Am I the Only Person Turned of by...

Options

Replies

• Lovely_77
    Lovely_77 Posts: 1,116 Member
    Options
    This is a form of body shaming and I don't support this thread.

It's not "body-shaming" when a person chooses to have a design added to their body. I 100% support shaming people for their choices.

Yea, and many people would say that getting fat was a personal choice. Those people are just as critical and douchey.... No one person is here on this site because we all LOVE the way we look. We are here to lose weight or tone up, and I for one would be just as offended if someone decided to bash another person for being a little bigger or too skinny.

If you think "being fat" or "being skinny" is the same as "choosing a design and paying money to have it applied to your body permanently of your own volition," you're probably a terrible person.

NO? It's not? So, then spending money for a big mac at mcdonalds and eating it of your own volition to help ensure excess weight gain, health issues not to mention permanent artery blockage and premature death is not the same as buying a tattoo or WORSE?
  • fishnbrah
    fishnbrah Posts: 550
    Options
    I agree with you fishnbrah. Tats, even when they are done well are WAY over-rated. I just picture them on an 80 year old person and shiver....

Do most 80 year olds have beautiful skin? We're all gonna be fat and saggy some day, so I may as well be fat, saggy, and colorful. :D

She looks miserable and filled with regret:

oldtat5.jpg

she looks disgusting. but im not trying to be mean here. just hearing various opinions is fun to me.

You're not trying to be mean, but you just called a stranger disgusting.

Logic wasn't your strong subject, was it?

youre totally right, that was a dikk comment. i just had to say it. why does it matter if she was a stranger? she probably is really cool and nice and just like my grandma. it still doesnt look good to me. i dont have to like them.
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    wow, some really judgemental people in this thread!!!

I don't have a tattoo, probably won't get one (but, hey, you never know) but most tats I've seen on others look damn good.

and this thread lacks pictures.
  • fishnbrah
    Options
    I think it is a personal preference. I am indifferent to tattoos, I have seen some I don't care about and i have seen some that are very creative and looks good . For me I cringe at the sight of piercing ( tongue, nipples, etc maybe because i just assume it is painful and doesn't heal )

i hear that.
  • ghostfingers
    Options
    I think it is a personal preference. I am indifferent to tattoos, I have seen some I don't care about and i have seen some that are very creative and looks good . For me I cringe at the sight of piercing ( tongue, nipples, etc maybe because i just assume it is painful and doesn't heal )

i hear that.

They actually aren't as painful as you might think, and complications are rare once they heal! :) Once they're healed through, they're very low-maintenance- they don't really feel like anything. I can't tell mine are there unless I'm messing with them. Haha!
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options
    I agree with you fishnbrah. Tats, even when they are done well are WAY over-rated. I just picture them on an 80 year old person and shiver....

Do most 80 year olds have beautiful skin? We're all gonna be fat and saggy some day, so I may as well be fat, saggy, and colorful. :D

oldtat5.jpg

she looks disgusting. but im not trying to be mean here. just hearing various opinions is fun to me.

youre totally right, that was a dikk comment. i just had to say it. why does it matter if she was a stranger? she probably is really cool and nice and just like my grandma. it still doesnt look good to me. i dont have to like them.

If you knew her personally, you might have an actual reason to call her names - like maybe she kicks dogs for sport -- you could call her disgusting then. But you don't know her and you called her that because of how she looks. That matters. It goes to that issue you have with judging people based on their looks.
  • Lovely_77
    Options

i hear that.

They actually aren't as painful as you might think, and complications are rare once they heal! :) Once they're healed through, they're very low-maintenance- they don't really feel like anything. I can't tell mine are there unless I'm messing with them. Haha!

I had my tongue pierced and that I will admit can cause issues, which is why I took it out and let it close. Tongue rings cause damage to the teeth and gums and new research suggest that the damage sustained from a tongue ring, regardless if the person plays with it or not, may cause oral cancer later. But, as for nose piercings ears belly button etc? I dont mind. I wouldnt get my nipples pierced only because for some it causes them to no longer be as sensitive.
  • bd0027
    bd0027 Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    tattoos or no tattoos
    hairy or not hairy
    cheeseburger or vegetarian

as long as you dont judge a book by its cover , im yours.

Kage, you're always so nice. Too cute, bud. (:
  • vvvalentines
    Options

It's not "body-shaming" when a person chooses to have a design added to their body. I 100% support shaming people for their choices.

Oh sweetie, you're young. So young. Expand your world view a bit.

Oh sweetie. You're so condescending. Expand your worldview a bit and learn to stop being awful to defend your own poor life choices.

We are all on the same site, obviously no one person here has made the best of choices otherwise we wouldn't be here trying to gain the same goal.... to get healthy. SO, honey you are def NOT one to talk.

Yeah, I definitely chose major depression, being confined to a hospital bed for six months following a car crash and major surgery, and successive eating disorders that almost killed me.
  • FJunkie
    FJunkie Posts: 74
    Options
    Tramp stamps drives me crazy

Crazy good, or crazy bad?

Crazy good , do u have one ? :wink:
  • fishnbrah
    Options

oldtat5.jpg

If you knew her personally, you might have an actual reason to call her names - like maybe she kicks dogs for sport -- you could call her disgusting then. But you don't know her and you called her that because of how she looks. That matters. It goes to that issue you have with judging people based on their looks.

dude, i dont need to know her to know i dont like the looks of her tattoos. im not judging anyone, read the OP. says im turned off by tattoos, thats all. so its okay to judge someone on their personality or views on subjects but i cant take their decision to get unappealing (to me) writing on themselves?
  • fishnbrah
    Options

i hear that.

I wouldnt get my nipples pierced only because for some it causes them to no longer be as sensitive.

go on....
  • Lovely_77
    Options

Oh sweetie. You're so condescending. Expand your worldview a bit and learn to stop being awful to defend your own poor life choices.

We are all on the same site, obviously no one person here has made the best of choices otherwise we wouldn't be here trying to gain the same goal.... to get healthy. SO, honey you are def NOT one to talk.

Yeah, I definitely chose major depression, being confined to a hospital bed for six months following a car crash and major surgery, and successive eating disorders that almost killed me.

So honey, I hope you never talk again. You should honestly be ashamed to be alive.

I am not interested in your life story, maybe I would have been if you didn't come off as a judgmental, condescending person and at any rate truth be told I dont know you from Eve, you could be spewing nonsense for all I know. I would have had a little more sensitivity towards your situation had again you not been so ugly to begin with. I didn't actually choose to be where I am now, I had diabetes when pregnant but at the same time I take accountability for the things I didn't do that I should have to have had prevented that in the first place and if I couldn't have prevented it, to get back on track the moment I was able, so may not have been a choice of MINE but I do realize I did have choices in certain things meaning we all BEING HUMAN have made poor choices, not necessarily in the weight or health department but I am sure you did something that was less than a stellar choice. I also guess you missed the part where I said that OTHERS would find being fat or skinny as a choice, and that those people are just as critical and douchey as you are. And honestly for someone who had a "near death experience" you sure are willing to throw the you should be ashamed to be alive comment out there. You should be grateful not an A**
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    Options

oldtat5.jpg

dude, i dont need to know her to know i dont like the looks of her tattoos. im not judging anyone, read the OP. says im turned off by tattoos, thats all. so its okay to judge someone on their personality or views on subjects but i cant take their decision to get unappealing (to me) writing on themselves?

My comment was about calling people names without knowing them: ie disgusting. Not your OP.
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    Options

So honey, I hope you never talk again. You should honestly be ashamed to be alive.

You need to check up on forum rules for posting.

There are ways to disagree with people without shaming people or suggesting they shouldn't be living. You need serious help and I hope people are reporting your comments because they have no place here. Seriously.
  • tworthen79
    tworthen79 Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    I love my tatttoos. :drinker:
  • summertime_girl
    summertime_girl Posts: 3,945 Member
    Options
    Personally don't think it's body-shaming to have a physical preference for no tattoos. We all have visual preferences for what we find attractive or not.

Me though?
    99.png
  • DJMIKEY1
    DJMIKEY1 Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    So what you are saying is I need to go get a tattoo?
  • MinMin97
    MinMin97 Posts: 2,676 Member
    Options
    I won't ever get a tattoo. If someone asked me if they should get a tattoo, I would say no. Not a tattoo person. Don't judge me.
  • tworthen79
    tworthen79 Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    Tattoos for everyone!!