Tips for a first date? (guys only..)

Options

Replies

• summertime_girl
    summertime_girl Posts: 3,945 Member
    Options
    Huh. Weird.

If OP is legit, he should probably listen to this, and not much else:
    I suggest keeping it simple and be yourself.

Walk up to the door and introduce yourself when/if you meet the dad. It may be intimidating, but that is just the nature of the beast.

Opening/closing the car door is optional. I'm that man that does it no matter if its my daughter, mom, or a lady friend. It might be too old school for some young ladies, but its who I am as a person. There is nothing "soft" about showing manners.

You can be in charge, just remember there is a fine line of coming off as a douche especially on the first date. Don't be a douche, keep it simple.

Flowers, I wouldn't.

Dinner~If I asked her out, then I would pay. If she asked me out, It really depends on the date and individual. I usually pay anyway.

Protection? Yes. Although I never go on a date with the intentions of something happening. Keep it simple.

I think the most important advice I can give you is to listen to what she has to say. Look her directly in the eyes and close your mouth and listen to what she is telling you. A lady always tells you what is interesting to her and what makes her happy if you give her the opportunity to. The art of conversation is much easier than a one way speech of who I am.

Then if the date goes well, all those things she was telling you...if you were listening, makes it quite easy on suggesting a second date. Keep it simple.

Good luck...
  • wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Options
    Huh. Weird.

Hmm?
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    I killed a bear once.

With my car.
  • My_Own_Worst_Enemy
    My_Own_Worst_Enemy Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I killed a bear once.

With my car.

Me too.

As long as car means micro peen
  • amandakev88
    amandakev88 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    cute. just dont be an *kitten*. you'll be fine. and have fun obviously =]
  • nutellabrah
    Options

No pic, dough boy?

Just like I thought.

You guys should talk less. It's sad for the rest of us to have to read.

>Calls me creepy for pointing out that his shirtless pic was used by someone with a different username. Likely fraudin.
    >Posts numerous times he wants to see me without a shirt.

Strong logic.

Go shuffle off and continue being an orbiting beta for the women on here.

Lold hard at "orbiting beta"

So accurate. TMRL
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    I killed a bear once.

With my car.

Me too.

Can Superman get drunk?
  • Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    Options
    I killed a bear once.

With my car.

Me too.

Now THAT is Alpha! :drinker:
  • navyrigger46
    navyrigger46 Posts: 1,301 Member
    Options
    Okay so when I pick her up, should I walk to her door? I'm kind of afraid of her dad opening the door,

You said you wanted to show your dominance - well then, don't be afraid to walk up to the door and make a good impression if her dad does open the door. Be confident.
    So I was thinking about opening the car door for her and closing it. Is that too "soft" of me? I don't want to come off as some sort of softy. Well I want to be nice/ polite

There is nothing wrong with this, Manners go a long way. It doesn't show you're soft if you do this.
    Also I was thinking while we are driving to the restaurant I was gonna reach in the back seat and surprise her with some flowers. Is that too much?

Don't do this if you're driving!! Also, I've never bought someone flowers on a first date. But that's just me personally.
    Should I pay for her meal? I've done some research and a lot of guys say you shouldn't have to pay for everything on the first date because there might not be a second.

If you feel comfortable doing so then yeah, go for it. I tend to do this anyway. But there's no issues in both of you paying. It depends on how it goes. If you have a good date, then yeah, pay for the meal. If the date is rubbish and she spends most of her time on her phone texting her friends then personally I wouldn't. I find it so rude when people do this when having dinner with someone.
    Lastly..should I bring "protection" just in case

It never hurts to have some on you. Just don't expect it on the first date.

*Disclaimer* I'm single, and haven't been on a date in a long time. So all of the above could be complete rubbish. :laugh:

Good luck!

Pretty much this. I'd also add, It's a date, you pay for it, and as a father, if you showed up to pick up my daughter, sat in the driveway and honked the horn, I would be joining you in the front seat, not my little girl.

Walk up to the door and ring the bell, when her dad answers the door (because if he's a decent father he will) Extend your hand and be polite. Open doors and pull out chairs, pay for everything. When the date is over, walk her to the door, and remember, her dad will be watching.

Good luck brother.

Rigger
  • My_Own_Worst_Enemy
    My_Own_Worst_Enemy Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I killed a bear once.

With my car.

Me too.

Can Superman get drunk?

Mhm

2zs8r3o.jpg
  • FJunkie
    FJunkie Posts: 74
    Options
    Nutellabrah speaks like a brah( close to ) but doesn't look like one .. dude go build a brah's physique first then start acting like one.. oh i can tell u that right steroids so u don't have to get ***** tits or shut down ur test forever and hear no dady.. . if ur gonna do it the natty way wake me up after 4 years then :yawn: .

Mike seriously how old are u.. beta and alpha ? guys that think this way about women end up marrying *kitten* and they give birth to a line of *kitten* ..

Too much negative energy over here
  • Phildog47
    Phildog47 Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't let my daughter leave without meeting the guy. You should get out of the car, if anything, to show respect.
  • tomspearsix
    tomspearsix Posts: 31 Member
    Options

No pic, dough boy?

Just like I thought.

You guys should talk less. It's sad for the rest of us to have to read.

>Calls me creepy for pointing out that his shirtless pic was used by someone with a different username. Likely fraudin.
    >Posts numerous times he wants to see me without a shirt.

Strong logic.

Go shuffle off and continue being an orbiting beta for the women on here.

Lold hard at "orbiting beta"

So accurate. TMRL

Dude, please do everyone a favor and go back to your episode of My Little Pony and shut the hell up. It is so obvious you are so insecure in who you are that you have to prove to total strangers how "alpha" you are. Guess what? NO ONE GIVES A S***.

F'in bronies.....sigh

Ladies please excuse this douche, he is a total embarrassment to the male sex.
  • k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    Options

Would rather take the "pooch belly" over the "alpha male" with a "pee pee".

Ok.

Strong logic.

But ok.

I didn't say it was logical... But I would much rather be treated with respect by a man that has a pooch belly than be thought of as just another sexual conquest by an alpha male and Princess Sophia...

No man would view you as a sexual conquest. The same could be said to every woman who posted in this thread.

Aww!!! Look someone is just jealous their only date is with their hand. *tears*
  • mndavid
    mndavid Posts: 20
    Options
    (you just said "ew gross" in your head, didn't you?)

OK, that just made me laugh out loud.
  • MM_1982
    MM_1982 Posts: 374
    Options
    Dude, please do everyone a favor and go back to your episode of My Little Pony and shut the hell up. It is so obvious you are so insecure in who you are that you have to prove to total strangers how "alpha" you are. Guess what? NO ONE GIVES A S***.

F'in bronies.....sigh

Calls me a brony...

343377336_HA_HA_HA_OH_WOW_answer_3_xlarge.jpeg
  • obrientp
    obrientp Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    "photoshopped within an inch of a Kardashian"
    [/quote]

I love it!
  • nutellabrah
    Options
    Nutellabrah speaks like a brah( close to ) but doesn't look like one .. dude go build a brah's physique first then start acting like one.. oh i can tell u that right steroids so u don't have to get ***** tits or shut down ur test forever and hear no dady.. . if ur gonna do it the natty way wake me up after 4 years then :yawn: .

Mike seriously how old are u.. beta and alpha ? guys that think this way about women end up marrying *kitten* and they give birth to a line of *kitten* ..

Too much negative energy over here

You can feel free to come at me like that when you learn to squat below parallel.