I see many with very pour nutrition in their diet.

Options

Replies

• Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    I see many with POOR spelling in their titles.

...and dead people. I see dead people too.

My favourite so far ^^^
    Several, yes. Titles and replies. But only one being mocked for it (no, not you).
  • DamePiglet
    DamePiglet Posts: 3,730 Member
    Options
    I haven't eaten McDonald's for several months. Also for some reason I've lost the urge for drinking sodas and it's great to be free of those useless sugars. It's hard to cut vices out of our program but the OP is right....so get of your lazy butts and get it right this time.

Thank you. McDonalds does have good salads and believe me I really love those double quarter pounders as much an anyone with a large fry and chocolate shake. But that isn't in my immediate future.

This is why you've had to lose weight over and over and find yourself in the position of having to lose it again.

If you don't learn to eat those McDonald's burgers now, in a way that fits into your daily nutrition goals, you'll fall directly back into old eating patterns the day your "diet" is over.

Habits are what stick. As soon as your special diet is over, you will immediately go back to your old habits and go back to looking the way you look now.

The key to all this is to learn new sustainable habits, and that means learning how to eat quarter pounders in a responsible way.

Or even just a little ol' regular-sized burger does the trick just fine sometimes. Depends on whatcha' want & what fits.
  • xLexa
    xLexa Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    kfc-and-mcdonalds_o_285948.jpg
  • alexandriax03
    alexandriax03 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    I haven't eaten McDonald's for several months. Also for some reason I've lost the urge for drinking sodas and it's great to be free of those useless sugars. It's hard to cut vices out of our program but the OP is right....so get of your lazy butts and get it right this time.

Thank you. McDonalds does have good salads and believe me I really love those double quarter pounders as much an anyone with a large fry and chocolate shake. But that isn't in my immediate future.

This is why you've had to lose weight over and over and find yourself in the position of having to lose it again.

If you don't learn to eat those McDonald's burgers now, in a way that fits into your daily nutrition goals, you'll fall directly back into old eating patterns the day your "diet" is over.

Habits are what stick. As soon as your special diet is over, you will immediately go back to your old habits and go back to looking the way you look now.

The key to all this is to learn new sustainable habits, and that means learning how to eat quarter pounders in a responsible way.

According to your diary, you eat fast food almost every day. How is that responsible?
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options
    You know what this thread needs?

Cats.

And diabetus.

image.png

What if I said this made my night?!?!?!

Hope over sugar daddy thread... THAT will really make your night.
  • Mr_Bad_Example
    Mr_Bad_Example Posts: 2,403 Member
    Options

According to your diary, you eat fast food almost every day. How is that responsible?

I don't know, taking in food on a daily basis to sustain life sounds pretty responsible to me.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    MFP: easy website to troll, or easiest website to troll?

Seriously, a 70 year old woman saying I don't give a rats *kitten*, "lol", "lookin good dude". Seriously? Seriously?!?

I'm surprised a 70 year old knows how to get to a website.

Well pilgrim you just learned something. My 71 year old builds computers so you learned something new today. Not to mention I make a great living on this computer as a virtual assistant to Realtors across the country. Old doesn't make you stupid.

you have a 71 year old child??
  • RaggedyPond
    RaggedyPond Posts: 1,487 Member
    Options
    MFP: easy website to troll, or easiest website to troll?

Seriously, a 70 year old woman saying I don't give a rats *kitten*, "lol", "lookin good dude". Seriously? Seriously?!?

I'm surprised a 70 year old knows how to get to a website.

Well pilgrim you just learned something. My 71 year old builds computers so you learned something new today. Not to mention I make a great living on this computer as a virtual assistant to Realtors across the country. Old doesn't make you stupid.

you have a 71 year old child??

She must be a time lord.
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options

Now who is stalking who. :huh: Follow him to new threads much?

He's athletic and it fits his goals, how is that not responsible. You are attacking someone who is a long term success and you still have a long way to go. Sorry, but he has more credibility than you do.
  • fortally
    Options
    She does have a lot of expertise for someone that has lost a whole 2 lbs. Just saying.
    Wow. Need a ladder for that horse?
    Eyes on your own paper, thanks.

and the one about the cats...

Thanks for all the funnies. Bet I burned 50 calories just LMAO...
  • GreatGreenSea
    GreatGreenSea Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I am seeing posting and when looking at their food diaries it is a nightmare. Take it from an old lady who has lost a whole ton of weight in my life. I know how to do it just have a problem keeping it off because I am also a gourmet cook and I love to eat what I cook.

You can have bread but cut back to 2-3 slices a week and do whole wheat vs white. A little pasta goes a long way. You can have a slice or 2 of bacon a week. It won't kill you. I see people staying below their calorie intake but everything else is out of control. You need a balance. If you don't eat a good healthy diet you may lose but you are not making choices that are going to keep the weight off.

You don't have to deprive yourself but for God's sake stay out of McDonalds if you are serious. Learn how to cook. It is fun and you will feel much more satisfied. If you are eating packaged meals you are filling your body with sodium and crap that will make you sick. If anyone would like recipes let me know I will be glad to help you out. some of you are asking for a stroke or heart attack and I am not some kind of health nut believe me.

Come back when you learn how to spell, and then maybe we can talk about my "pour" nutrition.
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    You know what this thread needs?

Cats.

And diabetus.

image.png

What if I said this made my night?!?!?!

Hope over sugar daddy thread... THAT will really make your night.

I just checked that thread, and....

tumblr_m4wq14toy91rqfhi2o1_400.gif
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options

if he meets his goals/macros/etc, how is it not?

Is it responsible that you recommend raspberry ketones and green tea as a 'weight loss' method...
  • DamePiglet
    DamePiglet Posts: 3,730 Member
    Options

Okay, you've been around awhile, so I would like to explain something about MFP to you:

It is branded and marketed as a tool to help people to EAT WHAT THEY WANT and still lose weight.
    If you don't believe me, I encourage you to visit the MFP homepage.

While you personally may not approve of eating fast food, you will have to recognize that you are in the minority with your opinion in these forums. And until MFP changes its marketing strategy, you will continue to be.

And they will not change their strategy any time soon because it works. Well.
  • RaggedyPond
    RaggedyPond Posts: 1,487 Member
    Options

if he meets his goals/macros/etc, how is it not?

Is it responsible that you recommend raspberry ketones and green tea as a 'weight loss' method...

Those elderly and their Doctor Oz. Smh
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    Sigh. This thread will hit 500 in an hour.
  • Lleldiranne
    Lleldiranne Posts: 5,516 Member
    Options
    As contentious as the posting was always going to be, there are some valid points in there.

My diary is open only to friends. That said, I'd be the first to admit that I sneak some crap in there sometimes - and that sometimes I'd benefit from either moderating it or eliminating it.

I'm going to dwell on the positive and just say that this posting was a welcome reminder to look at the foods themselves and not just the calorie count.

Yup. I didn't say not to treat yourself with your favs once in a while I did say moderation. You can't deprive yourself completely or you will fall off the wagon so to speak. But when I see someone take in almost 5000 in sodium in a day that is not healthy. My advice is from experience and given in kindness but I see there isn't much kindness in return here. If no one wants it then don't take it. simple as that

I bet when I finish logging today, it'll be something like 5000 mg sodium.

That's no my normal. I'm usually around 2000 mg. Today was a "blow it" day. Also a TOM cravings cave, just a bit. So I indulged. I ate stuff I often don't. My food log for today will make you shudder.

I bet there's a lot of people like that. You see 5000mg of sodium for that day. But is that a typical day? The fact that you even SEE their sodium means they're tracking it, so they're probably usually paying attention.

Your intent, eat healthful foods most of the time and it's okay to indulge in moderation, is correct. But I don't think it came out quite right. Imagine some new kid intern walks into your workplace (I know, you work from home, but pretend you're still in an office) and immediately starts telling everyone that they've been doing it all wrong and they need to do it her way. It doesn't go over well. And I know you say you don't care how you come across and you are blunt and oh well. But remember, you can catch more flies with honey than with vinegar.

If you do want to help, hang out a bit, get to know the forums a bit (you'll learn who really knows what they are talking about and gives good advice, who's essentially correct but snarky, and who is just completely off base), check out people's food logs when they ask for help and give some advice based on THEIR log (not the general "so many people"), and then consider posting a "hey I see a lot of people struggling with this" general post if you really must, but again with honey not vinegar. Get a bit of experience with the community, as well as weight loss/maintenance, and some current nutritional understanding under your belt. And don't lecture. Human nature makes us tune out and hear Charlie Brown's teacher, or just fight it, when someone lectures.

:flowerforyou:
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options

Explain why you think it's irresponsible.

Try not to use Fox News as a source.
  • alexandriax03
    alexandriax03 Posts: 289 Member
    Options

Now who is stalking who. :huh: Follow him to new threads much?

He's athletic and it fits his goals, how is that not responsible. You are attacking someone who is a long term success and you still have a long way to go. Sorry, but he has more credibility than you do.

I was already in this thread way before he was sweetheart. Fits his goals? LOL. He's over every single day by hundreds of calories. But ok!
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options

Because I do it responsibly. I exercise. I hit my nutrition goals. I eat 4+ servings of fruits and vegetables a day. As a result, I am lean, I have a decent quantity of lean mass, I have a high level of cardiovascular fitness, and all my health markers are optimal. I used to be fat, as you can see from my ticker. I used to have high cholesterol and poor LDL/HDL ratios. Now they're all fantastic. I love the food I eat. I look forward to every meal because they're all awesome.

I've sustained my weight loss for almost 10 years now. I'm extremely healthy. I haven't spent decades yo-yo dieting by following a destructive pattern of going from a "diet" back to old habits. I'm getting more than sufficient quantities of vitamins, minerals, and fiber.

My health is, frankly, fantastic. And the reason is because I take care of my body and feed it responsibly.

BTW, if you want to see how I normally eat go back to before Christmas. I caught a terrible stomach flu and spent a solid 2 to 3 weeks struggling to keep down enough calories. I'm getting back to my normal patterns now.