Paleo lifestyle... Have you tried it? How did you feel?

Options
15678911»

Replies

• Ximana
    Ximana Posts: 26
    Options
    i'll have to check with my Inuit buddies

seems to me they migrated to Mexico thousands of years ago

and lived off beans, last i heard
  • dayone987
    dayone987 Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    I think once grains are introduced as anything other than a cheat day item, you've stopped doing Paleo.

And sorry if I insinuated that Paleo is strictly low carb earlier. Most folks I know that eat Paleo end up eating less carbs than they did before. While vegetables are the cornerstone of any good Paleo meal, they tend to be less carby than grains.

So, would you describe yourself as a 5th level paleo?

http://robbwolf.com/2012/10/24/shades-paleo/
  • rejectuf
    rejectuf Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    how silly, if your not careful

half of you will end up

with undiagnosed diabetes

meat will have caused it

men and women will have weakened kidneys

find a way to put fiber in your diet

for you.

fill up on whole fruits and veggies

good luck

try hemp and chia seeds

Wait, since when was a diet that encourages unprocessed meat, vegetables, and fruit a risk for diabetes?
  • rejectuf
    Options
    I think once grains are introduced as anything other than a cheat day item, you've stopped doing Paleo.

And sorry if I insinuated that Paleo is strictly low carb earlier. Most folks I know that eat Paleo end up eating less carbs than they did before. While vegetables are the cornerstone of any good Paleo meal, they tend to be less carby than grains.

So, would you describe yourself as a 5th level paleo?

http://robbwolf.com/2012/10/24/shades-paleo/

Probably somewhere between a 4th and 5th :) Neat article, and it does help clear up that you can take what you like from the Paleo plan and probably end up healthier for it.
  • daybehavior
    daybehavior Posts: 1,319 Member
    Options
    how silly, if your not careful

half of you will end up

with undiagnosed diabetes

meat will have caused it

men and women will have weakened kidneys

find a way to put fiber in your diet

for you.

fill up on whole fruits and veggies

good luck

try hemp and chia seeds

Wait, since when was a diet that encourages unprocessed meat, vegetables, and fruit a risk for diabetes?

Im pretty sure this person is encouraging the paleo diet. Though its hard to take someone seriously when they make horrible and unsubstantiated claims while writing in stanzas.
  • Mcgrawhaha
    Mcgrawhaha Posts: 1,596 Member
    Options
    Try the paleo group. You'll find a lot of people there who can tell you their experiences.
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/forums/show/54-primal-paleo-support-group

This. I'd love to talk about my experience and success with a ketogenic version of a Paleo lifestyle. But not here. I'm done with people telling my how "bad" (omg cutting out whole food groups!) or "restrictive" (cuz eating ribeye steaks, side pork, and vegetables soaked in delicious fats, etc is so terrible) my lifestyle is when I absolutely LOVE, it makes me healthy (we've been lied to), and I lose weight effortlessly. Whatever.

PS. It is cheaper to eat this way, and I can explain how. (I've kept track of my spending for years.)

you sound very hostile. i bet a big gooey donut would put you in a better mood!
  • rejectuf
    Options

Im pretty sure this person is encouraging the paleo diet. Though its hard to take someone seriously when they make horrible and unsubstantiated claims while writing in stanzas.

Yeah maybe. I just saw something anti-meat and assumed it was against Paleo which is pretty heavy on the meat.
  • hunnnybee
    hunnnybee Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    New Years I started a 45 day paleo challenge through my local crossfit box. We are tracking not weight loss but workout endurance and speed and I have noticed a difference in my energy levels. I do not feel as though I am depriving myself and am not hungry but find it hard to eat enough .My diet is healthier than I was eating before but everyday is a challenge to find out what is paleo or not with hidden ingredients. Overall I feel healthier and definitly not deprived
  • SnicciFit
    SnicciFit Posts: 967 Member
    Options