Am I the Only Person Turned of by...

Options

Replies

• summertime_girl
    summertime_girl Posts: 3,945 Member
    Options
    This is a form of body shaming and I don't support this thread.

It's not "body-shaming" when a person chooses to have a design added to their body. I 100% support shaming people for their choices.

Oh sweetie, you're young. So young. Expand your world view a bit.
  • Lovely_77
    Lovely_77 Posts: 1,116 Member
    Options

It's not "body-shaming" when a person chooses to have a design added to their body. I 100% support shaming people for their choices.

Yea, and many people would say that getting fat was a personal choice. Those people are just as critical and douchey.... No one person is here on this site because we all LOVE the way we look. We are here to lose weight or tone up, and I for one would be just as offended if someone decided to bash another person for being a little bigger or too skinny.
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    LOL, I don't have any ink. -yet-
    I bet some of the people that responded don't have any, either.

As summertime said, more likely to find people with than without.

ETA: Don't like hairy D:

I LOOOOVE hairy men. They just look so manly lol.
    Nuuuu, I love me a smooooth chest.
    At least the pec area. The middle fuzzy is fine, but not the area that is going to get attention haha :P

I like hair everywhere. Even down there lol. Gooosh, it drives me crazy.

i have hair on my chest right now, but when im lean i always shave it to show off the cuts lol.

Nooo, don't shave it. Let the girl feel through the hair haha.

^^^^ totally this @ the bits in bold. and happy trails :love:
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options
    I agree with you fishnbrah. Tats, even when they are done well are WAY over-rated. I just picture them on an 80 year old person and shiver....

Do most 80 year olds have beautiful skin? We're all gonna be fat and saggy some day, so I may as well be fat, saggy, and colorful. :D

She looks miserable and filled with regret:

oldtat5.jpg
  • ghostfingers
    Options
    I have large visible tattoos and yea some people reallly really dislike them and have no problem voicing there unwanted opinion

but they are usually not people I would ever be attracted to in the first place so it is not something I think about often

you also said you dont shave at all in another thread

Wow, you really like being on the body-shaming bus.
  • vvvalentines
    Options

Oh sweetie. You're so condescending. Expand your worldview a bit and learn to stop being awful to defend your own poor life choices.
  • ghostfingers
    Options
    I agree with you fishnbrah. Tats, even when they are done well are WAY over-rated. I just picture them on an 80 year old person and shiver....

Do most 80 year olds have beautiful skin? We're all gonna be fat and saggy some day, so I may as well be fat, saggy, and colorful. :D

oldtat5.jpg

tumblr_inline_mlx5jdLDVB1qdrp0j.jpg

Clearly reevaluating her life choices.
  • star5785
    star5785 Posts: 140
    Options
    I don't have any, don't like them for myself. I also don't wear jewelry or even a watch. Anything extra on my body or skin just feels excessive.

But, some people look hot with them especially monochromatic sleeve tattoos on men.

eta i do wear my wedding ring though :)
  • salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,585 Member
    Options
    I have large visible tattoos and yea some people reallly really dislike them and have no problem voicing there unwanted opinion

but they are usually not people I would ever be attracted to in the first place so it is not something I think about often

and your point is?? are you attempting to shame me for that ?
  • vvvalentines
    Options

Yea, and many people would say that getting fat was a personal choice. Those people are just as critical and douchey.... No one person is here on this site because we all LOVE the way we look. We are here to lose weight or tone up, and I for one would be just as offended if someone decided to bash another person for being a little bigger or too skinny.

If you think "being fat" or "being skinny" is the same as "choosing a design and paying money to have it applied to your body permanently of your own volition," you're probably a terrible person.
  • kagevf
    kagevf Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    tattoos or no tattoos
    hairy or not hairy
    cheeseburger or vegetarian

as long as you dont judge a book by its cover , im yours.
  • fishnbrah
    fishnbrah Posts: 550
    Options

oldtat5.jpg

she looks disgusting. but im not trying to be mean here. just hearing various opinions is fun to me.
  • Lovely_77
    Options

Oh sweetie. You're so condescending. Expand your worldview a bit and learn to stop being awful to defend your own poor life choices.

We are all on the same site, obviously no one person here has made the best of choices otherwise we wouldn't be here trying to gain the same goal.... to get healthy. SO, honey you are def NOT one to talk.
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    Options

So let's talk about why you joined MFP... are you here to be shamed for the choices you've made? No?

Then GO AWAY or stop spouting off nonsense.
  • blgmw2
    blgmw2 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    judging by these responses it appears i actually am the only one. its pretty much impossible to find a girl without a tattoo it seems like.

Hate them! I think they are ugly no matter the
    Tattoo!
  • Lovely_77
    Options
    tattoos or no tattoos
    hairy or not hairy
    cheeseburger or vegetarian

as long as you dont judge a book by its cover , im yours.

DITTO!
  • fishnbrah
    fishnbrah Posts: 550
    Options

and your point is?? are you attempting to shame me for that ?

sorry i thought you were trolling in that thread.
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    Options

oldtat5.jpg

she looks disgusting. but im not trying to be mean here. just hearing various opinions is fun to me.

You're not trying to be mean, but you just called a stranger disgusting.

Logic wasn't your strong subject, was it?
  • blgmw2
    blgmw2 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    judging by these responses it appears i actually am the only one. its pretty much impossible to find a girl without a tattoo it seems like.

Hate them! I think they are ugly no matter the
    Tattoo!

I should say it has nothing to do with the person that has a tattoo. My husband and daughter both have one.
  • esquire9
    esquire9 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I think it is a personal preference. I am indifferent to tattoos, I have seen some I don't care about and i have seen some that are very creative and looks good . For me I cringe at the sight of piercing ( tongue, nipples, etc maybe because i just assume it is painful and doesn't heal )