I see many with very pour nutrition in their diet.

Options

Replies

• sloth3toes
    sloth3toes Posts: 2,212 Member
    Options
    In, gotta come back to this one. Is the OP still involved?
  • scottkjar
    scottkjar Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    Somehow I expected this to be about beer.

But since it is about bread, I suggest that OP should buy better bread and then she can eat it every day. OP suggests wheat instead of white. I can barely tell the difference. I eat low-carb, high-fiber, high-protein, flax-soy bread and it helps me hit my macros regularly.
  • xxSjayxx
    xxSjayxx Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    LORDY LORDY LORD!

Well, this escalated quickly!
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    Sigh. This thread will hit 500 in an hour.

is that a bad thing?
  • ndj1979
    Options
    LORDY LORDY LORD!

Well, this escalated quickly!

welcome to MFP …where people rat out profile pictures, and the threads escalate with the quickness
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    I haven't eaten McDonald's for several months. Also for some reason I've lost the urge for drinking sodas and it's great to be free of those useless sugars. It's hard to cut vices out of our program but the OP is right....so get of your lazy butts and get it right this time.

Thank you. McDonalds does have good salads and believe me I really love those double quarter pounders as much an anyone with a large fry and chocolate shake. But that isn't in my immediate future.

This is why you've had to lose weight over and over and find yourself in the position of having to lose it again.

If you don't learn to eat those McDonald's burgers now, in a way that fits into your daily nutrition goals, you'll fall directly back into old eating patterns the day your "diet" is over.

Habits are what stick. As soon as your special diet is over, you will immediately go back to your old habits and go back to looking the way you look now.

The key to all this is to learn new sustainable habits, and that means learning how to eat quarter pounders in a responsible way.

According to your diary, you eat fast food almost every day. How is that responsible?

Because I do it responsibly. I exercise. I hit my nutrition goals. I eat 4+ servings of fruits and vegetables a day. As a result, I am lean, I have a decent quantity of lean mass, I have a high level of cardiovascular fitness, and all my health markers are optimal. I used to be fat, as you can see from my ticker. I used to have high cholesterol and poor LDL/HDL ratios. Now they're all fantastic. I love the food I eat. I look forward to every meal because they're all awesome.

I've sustained my weight loss for almost 10 years now. I'm extremely healthy. I haven't spent decades yo-yo dieting by following a destructive pattern of going from a "diet" back to old habits. I'm getting more than sufficient quantities of vitamins, minerals, and fiber.

My health is, frankly, fantastic. And the reason is because I take care of my body and feed it responsibly.

BTW, if you want to see how I normally eat go back to before Christmas. I caught a terrible stomach flu and spent a solid 2 to 3 weeks struggling to keep down enough calories. I'm getting back to my normal patterns now.
    Wow johnny,that's the first time I've seen you say all this. Heck,most of this. (given you told me you're not in maintenance). Great. Wow. What a departure. All I have to go by are your many, many posts. Never seen this before.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Options

is that a bad thing?
    Is it a good thing?
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    I haven't eaten McDonald's for several months. Also for some reason I've lost the urge for drinking sodas and it's great to be free of those useless sugars. It's hard to cut vices out of our program but the OP is right....so get of your lazy butts and get it right this time.

Thank you. McDonalds does have good salads and believe me I really love those double quarter pounders as much an anyone with a large fry and chocolate shake. But that isn't in my immediate future.

This is why you've had to lose weight over and over and find yourself in the position of having to lose it again.

If you don't learn to eat those McDonald's burgers now, in a way that fits into your daily nutrition goals, you'll fall directly back into old eating patterns the day your "diet" is over.

Habits are what stick. As soon as your special diet is over, you will immediately go back to your old habits and go back to looking the way you look now.

The key to all this is to learn new sustainable habits, and that means learning how to eat quarter pounders in a responsible way.

According to your diary, you eat fast food almost every day. How is that responsible?

Now who is stalking who. :huh: Follow him to new threads much?

He's athletic and it fits his goals, how is that not responsible. You are attacking someone who is a long term success and you still have a long way to go. Sorry, but he has more credibility than you do.

I was already in this thread way before he was sweetheart. Fits his goals? LOL. He's over every single day by hundreds of calories. But ok!

That's what happens when you bulk. You have to eat more calories than you burn to add lean mass. It's very common in bodybuilding or athletes who want to increase lean body mass.
    http://www.aworkoutroutine.com/bulk-and-cut/
  • 1princesswarrior
    1princesswarrior Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    Well, OP, usually you will catch more flies with honey than vinegar. I think you original message could have been said very differently. I understand your point but like so many others here I do not always have the option of eating the best nutrition. On some days I struggle to even get enough calories because I need to eat around 2800 and the majority of my food has been fruit and a protein shake. See I work two jobs, one is manual labor, and I'm training two horses. Doesn't leave me much time for cooking much more than pasta, chicken breast, or bacon and eggs. So I do eat a lot of carbs, protein and try to get healthy fats. It's a constant struggle though. I'm saying all of this because there are a lot of other members in this community in very similar situations, i.e. multiple jobs, multiple children playing sports, homework, college students, adults working and going back to school, ...

So before you become defensive about my response like you have so many others please consider that we all have individual lives and situations so we all have found what works for us. It may not be perfect but it's not a perfect world either.
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options

He's athletic and it fits his goals, how is that not responsible. You are attacking someone who is a long term success and you still have a long way to go. Sorry, but he has more credibility than you do.

I was already in this thread way before he was sweetheart. Fits his goals? LOL. He's over every single day by hundreds of calories. But ok!

My goal is set to maintenance, and I'm in a bulking phase. I'm over on purpose. Go back to the period between January and September of 2013 to see my logs from when I was losing weight.
  • jonnythan
    Options

Because I do it responsibly. I exercise. I hit my nutrition goals. I eat 4+ servings of fruits and vegetables a day. As a result, I am lean, I have a decent quantity of lean mass, I have a high level of cardiovascular fitness, and all my health markers are optimal. I used to be fat, as you can see from my ticker. I used to have high cholesterol and poor LDL/HDL ratios. Now they're all fantastic. I love the food I eat. I look forward to every meal because they're all awesome.

I've sustained my weight loss for almost 10 years now. I'm extremely healthy. I haven't spent decades yo-yo dieting by following a destructive pattern of going from a "diet" back to old habits. I'm getting more than sufficient quantities of vitamins, minerals, and fiber.

My health is, frankly, fantastic. And the reason is because I take care of my body and feed it responsibly.

BTW, if you want to see how I normally eat go back to before Christmas. I caught a terrible stomach flu and spent a solid 2 to 3 weeks struggling to keep down enough calories. I'm getting back to my normal patterns now.
    Wow johnny,that's the first time I've seen you say all this. Heck,most of this. (given you told me you're not in maintenance). Great. Wow. What a departure. All I have to go by are your many, many posts. Never seen this before.

Not sure why it's a surprise. This is the exact advice I give to pretty much everyone.
  • Mr_Bad_Example
    Mr_Bad_Example Posts: 2,403 Member
    Options

Looks like the OP isn't the only one suffering from the thin air while sitting on a high horse...

superior-kitteh-wont-get-off-his-high-horse.jpg
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Options

Not sure why it's a surprise. This is the exact advice I give to pretty much everyone.
    BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
    Preach it johnny!
    I'm not sure I've EVER seen you mention a vegetable.
    Again, your profile is "private" so I dunno...
    But yeah.
  • ndj1979
    Options

is that a bad thing?
    Is it a good thing?

I guess its like Sweden, neutral
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Options

is that a bad thing?
    Is it a good thing?

Isn't that Switzerland?:tongue:
  • ndj1979
    Options

is that a bad thing?
    Is it a good thing?

yes, switzerland...
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options

I am sorry, I laughed till I cried. And then OP from Sugar Daddy sent my husband a friend request and I started hyperventilating. How do you not know what a bulk is? Aren't you a healh care professional who is an expert in this field?
  • jonnythan
    Options
    BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
    Preach it johnny!
    I'm not sure I've EVER seen you mention a vegetable.
    Again, your profile is "private" so I dunno...
    But yeah.

I guess you haven't been paying attention then. That's my advice for everyone.

Get enough protein.
    Get enough fat.
    Eat a few servings of veggies and fruits a day.
    Do strength training.
    Regularly engage in some form of physical activity you enjoy.

This is pretty much it. That's all of it. I challenge you to find where I recommend anything other than that.

And by the way, I saw your post where you thought I wasn't athletic. I see you edited it. That's... amusing.
  • My_Own_Worst_Enemy
    My_Own_Worst_Enemy Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Amazing how many people GAF about whats in another persons diary.

All this talk about calories IN. No one mentioning calories OUT. Hey OP forget the food nonsense. Wheres all your exercise??
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Options

is that a bad thing?
    Is it a good thing?

yes, switzerland...
    Awesome knives.
    cheers:flowerforyou: