Bfitmamaof3
    Options
    I guess I should have tried harder to remember to weigh in last week. Seeing the scale jump up 1.6 lbs was hard. I will be 13 weeks tomorrow and have officially gained an even 2 lbs. I am proud of myself because in the past I had gained atleast 10 by now but the big jump from 0.4 lb gain to 2.0 lb gain was hard to see all at once. I need to get exercising again, just can't phathom it yet since I still get sick and dizzy. How are all of you doing with your weight gain?
  • mwilson1018
    Options
    Had my appointment yesterday and everything is fine. I got some great new pictures, and it's amazing how "baby like" they are now! The baby has changed so much in just 4 weeks....so awesome! They weren't able to tell us the sex....at one point she thought it was a girl, then she thought it was a boy, so it was still too soon. We are scheduled to go back on Nov. 5 for the anatomy scan - so at least I only have to wait another month :smile: I hope the baby cooperates!

I weighed yesterday and I am still at 154.4 which means I still have only gained 1 lb pregnant. I can't believe that thought because I haven't been able to eat healthy at all. Sheri, I have not been exercising at all and I feel very guilty about it, but I feel the same way, still tired and not feeling up to it yet. Hopefully that will change soon! Next week we start our 2nd trimester...woo hoo!
  • tahmed
    tahmed Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    I had dropped 4 lbs when I was sick, and gained those back, but overall I haven't gained anything, and am still at the weight I was the day I found out I was pregnant. I am assuming that will change soon.

I haven't worked out at all either. But today I woke up at 5:30am with a ton of energy. I sorted out our entire closet, cleaned the whole thing, cleaned our bathroom (took me over 3 hours, as I scrubbed the floor on my hands and knees, and even cleaned the baseboards with a toothbrush. I did 6 loads of laundry, I took 5 bags of clothes to goodwill, went to Target and then to the grocery store. While I was in the grocery store, I all of a sudden got super dizzy and tired and wanted to cry. I just left my cart in the middle of the store, came home, and have been sleeping ever since. I guess I over did it!!! I was just so excited to have energy!